MrsQuadkon's EE diary

Oh that's good news all round...well done
Its a beautiful sunny day today so just heading out a very long walk with the dog to try and boost the weight loss before tomorrow
Enjoy the rest of your day Sarg! x

Well done sarg!

Glad you all enjoyed it biffy, it's definaty my favourite!

Well ladies I have STS. Although a little disappointed I am not surprised. I think my hungry weekend last week has caught up with me.Also this week I didn't write down my food diary every day or do as much walking so I know what to do next week. For now I'm going to allow myself some Saturday treats and then get straight back on plan tomorrow. My dog will be well walked this weekend!
Have a nice day x

I've really got to pull myself together! Haven't been able to stay on track at all lately, the scales showed .25 down this morning, official weigh in Wednesday hoping to be able to get another .25 off to make it another half. I don't know why I just can't stick to it anymore :(

I agree with you Sarg, don't beat yourself up, there is lots to be positive about. If it were easy none of us would be needing to lose weight in the first place! And 0.25 is still moving in the right direction. You must be doing something right not to be gaining. Look at your last four weeks...losses every time :)

Ok, I'm going back to posting my daily food diary this week. I think lost track of a few syns last week by not recording it.
Breakfast-All bran and half banana
Mid morning-the other half of banana!
Lunch-ham omelette, ff yogurt and satsuma
Afternoon-hot chocolate and 1 rich tea finger 3 syns
Tea -Homemade Nandos, rice, salad and corn on the cob-2 syns. Mullerlight
Will have a Freddo later taking syns to 10 for today. If I need anything else I'll have some more ff yogurt and fruit :rolleyes:

Another lovely day here so two long dog walks..I think the rain is on its way later in the week. :(
Breakfast-Grapefruit (sorry Mrs Q!). Cheese omelette
Lunch-Morrisons tuna and sweetcorn sandwich...also ate the wee pack of crisps that comes with it. Will guess 3 syns
Afternoon-coffee and 1/4 toasted hot cross bun 5 syns
Tea-Spaghetti Carbonara SW style
FF yog and satsuma
Freddo 5 syns

I love hot x buns too and would happily polish off more than one. Again it was in morrisons cafe and they have the calories listed...382 for whole thing so I let mum order one and took a quarter...without the calories listed I would probably have had a whole one.
For the carbonara I adapted a recipe on sw website. It would have been better with some cream but hey ho!
I dry fried bacon,onion,mush and garlic then added some chicken bovril stock and simmered for a wee while. Then added cooked spag and beaten egg. Tossed it all around to let egg cook but not scramble too.much!The bovril stopped it being too dry.

Hey ladies, still haven't managed to get back on track! I'm starting to wonder if slimming world is for me. I'm going over my syns everyday, but I'm counting calories and it doesn't seem too bad really, just not slimming world friendly. I'm getting sick of the healthy extra situation, I wanna be able to eat cereal for breakfast, then still have a slice of bread and bit of cheese with a salad later and still be able to have a bit of chocolate, I know I'd be able to do that on a calorie controlled diet. But then again, even though I'm going over my syns, I still like having rules, it's definaty stopping me going way overboard.

Mmm I love carbonara! Can't believe there are so many calories in a hot cross bun!! I'd have guessed about 200 - 250 tops!!

Lost a measly 0.25 this week

Its still a loss Mrs Q!
Hate to hear you so despondant. I know what u mean about the cereal/bread situation. I know if I have cereal for brekie then I might struggle the rest of the day cos thats me used hex a and b in one fell swoop. That's why i usually have eggs for breaki but might struggle time wise with that when i go back to work. I'm not that familiar with them but would red and green days help you?
I tend to ignore calories until iy comes to syns. The hot x bun may have been so high cos it came dripping in butter...yum!
Please keep your chin up!
How long til Layla's birthday?..something to look forward to!

I was thinking red and green might be better, but I can't seem to get my head around it. It's her birthday on Saturday so were quite busy at the moment, we only moved into this house in December and were still not sorted, need furniture and need to put pictures/mirrors up, I want it looking nice, it's not just a simple house move, it's a house my mum and dad owned, which we house swapped (we only lived next door), the layout is different though and it has an extra bedroom, we completely gutted the kitchen, I mean knocked walls down and tore the ceiling down too, moved the bathroom up stairs and alsorts so for the past couple of years I've been planning a d designing and going on about it to people, so I'm wanting it to look as nice as possible lol.

Is your recipe similar or better?!

Hi not sure about better, but its different.

Fry diced lean gammon steak or bacon (both works well)
cook pasta - 250g
Mix 2 eggs with 150g of FF fromage Frais and 2 level tbs of grated parmesan cheese (3 syns) 1 tsp of mustard powder, salt, pepper and grated nutmeg (i love nutmeg, I put it in loads of things)

Rinse pasta in boiling water and drain, put back in pan, mix in cooked diced gammon and the egg mix, put back over the heat to heat through but not scramble the eggs, sprinkle with chopped chives or spring onions. Server with lots of superfree veg.

Servers 3 people so 1 syn each.

Both my children love it! :)

Mrs Q

Any loss is a good loss.

I used to do red and green days when I did SW before (EE was not around), so any questions ask away.

Basic overview

Red day - eat as much lean meat, fish and superfree veg as you want with 2 HE a and 2 HE b choices

Breakfast - 30g HE B choice of cerial, eggs bacon mushroom tomatoes and seletion of fresh fruit
Lunch - chicken salad sandwich with HE B choice of bread, yogurt, and fruit
Dinner - 2 chicken breast and loads of supper free veg.
snacks - chicken, crab sticks, fruit, raw veg, yogurts and 2 x HE A choices (nearly forgot them! LOL)
Plus 10- 15 syns

Green day - eat as much pasta, rice, potatoes, noodles and superfree veg as you want with 2 HE a and 2 HE b choices

Breakfast - 30g HE B choice of cerial, eggs tin potatoes mushroom tomatoes and seletion of fresh fruit
Lunch - Baked potatoe with baked beans and HE A choice of cheese, yogurt and fresh fruit
Dinner - Pasta bake using tin tomatoes and any superfree veg you fancy
snacks - fruit, raw veg, yogurts, mug shots, fat free supernoodles, pasta, SW chips
Plus 10- 15 syns

I find Red days a lot better for lossing weight than EE or green. But as I struggle to have HE A on EE I really struggle to have two on the other plans. I do not take milk in tea or coffee and have to limited what dairy products I eat as I am lactose intolerant, and I like to eat a yogurt every day for a sweet hit.

I was calorie counting before coming back to SW and its OK for a while, but then sticking to 1200 calories every day and not feeling hungry is really hard. At least with SW there is always something you can eat if you feel peckish.

Stick with it Mrs Q - we are here willing and waiting to cheer you on! :) x

Back