MrsQuadkon's EE diary

Great information Sarg, thanks!
Will def try that recipe, sounds better than mine.
The red day looks good..would allow you to have cereal and bread on the same day. If I get fed up with EE I might give red and green days a try.
Windy but sunny here today so the dog will be walked soon.

Mrs Q, it looks like you have dealt with a lot over the last wee while, house move, renovations, children... Don't be beating yourself up with all that going on. I'm off work with only 1 teenage child left at home...who is out more than he is in!...so I have plenty time to devote to this. Just do what you can when you can x
Take care everyone x

Thanks for the information sarg, I'm gonna give it a try! I think I'll eat less doing red and green, as I'm quite a greedy person so if I'm having chips and meat I need a big pile of both lol. Basically it's veggie days and carb free days then. I'm gonna start today on a red day, as I'm having left over turkey for lunch, with salad, will have to think about tea though

Good Luck hope it works for you.

Post up what you intend to eat and I will double check it if you want.

Just be carefull with peas, sweetcorn, soya beans, parsnips, sweet potato etc on red days as they are not free, but they are on green days.

Quorn is free on both plans, so if you want spag bol on a green day use quorn mince instead and its still all free.

Thanks for the heads up on those few veggies, will have to have a look in my book and get to grips with it all.

Breakfast
kellogs all bran choc crunch with milk (hex a)

snack
raspberries and blueberries

lunch
turkey, bacon, salad, baked beans
greek style muller (1/2 syn)

Thanks for the heads up on those few veggies, will have to have a look in my book and get to grips with it all.

Breakfast
kellogs all bran choc crunch with milk (hex a)

snack
raspberries and blueberries

lunch
turkey, bacon, salad, baked beans
greek style muller (1/2 syn)

Hi

If you are doing a red day today - Baked beans are not free :( Only free on Green or EE days. you can have them as one of your HE B choices 150g on Red.

Don't panic if you have not quite got it, it will be a learning curve, You can always go back to a EE day today.

Weather held off so managed a walk with the dog.
Breakfast-1 grapefruit, All Bran and banana
Mid morning-cereal bar (3.5 syns)
Lunch-bacon, egg, mushrooms and beans
ff yog and satsuma (am addicted!)
Tea- Prawns and noodle stir fry-hubby put some honey in it so will count a couple of syns for that
Greek mullerlight 0.5 syns
Freddo 5 syns
11 syns in total so far so could have a cheeky bag of skips later!

Used the beans as my health extra, I don't see how you can make a decent meal out of red days, if its basically meat and veg, ill have to look at some recipes for imspiration

Hi

Yes red days are basically meat and veg.

There are a lot of recipes on line and there are a few threads on here where people are doing red days, which may help you out.

Once you get in to the swing of it, it will be easier.

Idea for today:

Try using mashed swede, carrot on top of mince beef for a shepherds pie on red, that works out really nice.

I tend to just cook meals as normal for my family and then just not have the potatoes, or pasta etc, and double up on the veg and maybe have a bit more meat.

Hope you have both had a good day.
Breakfast-Grapefruit, All Bran and banana
Lunch-Poached egg, haddock and 1 slice bread
Tea-Soup, 1 slice bread, Muller light and a Pink and Whits
Had to count bread as syns so 10 plus 2.5 for pink and white.

Well done Sarg! Enjoy all your treats. I'm off to open up our static caravan for the year...its my wee escape. Will have to clean it from top to bottom as it has lain empty all winter. Caravan evenings usually involve a lot of red wine but will have to be careful with WI tomorrow. Have brought the scales with me!

Weather not great and snow may be on its way! Our caravan is on the Isle of Arran, where my hubby is originally from and we just love it but you are at the mercy of the elements!

Breakfast Cheese omelette
Mid morning cereal bar 3.5 syns
Lunch Soup and roll. Sainsburys savoury popcorn 2.5 syns. Mullerlight
Tea- Chinese takeaway-good but bad! ;) Freddo 5 syns

1.5 off at weigh in so I'm happy with that. Wine was delicious last night!
Hope the birthday party was a success today Mrs Q x

Thanks Sarg. Just heading home after a very chilled-literally!- weekend at the caravan. Didn't feel planned enough with my meals because i had so much other stuff to take over as it was the first wkend of the season. At least that bit is done now and I'll be more organised with food next wkend when we go back,weather permitting!
One good thing was i took out membership of a hotel leisure club near the caravan and went for a swim and sauna this morning. I intend to make lots of use of it this season to justify the cost!
How are things with you? Hope you are able to continue your recent success!
Hope all is well with you Mrs Q. Hope the celebrations went well. X

Back