Ms R & Shrinkingannie -Twinnies Blog

Aww thank you and yes he did go with me, he's been cycling since he was 3yrs old as both his Mum & Dad were in a cycling club years ago & they used to cycle lots so he also did and carriedvit on. As a result, he has very powerful muscle bound thighs!

I think I'm starting to feel a bit wrecked before I even start my hike!! Lol. I'm nipping to ASDA soon, then putting washing out then doing packed lunches (packed shakes for me) and getting ready then we'll b off at 11am, really looking forward to it as the sun is going to shine, shine, shine.

Catch you later, be good and have a great Saturday xx

How did the hike go? Hope you are enjoying a well deserved rest.
I had a challenge today, I managed to lock me and the kids out of the house and David was away playing golf. I was really hungry and overdue a shake. I had to bring the kids to mc Donald's for lunch, and even though I don't really like mc D's I would have murdered a big mac at that moment! Anyway I coped came home and got a shake once we got into the house. I'm feeling ok now, but I really really find weekends tough, oh well weigh in tomorrow so hopefully will give me a boost. How are u getting on today?

Hey there Twinnie, bloody well done to you, I'm sooooo proud of you, you're amazing. I know what you mean about McDonalds, I can't stand the stuff but smelt it the other day at a retail park and actually thought I amy gave eaten something but then I came to my senses and realised I really didn't want it after all, was just feeling sorry for myself. I think that times like you had today are really good to have vecause they test us to the absolute limit and they show us just how strong we really are and that we can do this.

Well my hike was fab, scenery was just awesome, stopped for lunch by the waterfalls (I just had a bottle of water) and we ended up doing 5.5 miles but due to the amount of climbing we had to do, it felt more like 10 miles so I reckon quite a few calories burned off there. I have a proble. With my feet in that they are the broadest feet in the world, especially for a woman so I really struggle for shoes having to get bigger sizes than I need to give me enough room at the front but they always still hurt me. Anyway my little toes are really sore at the moment with lots of corns on them so I wore my old boots that are well worn in but my toes were killing me half way through and by the time we finished, felt like they'd been belted with a hammer. So today went shopping for new boots and found the most perfect pair that felt like slippers even with my sore feet so there will be no stopping me now, I'll be out evey weekend hiking....soooo happy.

Before we went shopping, I spent hours scrubbing my fridge, cooker, washing machine (where the powder goes in), unit tops & finished washing the floor......so much for a rest day!! Lol.

Really good luck for your weigh in tomorrow, it could be late when I log on to find out how you get on as I'm at my aunty's funeral tomorrow but I will log in at some point, cant wait to see how you do.

Have a great day tomorrow and once again, well done for today, you did amazing xx

Aww Im very sorry to hear about your aunty passing. Hope you and your family are ok.
That is brilliant you found the perfect boot. I love hill walking I plan to do it a lot once I can drag the kids, but im going to start going on my own or with a friend in the meantime. Your hike sounded lovely, your are doing amazing, and all that cleaning - you mad woman. YOu need to learn how to take it easy!! Well I have to go and do a wee report for work so take care tomorrow and chat soon. night!

I lost 4lbs I'm happy with that I'm still on track. My initial plan was lose 2 stone in 5 weeks and then another before Halloween. One more before my sons 1st b day (22nd nov but party on 24th) than review the situation. I'm dying to hear how you get on tomorow, I hope you do great you have put in a phenomenal effort this week!!

Well done Annie, that's really fantastic. Thank you for your words about my aunty, she was very ill with cancer so it's a relief to be honest for her and her family. I'm going to the funeral in an hour, going to go to the church then the crematorium but don't think I'll be going back to the drinking session, I want to get home so I can go to the gym tonight plus it would just be a pain watching everybody getting drunk around me and there's bound to be a buffett!

Yes I can't wait for my weigh in either, it's just going to be so interesting to see if the efforts I've put into my exercise actually pay off.

Have a great day, isn't it great to be buzzing after a weigh in??? Gets you through the first few days of the next week. Here's to week 5 for you tomorrow and me starting week 6 on Wednesday.

I hope your efforts pay off because if they do I'm going to join you exercising like a lunatic. I really want to refeed for my sons first birthday and I'd love to be as close to my goal as possible so that is 8 weigh ins at 5lbs per weigh in, gets me very very close. Do you think it's important to get all the way to goal, instead of planning to lose pounds afterwards, I'd imagine it's hard to lose weight after lipotrim, I'd say it's hard enough to maintain. Well anyway I'll set it as a challenge to myself and I can always review it. I'm bloody determined to be under ten stone!!

Hey you'll be my exercise twinnie too if you join me lol. I'm a little disappointed today as I didn't get to the gym tonight as I didn't get home from the funeral till 8pm and it was a very long day. Anyway, have exercised 5 out of the last 7 days so hopefully that's enough to get me a good loss tomorrow.

The funeral wentoff really well today, I have a huge family so there were loads of people there. Went back to he venue for the wake to find the smell of food everywhere and saw people with chocolate eclairs.and other cakes and individual cheesees (I adore cheese.....well used to lol), and to top it all off, it was a free bar all day & night!!!! So I had a number of soda waters and left early so I could come home and put my feet up with a hot cup of peppermint tea!

Personally, I will not come off this diet until I reach my goal, even if thatntakes me over Christmas on thiese awful shakes because I can have Christmas dinner every year when I'm slim and happy and maintaining my new body. At the end of the day, it's only food and I can still enjoy the company of my family and do presents and have fun just the same, just that I will be having shakes and I will be cooking them a huge roast dinner. I try to assimilate me being on this diet to being on a course of medication for an illness which is known as obesity. I tell myself that I cannot stop taking the medication until I'm 100% recovered. If I had an ilness such as diabetes, I wouldn't stop taking my medication because its Christmas or a birthday party or a night out etc... So I just treat is diet the same, works for me. Its not forever and deviating before I hit goal will only keep me i the vicious circle of losing, gaining, losing again so I will have failed. Just how I feel.

So one more day of week 5 for me and weigh i. Tomorrow night...yey!!!! Good luck for tomorow xx

Im glad the funeral went well, I'm a nurse so I know what you mean by it bring a relief for her and her family. You did really well on the not eating front too.

Well I don't know what I did to deserve such a strong and inspirational twin. Right that is it I'm in this till I reach my goal and so are you - hopefully not over Christmas though for either of us ;) I'll really have to up my exercise, that starts today.

Very best of luck for your weigh in later.

Aww thank you. I think it must have been fate to throw us together, I need you as much as you need me. I won't let you down and you won't let me down either!!! So glad you're going to stick this through 100% till the end goal, really helps me to keep strong too so thank you for making such a brilliant decision.

So what exercise are you going to do? I'm going to go for a very long power walk tonight. The rain is bouncing down and there isn't going to be any let up so there's only one thing for it, I need to get my waterproofs on and just go for it. My new walking boots have arrived today.....Yipeeeeeee.....so going to take them out on their maiden voyage and have a damn good hike!!

Will post my loss tonight, keep strong xx

Sorry Annie, let you down this week. A really terrible loss of only 1.5lbs for me, I couldn't believe my ears when she told me how little I'd lost. I feel absolutely gutted and really felt like throwing in the towel. Obviously my experiment was an absolute disaster so I'm not doing any exercise at all this next week to see if my weight loss improves next week. I think I'm still in shock, I got on the scales twice because I just couldn't believe it.

Anyway, I've not given in, I'm going to wollow in my misery tonighht then pick myself up tomorrow and just carry on. Thing is I know this diet works so I'd be a fool to cave in now after all this time. I will exercise again but just not for this week as I want to see if it really did have a bad effect on my loss this week.

It's just so weird because my OH said I was loking much slimmer yesterday & today and I felt a lot slimmer but obviously it was a false feeling.

Glad you had a good weigh in, at least you're not letting our team down xx

Ooooohh big hug for you. You are not letting anyone down, least of all me. You are losing fat and your heart and lungs are getting stronger, and your body loves the huge effort you are putting in. Also I bet it wasn't a false feeling I bet you look slimmer. As you say this diet works but it is not easy or straight forward. Remember in the biggest loser they get weeks where they lose like half a pound and they workout for about 6 hours a day. Curl up in a blanket tonight with a nice cuppa, then chin up tomorrow and we will battle on together. The fact of the matter is if we stick at this 100% till Christmas we will be looking slim and healthy and feeling fantastic whether we are actually at our exact goals or not.

Are you ok?

Hi Annie

Yes I'm fine thank you and thanks for all your support and kind words. I really had a good wollow last night and I felt justified in doing so but today...I'M BACK!!!! So watch out week 6!!!

I'm not going to stop my exercising because I love it and it makes me feel good and I'm really toning up because of it so I reckon that from now on, I should get back to my big losses. I also sleep much better too so that has to be a good thing. Probably because I'm totally knackered!!! lol but at least I'm getting more sleep which is good for me.

So how are you doing today my bestest twinnie friend?? Are you feeling positive because if not.....I have enough for the two of us!!!

:D:D:D:D

You are amazing and inspirational, I knew you'd bounce back but I didn't see you bouncing back with so much enthusiasm and cheer - way to go girl. I think you should continue to exercise after all it is so good for your body and you love it. I'm grand today, not ecstatic but grand, just in a kind of get on with it mindset. I did go for a walk this morning and I'll do some toning exercises tonight. On we go misses!!!!

Hey twinnie, howz your day gone? I've cheered myself up tonight by buying myself a new coat for the winter. Now you may think this. Bit mad but I bought a size 12 even thou I'm not quite in a size 14 yet...but...I know from past experience on is diet that I will be wearing that new coat in the next 6 weeks :)

I also didn.t go swimming tonight because first if all I was feeling tired but also because I found a thread avout exercise on this diet dating back to 2009 which I'm going to post but basically it claims that exercise on this diet cN slow down your weight liss because your body goes into starvation mode. I reckon thats what happened to me this week, it can be the only explanation. I will start exercising more when I've got a couple more stone off me because I do love exercising. I am however still going to go walking with my family at weekends because its something really good we do as a family.

So waiting to have my last shake after just cooking steak, mushrooms in butter & crispy cubed potatoes for my OH & my son. I didn't feel left out because they oth have their steak cremated which totally puts me off as I like mine medium rare! Lol.

So hope you've picked up a bit more, you're doing so great, we will be slim jims and I'm so looking forward to that. I'm just watching the Food Hospital as I like to learn all about good healthy foods.

Have a good night xx

Ooooohhhh lovely new coat, and no I don't think you are mad I think it was a fab idea. I'm forever buying smaller sizes in jeans and that was before I was on a diet that works so I have 3 (new) size 14's and 1 size 12. I don't tend to buy tops or costs because I have a big chest so I always need to try on coats and tops as I might need bigger sizes even if I'm a size 10/12 bottom. I'd love a breast reduction too but one step at a time eh.
That is really interesting about the starvation mode, I guess walking, water, shakes and tea is all we need. I lift weights sometimes because someone said on here it helps maintain lean muscle which makes maintaining easier, I might try and do that a but more but not too much.

I love steak, I'll have mine medium please, with a large glass of red. I made homemade tomati pasta sauce simmered for three hours, oh well not too much longer before we can indulge (in moderation)
I forgot about the food hospital, I'll watch it on plus one. We tend to eat healthy in this house, my husband is big into healthy eating, my secretly eating loads of chocolate was my problem. So im not worried about healthy meals, I just need to be strong when it comes to comfort eating!
Have a lovely evening!!

What station is that on sounds interesting

al30 said:
What station is that on sounds interesting

Channel 4 :) it was quite interesting, it's about using food to treat health problems.

Hi Annie, how you doing today?? I'm finding my thread on exercise on LT - my experiment interesting. Another lady has reported a +2lb weight gain despite being 100% and said she thinks it could be because she went the gym 3 times, has a cold and TOTM so her body is obviously struggling to cope with all that is happening to her on such very low calories so probably sent her into starvation mode too. It will be so intersting to see how I get on next Tuesday after a week of non-exercise. If I lose a lot then I'm laying off the exercise apart from the odd walk with my famiy at weekends until I'm near the end of my journey then I'll continue to exercise to tone up. I also thought it intersting that I felt really hungry all last week, must have been my body trying to get me to eat because it thought I was dying of starvation!!!

So I'm still being positive today and indeed I'm wearing another pair of trousers for work I've not been able to get past the top of my thighs in over a year so very happy. People commenting today also that they can really see how much weight I've lost now. It all really helps with the motivation. I just hope that come Tuesday, I will be in the 13stones bracket which I've not been in for a couple of years now!

I just had my first shake of the day, not looking forward to the other 2 lol, I can't stand the taste!!! I may also not go dancing tonight and give myself a complete rest from all activities just for this week.

Back