Ms Shibt's Time to Try a Little Harder

Lasagne looks nice! X

Thanks Rochelle.

Wow I missed this today! Glad OH is home and discharged! Must have been scary for you!
Was he choking then?
Where do your family live? Have you moved for work?
Don't worry about the food you'll claw it back!' Xx

I think its more my anxiety that plays havoc with me than the situation, I was more calm on the phone to the operator than anything. He wasn't choking but every time he swallowed he was being sick and he was starting to find it hard to breathe starting to pant. He ate 2 coconuts the other day as I bought them for the slimmer of the week good bag then looked at my book finding out it wasn't free so kept them and gave some apples in stead. It looks like as he was sick the coconut scratched his throat and then being sick then made the the scratches worse.

I'm originally from Ipswich but I met my lovely OH online and he already has children so I moved up so he didn't miss out on seeing them grow up. I didn't want to be the person to deny him that, I love it up here but when sh*t hits the fan that's when I struggle but we always end up okay!

Monday-Breakfast.gif

Food
25g Choco Snaps - 5 Syns
100ml Semi Skimmed Milk - HEXA
Satsuma​
Drinks
500ml Squash​
Syn Total: 5

Didn't manage to get to Mum's on the Move this morning as I will through the night as well as looking after little man who woke up screaming in the nice and the cat who managed to find a chicken bone some how and chew the end off it giving me heart failure.

My pork has been brought up to room temperature and I'm about to season it and pop it in the oven for its 6 hour sauna session. I used all of my salad last night so I do need to venture out.

I have my recipe for Chicken and Mushroom pie to post this afternoon as well as setting my goals for next week. It seems I completely misunderstood the Bronze Award, I thought it was 45 minutes a day for 3 days in the week, not 45 minutes over 3 days. That should be easy enough, I walk everywhere!

Other plans for the day include making apple and chilli chutney and some animal shapes from LO's pj's as they are so cute I'm sure it'll make lovely gift wrap. I could sit in front of Photoshop all day if had the chance.

Just popping over to say hello after all your lovely support on my diary.

I'm going to go and read your now. (61 PAGES!? *faints* ;))

Haha thanks! Its full of all kinds of ramblings, if I don't write it I would probably explode! It's kind of therapeutic. ;)

All discharged, sat next to me on the sofa comatose from not sleeping all night. Glad he's home even if he's not with it.

Managed to roast my chicken and some potatoes but couldn't be bothered with the rest after today, even carved the chicken removed all the skin and sat there staring at the pile of it thinking how lovely and tasty it was, then picked it all up and put it in the foil with the carcass and threw it in the bin. All of it. Feel quite good about it.

Sunday-Dinner.gif
Food
Roast Chicken Leg and Wing Shredded (Skin Removed)
SW Roast Potatoes
Salad - Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spring onion, celery & carrot
4x Seafood Sticks​
Drinks
2x 500ml Squash​
Syn Total: 0
The Days Syns: 0/20

My food has been really messed up today, so I just need to knuckle down and stick at. More veg and fruit needed.
I am so glad he is home, you know what if that was me during all the stress I know for a fact I would have probably eat my way through it. I think its great that you stuck to the plan the best you could. I hope you and Oh are feeling better today xx

Thanks Ruthie, feeling better this afternoon. I was tempted to raid the fridge but I just thought I'd regret it and beat myself up so the best thing I could do was to not do it. I really am that determined, I think if I don't see a similar amount off this week I'll be a little sad but some loss is better than no loss.

Your so right, any loss is better than none at all, but it can be disheartening when you have put in so much effort and you don't see it on the scales. When is your WI day?

Wednesday! I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Monday-Lunch.gif

Food
Lasagne​
Drinks
2x 500ml Squash​

Monday-Dinner.gif

Food
60g Wholemeal Roll - HEXB
Pulled Pork (Fat Removed)
Sweet Potato Wedges
25g Popcorn with half a chopped caramel nut bar and coated in 4 squares of white chocolate - 15 Syns (So tasty)
Sliced up Apple and Pear
Small Orange​
Drinks
2x 500ml Squash​
Syn Total: 16

The Days Syns: 20/20

The perfect feast for Bonfire Night, I hope everyone has a good one and stays safe and warm.

Last edited:
Tuesday-Breakfast.gif

Food
2 Slices of Wholemeal Hovis Small Loaf - HEXB
1 Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese - 1/3 HEXA
Apple, Pear & Orange Sliced​
Drinks
150ml Fybogel
500ml Squash​

Tuesday-Lunch.gif

Food
Plain Couscous
Hard Boiled Egg
Roast Chicken (Skin Removed)
Salad (Lettuce, Spring Onion, Tomato, Cucumber & Carrot)​
Drinks
2x 500ml Squash​

Planning on using the rest of my gammon from the other day on a Carbonara tonight with some Quark, never used it before so going to give it a bash. Started taking fybogel last night as there is something not quite right with my tummy hopefully that will clear it out for me. Might for for a bit of a walk to pick up some mushrooms for the Carbonara, also planning to make mac and cheese with the rest of the quark and the nume cheese I have left - I've not had one in so long with mushrooms, bacon and cherry tomatoes. Mind you I do tend to go a bit overboard and make loads!!

I had a sneaky stand on the scales this morning, considering last week it said I'd STS this week it said I've lost 8 1/2lb? Fickle, fickle scales how you taunt me! I reckon another 4lb which would also give me my half stone would be nice, but hey like I always say some loss is better than none. Had a lovely lie in the last few mornings until 8:30-9 but that won't be the case tomorrow, up nice and early for a stomp before the WI.

The chocolate I bought yesterday for the popcorn has now been labelled with syn values and is sitting in my fridge. Might post my recipe for my Moroccan one pot today, it has to be my favourite one so far (even though I'm partial to a good Chicken & Mushroom pie). Have a lovely recipe for a Key Lime pie as well now which I'd probably make crustless to save the £££, my OH half eats all the Alpen light bars so I don't get to see them and they are really expensive (compared to a loaf of hovis which is like 80p).

I'm having gammon for my dinner this evening and I stupidly froze two steaks together so now I'm racking my brains how to use the second one up tomorrow. Pah!

I also did a sneaky look at the scales - Why, WHY do I always do that the day before WI?

tsk - forgot to say that quark is FAB stuff.

Hi there how is things with you today, I hope OH is well on his way to recovery. The Carbonara and the mac and cheese sounds lovely, I might have to steal the recipe from you. I had to give me scales away and I get visitation rights once a week because I would be on them every day for sneaky weigh Ins. I cant wait to hear the official WI result tomorrow, good luck and have a great day.

I'm having gammon for my dinner this evening and I stupidly froze two steaks together so now I'm racking my brains how to use the second one up tomorrow. Pah!

I also did a sneaky look at the scales - Why, WHY do I always do that the day before WI?

tsk - forgot to say that quark is FAB stuff.

My OH could eat gammon like there is no tomorrow but I find it a bit too much, I'm surprised he didn't eat it but I think he now has the approach of *Open Fridge* "Hmm that looks like a Laura leftover, I should leave it for her." *Closes fridge and walks away*. I can't wait to try the carbonara! Not sure what to have with it Super Free wise ...

Hi there how is things with you today, I hope OH is well on his way to recovery. The Carbonara and the mac and cheese sounds lovely, I might have to steal the recipe from you. I had to give me scales away and I get visitation rights once a week because I would be on them every day for sneaky weigh Ins. I cant wait to hear the official WI result tomorrow, good luck and have a great day.

Thanks Ruthie, he's doing well, managed to scoff down dinner no problem but did pass up on the popcorn in case of furthering his injury.

I'm going to follow the SW recipe for the carbonara and the mac & cheese is a mystery at the moment ...

I think I'm so self conscious of not losing when I'm putting in so much hard work, I feel so full of energy I was thinking of asking OH's DD if I could borrow her wii to do some zumba or wii fit on top of my walking. I've got a few pairs of size 22 TU jeans I really want to fit into. I think I have 3 pairs, the day they fit I will dance around the flat with my LO :stickdance:

Oh I must have a week look at the link, mac and cheese sounds like great comfort food for this time of year.

Tuesday-Dinner.gif

Food
Spaghetti Carbonara - Free Recipe to follow
Salad - Lettuce, tomato & spring onion
Pulled Pork Roll - 6 Syns for 60g Wholemeal Roll
4x Seafood Sticks
Apple, Pear, Orange & Natural Yogurt​
Drinks
2x 500ml Squash
150ml Fybogel​
Syn Total: 6

The Days Syns: 6/20

An indoor day, no exercise today I'm sure I can make up for that tomorrow morning before group. I've managed to get a couple of workout DVDs Davina's stuff and a Pilates, something to keep me going when I'm not out and about. Did have a bit of a bounce around the house to some dancey stuff with LO laughing at me, not bothered about it in my own company.

Dinner was lovely, not as saucy as I'd hoped so I would probably add more quark, starchy pasta water instead of vegetable stock and crushed the garlic instead of finely chopped. Adding some peas, broad beans or mushrooms probably would have been good too but my kitchen was lacking all three of those things.

Ms SHIbT's Pasta Carbonara
Serves 2 (Syn Free)

Method
  1. Cook Pasta according to instructions.
  2. Using frylight cook the bacon after a few minutes add the garlic.
  3. Whilst the bacon cooks, combine quark and yolk, seasoning to taste and set aside.
  4. Add stock to the bacon, allow to simmer and reduce by half.
  5. Add the cooked and drained pasta to the bacon and stir through.
  6. Add the quark mixture and combine until warm, then serve straight away.
Ingredients
400g Pasta
6 Rashers of Trimmed Smoked Back Bacon
120g Quark
200ml Vegetable Stock
1 Clove of Garlic Finely Chopped
2 Egg Yolks
By Ms SHIbT

Like I said I'd probably make a few changes but all in all it was pretty darn good for a first attempt. I'd probably use quark for my Mac & Cheese too but add a little milk and the NuMe cheese.

First of all!
Wahoo.gif

5 1/2 off giving me my first half stone off and Slimmer of the Week!

Wednesday-Breakfast.gif

Food
Apple & 2 Pears Sliced
Fat Free Natural Yogurt​
Drinks
250ml Water
150ml Fybogel​

Wednesday-Lunch.gif

Food
2 Slices of Wholemeal Hovis Small Loaf -HEXB
Pulled Pork
2 Oranges​
Drinks
500ml Diet Cola
500ml Water​

Over the moon! Even went for a celebratory stomp for a couple of miles. Little man has been really tetchy today, had a grump at the end of group and is still grumping now. Won't eat his lunch so going to try him on some milk then a bit of banana.

Not sure if I should stick my certificates in the kitchen by the fridge? It seems I am the kitchen wizard in my group, not many of them use the online facebook support - I'll soon change that.

OH wants a mixed grill tonight so I went and got some steak, pork and lamb for him. I might just have a a pork steak with the fat removed, I know meat is free but one of my weaknesses is portion control I can't stop when I'm full I just have to eat it. I'd rather have a slightly smaller portion and then snack on a bit of fruit of veg, leaving me another meal later on.

Time to go and feed small fry - HOORAY!

WOHOOO congratulations :party0019::party0019: its so well deserved you must be so chuffed. Aww I hope the little man is feeling better, did you manage to get him to eat anything? I know what you mean about portion control, I am hoping that I can get this sorted myself. If I was you I would put your certificates wherever you will see them often, like you said the fridge is a great place, they will show you how much you have achieved.
Thanks for posting the recipe I will be giving it a try soon. Well once again well done and have a lovely evening xx

Wow well done!!! That's brilliant your doing sooo well :)
I used to put my certificates on the fridge so I could see them and it helped me!!
My son starts pre school tomorro so I have 3 hours everyday with just my 11 week old to entertain but I'm goin to go for long walks with the pram and even get back into the gym :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ruthie - I think it's those dreaded teeth causing havoc. Its been ongoing for the last too months but today was a bad day for him. Managed to get him to eat the corner of a Rusk and half a bottle of milk, didn't manage to give him the banana so I ate it!

Mummyof2boys29 - I think at 11 weeks I was looking at my little man like he was an alien (still) and wondering what the he'll to do with him! Newcastle just isn't the same as the capital.

Moving onto fooooood. No fancy stuff this evening as I'm posting from my phone after a mentally wobbly few hours (cold turkey off anti depressants isn't fun)

Dinner
Pork steak seared fat removed
Lamb steak seared fat removed
SW roasties
Red cabbage
Swede
Morrisons caramel nut bar 10 syns
25g white choc 7 syns (it was that bad it involved choc and tissues)
500ml diet cola
150ml fybogel
250ml semi skimmed milk hexa
Syns 17
Day total 17

Had a chat with my mum on the phone feel Much better now, it's just so hard to pull myself round some days especially when you can only think of one reason and itsnthe biggest most gorgeous reason in the world.

Oh bless you! Why are you coming off them cold turkey?
Did you put weight on when on them??
You have the biggest reason and most gorgeous reason to be happy and feel worthwhile your that little mans everything and that's the best feeling ever :) I know sometime it's hard to see though.
I love how much my 3 year old loves me! He tells me all the time and his cuddles melt my heart.

He was funny today I was in the kitchen washing up and he came in and said oh mummy I missed you!! I says I'm only here washing up and he said yes I know but I missed you. Too cute :)

Well hope your feeling ok now hun xx you sound like u have a lovely partner too!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back