Ms Shibt's Time to Try a Little Harder

Mummyof1boys29 - I've been trying to wean off them but it seems I always hit a rough patch, now I am completely without until Saturday when I start something new. I had to change because I wasn't sleeping properly, they had helped enough to see a bit of a change but I still don't feel write - it might be due to the fact I just want to feel 'normal' and not have it staring me in the face everyday.

I love my LO so much I think its more the fact I think they're much better off without me, but like I say I work through it. I have lifelines to know who to talk to etc. it just takes time to pull myself round.

Sally - Thank you!!

ThursdayBreakfast.gif

Food
25g Choco Snaps - 5 Syns
100ml Semi Skimmed Milk - HEXA
Satsuma​
Drinks
500ml Water
150ml Fybogel​
Syn Total: 5

Off to meet the In-Laws for a drink in Starbucks this morning, I will be walking to town which is a couple of miles at least and would normally take me about an hour. Not sure if I would be considered crazy if I took my little flask of milk with me so I know I'm not going over my HEXA allowance, I'll only be drinking tea as I'm not fond of coffee without all the extras and I know the syns are fairly high.

On a side note, I wouldn't be me without having image headers and pictures in my diary. I love graphic design and making things pretty, if HTML was enables I'd have backgrounds and all sorts. Just so you know ;)

The teething can be tough for the poor wee mites, I hope he is a little more comfortable today. Sending you big hugs hun, I hope the new meds you get on Saturday work better for you, trust me I have been down this road and thankfully came out the other side. Make sure you make good use of your lifelines hun xxx. Hope you enjoyed your walk into town and your nice cuppa to warm you up.

My goodness I could barely move after yesterdays walk into town let alone turn on a computer. I did start to write up a reply but I'm not sure what happened to it! Managed to email my days food to myself so I didn't forget.

The teething can be tough for the poor wee mites, I hope he is a little more comfortable today. Sending you big hugs hun, I hope the new meds you get on Saturday work better for you, trust me I have been down this road and thankfully came out the other side. Make sure you make good use of your lifelines hun xxx. Hope you enjoyed your walk into town and your nice cuppa to warm you up.

He was doing a little better, still didn't take full bottles but it was better than not taking any at all. He managed a good inch of banana and a corner of rusk with Cookie (Nanna) so I'm happy with that, even if it meant stopping in the middle of the street to give him a bottle. He seems to be eating his other meals okay so maybe because he's eating more he's not as interested in his bottles? Who knows but he seems better already this morning.

Well Done Laura, that is an amazing loss and well deserved. xxx

Thank you, you and Tom have inspired me to take action. I'll have to cut out those lovely yorkshire puddings now or Syn them at 4 each - will have to see how I get on Sunday ;) Glad you managed to find me and my long diary!

Thursday-Lunch.gif

Food
Half a Banana
Satsuma
Pulled Pork Sandwich - HEXB​
Drinks
2x Tall Starbucks Teas with Sweetener (Supplied my own milk from a pot) - HEXA
500ml Diet Cola​
Syn Total: 0

Thurday-Dinner.gif

Food
Homemade Moroccan One Pot - 3.5 Syns (Dried cherries and brown sugar as we ran out of sweetener) - Will really post the recipe foor this later HONEST!
Couscous - 1 Syn dried cherries
Natural fat free yogurt
Morrisons nutty caramel and peanut bar - 10 Syns
2 Satsumas​
Drinks
Mouthful of Diet /cola​
Syn Total: 14 1/2

The Days Syns: 19 1/2 /20

Thats all of those 10 syn bars gone so my syns shouldn't be so high for the rest of the week. Mac & Cheese for dinner, OH isn't keen on Quark but that's what I'm using. I'll just have to be generous with my reduced fat cheese. Didn't do a good job with drinking yesterday so need to buck up my ideas. Getting a phone call about returning to work in January, need to be big and brave - no crying even if I dont want to go back to work, I have to for now.

Walked over 3 miles into town in under an hour, was so impressed. Suffered a little last night with an achey hip and have a bit of a red mark on the inside of my leg from chaffing but I'm hoping that as I keep going the pain will reduce while I lose.

Sorry if there are random letters and caps throughout as young man has been bashing the keyboard.

Last edited:
Friday-Breakfast.gif

Food
Sliced Banana
Fat Free Natural Yogurt
2 Oranges​
Drinks
500ml Water
150ml Fybogel​

Feeling fab this morning, going for a walk later to pick up some extra bits. Posted my Moroccan One Pot HERE, hopefully if you try it you will love it too! I've been looking up recipes for Mac & Cheese a normal white sauce style recipe using my HEXA and half my HEXB would still work out at 10 syns so I'll be giving that a miss, also been reading that when people have been cooking it with Quark its been splitting when cooked. I was thinking of baking it low and slow to stop it from happening as I don't want to kill OH's favourite comfort food for him with nasty curdled lumps.

On a slightly different note I think later on in the week I will try on some of those jeans I've got and see how I'm doing.

I am glad you are feeling great today, your Moroccan one pot looks so yummy, that's another recipe I am going to have to try :D. Good luck with the jeans I have three pairs that I have at the moment, one that I wear but believe it or not they have become quite loose this week, I must have been very bloated, the second pair are size down which do up but there is too much off a muffin top to wear them just yet and finally the third pair which do not do up at all, I am looking forward to getting those on me. I cant believe its Friday again, have you any plans for the weekend?

Well done on your jeans, I've not even looked at mine yet I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Muffin Tops! My enemy, mine are more like exploding volcano bits (hideous).

My weekend is planned - Saturday NOTHING! Sunday super tasty lunch at Cookie Nanna's with all the childrens. Sounds hectic but its great fun (I wonder how many of Disney's Cars I will end up drawing).

Friday-Lunch.gif

Food
Salad - Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Spring Onion and Carrot
Couscous with 12.5g Dried Cherries - 2 Syns
Banana (Partly chew on by a baby)​
Drinks
500ml Water​
Syn Total: 2

Friday-Dinner.gif

Food
A but load of Macaroni & Cheese (2 Slices of Hovis Wholemeal HEXB, Semi Skimmed Milk & NuMe Reduced Fat Cheese HEXA + Extra 2 1/5 Syns, Tomatoes, Mushrooms and sliced pork steak fat removed) - 2 1/2 Syns
2x Pear
Mullerlight Peach & Pineapple​
Drinks
Mouthful of Diet Cola
Alcafe Hot Chocolate Light - 2 Syns​
Syn Total: 4 1/2

The Days Syns: 6 1/2 /20

Another day with not enough water, I feel like an emotional train wreck with everything that's being said at least I'm not eating bad stuff such as chocolate. Might have a Aldi 2 Syn Hot Chocolate to try and help my brain calm down. The wonders of the Slimmer of the Week bag.

Urgh just realised have my post didn't copy across. Perhaps my brain is leaking out of my ears.

Last edited:
Hey there hun, how you doing today? Enjoy your lunch, I cant wait to hear all about it x

A few days off and I'm still feeling a bit shakey, first day on my own again and day 3 of my Sertraline. Pretty much hit the bottom on Saturday, had to leave Tom with a bag of meds and LO whilst I went for a walk to clear my head. Ended up crying my eyes out on the phone to my mum. Some of the ladies from my SW group have added me on Facebook, its nice to start getting to know some people in the area after ... 4 years?

I was supposed to go to Mums on the Move again today but I just couldn't bring myself to get up especially when I have to go for a long walk later. LO weigh in and then a walk up to work to talk about coming back in the New Year.

Though I've had a crap time I've still stuck to the plan!

Saturday-Breakfast.gif

Food
Bacon roll with chutney - Fat Removed, HEXB, 1/2 Syn for Chutney
Banana​
Drinks
500ml Water​
Syn Total: 1/2

Saturday-Lunch.gif

Food
200g Cherry Tomatoes (Half a punnet)
Mullerlight
Apple​
Drinks
2x 200ml Options Belgian Hot Chocolates - 4 Syns​
Syn Total: 4

Saturday-Dinner.gif

Food
SW Roasties
Moroccan One Pot Leftovers - 3 1/2 Syns
Mixed berries
Fat Free Natual Yogurt​
Drinks
500ml Water​
Syn Total: 3 1/2

The Days Syns: 8/20

This was my bottom day, no HEXA and no where near enough fluids.

Sunday-Breakfast.gif

Food
Half a banana
2x plums
Banana​
Drinks
2x 250ml Water​

Sunday-Lunch.gif

Food
Broadbeans
Carrots
Parsnips
Cabbage
Butterbeans
Roasties
Chicken skin removed
Yorkshire Pudding - 4 Syns
Ladle of gravy with meat juice 5 syns
2x Meringue nests - 6 syns
Fat free fromage frais
Pineapple melon grapes​
Drinks
2x 250ml Water​
Syn Total: 15

Sunday-Dinner.gif

Food
Mullerlight
Nectarine
Pear
1 Slice Hovis Wholemeal Small Loaf - HEXB
Laughing Cow Light Blue - HEXA
Melon​
Drinks

The Days Syns: 19/20

Slightly better just about 1.5ltr still not everything but much better. Didn't have my whole HEXA or B but I just didn't fancy it, could have drunk milk but didn't.

Monday-Breakfast.gif

Food
Banana
Pear
Nectarine
Satsuma​
Drinks
500ml Water​

Feeling tired but little man has been kind to me by letting me lay in after feeding him so I've just got to pull myself together and pull myself out of this rut.

Sorry to hear your having a hard time at the moment! Hope it passes quickly!! Sounds like your doing well tho on plan!

That's nice they've added you will be good to make some new friends :)

What day is your weigh in? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry to hear your having a hard time at the moment! Hope it passes quickly!! Sounds like your doing well tho on plan!

That's nice they've added you will be good to make some new friends :)

What day is your weigh in? Xx

Wednesday morning is WI day! Feeling hopeful, fingers crossed for 4 off but any is good.

Monday-Lunch.gif

Food
Chinese Mugshot (Free)
Carrot Sticks
Mullerlight
2 Satsuma​
Drinks
500ml Water​

Monday-Dinner.gif

Food
2 Slices of Hovis Wholemeal Small Loaf - HEXB
2 Laughing Cow Light Blue - HEXA
Steak (Fat Removed)
SW Roasties
Mixed Veg​
Drinks
500ml Water

The Days Syns: 4/20

Better day for water and my HEX's, still feel a bit crappy but not as bad as I was hopefully in the next few days I'll start looking around other diaries when my heads sorted. I have a review with the Doctor on Friday so hopefully things will be sorted by then, still getting massive bruises from the slightest knocks and I'm not Anaemic. Still just wanting to sleep all day but that's the way it goes!

Tuesday-Breakfast.gif

Food
35g Porridge Oats (Made with Water) - HEXB
Fat Free Natural Yogurt
Banana​
Drinks
2x 200ml Options Belgian Hot Chocolate - 4 Syns​

Tuesday-Lunch.gif

Food
4 Roast Chicken Portions (Skin Removed)
Banana
Curly Wurly - 6 Syns​
Drinks
500ml Water​
Syn Total: 6

Not feeling so confident about my WI now, might be because of my frame of mind or perhaps I don't feel I've walked as much. I feel tired all the time, caffeine is still barred and my OH drinks caffeine drinks like they are water.

Baby massage this afternoon, that was a chaos of 5 babies only 2 got to do the massage as the others were being fed or crying. My LO was included in the crying and feeding, he's usually so good but I think the other babies crying set him off. Oh well.

Sending hugs, I hope you are feeling a little better this evening. maybe once you get to know the people from group and on facebook, you could all meet for coffee or something, just something for you to do hun, a little time for yourself. Good luck for your WI tomorrow, I will check in and see how things are xx

I have to say I'm really gutted, no loss put on a pound. I could have cried as I got off those scales, feel like I want to shave off the rest of my hair to see if that helps! Feeling a bit deflated so I'm just going to post the basics today until I get my head on properly. OH approved the buying of Scan Bran so I will be doing the Scan Bran challenge, any hints and tips are welcome.

Walked 4 miles so far today, I will lose that 5lb to get my stone award! I need to keep on top of my water and my HEX's.

Tuesday Dinner
Plain Boiled Rice
Homemade Stirfry - Red Cabbage, Carrot & Onion
Pan Seared Salmon
Homemade Stirfry Sauce - Light Soy, Dark Soy, Chinese Vinegar, Star Anise, Fennel Seeds, Ginger, Chilli, Clove & Black Pepper
Pear
Nectarine
Mullerlight
200ml Options Belgian Hot Chocolate - 2 Syns
Syn Total: 2
Syns for the Day: 12

Wednesday Breakfast
Banana
Nectarine
Melon
Fat Free Natural Yogurt
200ml Options Belgian Hot Chocolate - 2 Syns

Wednesday Lunch
Banana
3 Scan Bran - HEXB
2 Tbsp Quark
1 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup - 1 Syn
Cucumber
Tuna
2x Orange

Last edited:
I am sorry hun, I hope you are feeling OK its so disappointing when the WI does not go your way. I have never done the scan bran challenge so I cant be of any help but I am interested to see how it goes for you. Well done on the 4 mile walk, keep that up and you will get that stone award soon xx

Dinner
Smokey sausage and bean stew (onion, carrots, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, red pepper, green lentils, chipotle Tabasco, smoked paprika, mustard powder, thyme & nume 50% less fat sausages 4 syns) - 4 syns
Mashed potato with laughing cow light blue and semi skimmed milk - Hexa
Apple & melon fruit salad
Fat free natural yogurt
2 crushed scan bran - hexb

7 syns for the day.

I now have a 2 litre Evian bottle which I will fill up everyday hopefully that will help with the weight loss.

Thanks Ruthie, I guess it's because I didn't even buckle when I was on the bottom. Oh well it'll come off at some point, I'll work my butt off this week - Davina bring it on.

Gutted for you Msshibt you have worked really hard. Dont let it get you down the week ahead will be good to you, Good luck

I've just caught up with your diary and I'm sorry to hear you've been so down - and I'm sorry about your disappointment at WI.

I bought some scan bran today from H&B - I'm a bit scared of it. I can feel it looking at me from my handbag. I've made a proper commitment to get 2lbs off this week - wqe can totally do this!

Gutted for you Msshibt you have worked really hard. Dont let it get you down the week ahead will be good to you, Good luck

I'm more determined now, day two of the challenge complete!

I've just caught up with your diary and I'm sorry to hear you've been so down - and I'm sorry about your disappointment at WI.

I bought some scan bran today from H&B - I'm a bit scared of it. I can feel it looking at me from my handbag. I've made a proper commitment to get 2lbs off this week - wqe can totally do this!

It looks like MDF! One side coarse the other smooth, it doesn't have much taste so I've crumbled it and put it in yogurt and then used it with my soup I made this afternoon.

Breakfast
2 Scan Bran - HEXB
Apple
Banana
Fat Free Natural Yogurt
200ml Options Hot Chocolate - 2 Syns

Snack
Orange
1 Scan Bran - HEXB
Quark
Banana
Farley's Rusk (partially baby gnawed) - 3½ Syns

Lunch
2 Scan Bran - HEXB
2 Laughing Cow Light Blue - HEXA
Ham & Pea Soup (Peas, Split Peas, Onion, Carrot, Home cooked Ham (no fat) & stock) - Free

I've not decided what I want for dinner OH had some of the soup and he keeps talking about burgers ...

Last edited:
Haha! MDF. I've been looking at recipes - I think I'm going to make a cake at the weekend rather than just gnawing away at it. :-D

Back