MsRSimpkin's Inductions Diary

Welcome back! I think most if us here have fallen off and restarted diets at some point. Do you think restricting yourself to meat and eggs might have caused it? Last time I did a good stint on Atkins I fell off because I tried various extra restrictions to try and lose faster and ultimately it was too much for me. Fell off for about a year!

I would second that lots of leafy greens make me really like this way of eating;)

Hi guys. I did the meat and egg fast for about 3 days and then started again as normal. Which lasted a few more weeks, before falling off the wagon. So I don't think it was that.

Either way, I'm back now and enjoying plenty of those greens. Can't get enough of that cabbage!! Yum!

Last edited:
Good girl - go the cabbage - and add a few leaves of spinach or bok/pak choy to your lunch or dinner - they work wonders and are full of vits :)

Yeah, I usually have a bit of spinach in my salad, and rocket (yum!). I used to sautee it with garlic, but I find I've gotten a bit sick of that! I much prefer it raw. In fact, that seems to be the case with a lot of veg. I LOVE raw broccoli stalk! That used to be my "treat" as a kid whenever my mum was chopping broccoli.

Random note: I tried the kale crisps the other day and I don't know if I did them wrong but thy tasted AWFUL! I read a lot of people praising them because they don't taste like kale and ate far yummier. Personally, mine taste WORSE than regular kale! So bitter and unpleasant! Anyone else tried them?

Last edited:
not heard of them before i would like to try making crisps from more types of veg, lidl sell a pack of veggie crisps which are too high i think in carbs as there are probably lots of no no veggies in there, anyone tried making any and have any ideas?

Busy day today, going to be out for most of the day, so I've packed myself some lunch. I'm actually prepared for a change! Haha

image-1083276579.jpg

Also took a couple of boiled eggs in another box.

I was wondering about veggie crisps myself the other day too. I wonder if celeriac would work? Or savoy cabbage? I LOVE me some cabbage!! Hehe

Last edited:
Hi, I have just seen your diary, welcome back to atkins, your food pictures look lovely, menus sound great. Good luck with your journey

Thanks hun, you too! <3

Today so far:
Breakfast
5 rashers of streaky bacon (normally have back bacon, but trying to get more fat into my diet)

Lunch
Grilled chicken, 4 cherry tomatoes & 40g cheddar

No idea what dinner will be yet. Got a nice fat steak waiting for me in the fridge, so maybe a steak salad.

Any ideas how to get more fats into my day? Induction-friendly of course. I know a lot of people use coconut oil, but I haven't managed to find any yet. I try and use butter on my veggies and for cooking when I can, but my ratios are still off.

I had some egg butter last night for supper, in attempts to add more fat, which was... palatable, but not something I could eat often and still didn't bump it up enough.

EDIT: For Dinner I had pork loin steaks and fried eggs. So yummy! And half a pack of pork crunch.

Last edited:
Hi, it is difficult when you start atkins to get the fats up, most of us started with a fat phobia. You can usually get coconut oil in health food shops. I sometimes have cheese with a dollop of mayo on it as a snack, also I add cream to everything if my fats are low. I don't really like fatty meat or cooking in a lot of butter or oil. Once you get used to eating fat your ratio will go up easily, my fats are rarely too low now.

Coconut oil - buy it online, you get it much cheaper. There's a lot of debate about extra virgin being better for you - so i use that for cooking, and the health benefits are huge!

For chocolate bark though, I just use normal coconut oil from Spices of India - cheap as chips. Plan to slap it all over my hair this weekend too, as well as internal consumption :D

Oh, LadyF, I never thought to check online, good idea. Do you know of any good, reliable site to buy it from?

Sammy, I actually like the fat on meat, as long as it's nice and crispy. Yum! I will try adding a bit more cream into my diet, but last time I had to cut back on that and cheese because I noticed it was slowing my weight loss down. A couple extra tablespoons probably won't hurt though.

Todays menu was:

Breakfast
2 Scrambled Eggs
3 Rashers Bacon

Lunch
Subway Salad
w/ Double Chicken

I think for dinner I might have burgers wrapped in lettuce again, that was yummy!

Hi ms S - I buy my coconut oil - coconoil - from amazon. I think Susie gets hers from a site called spices of India?

i got mine in holland & barratt i was in shock the other day when i went in to see what offers were on, i paid 7.00 for mine and its now 14.00 i didn't realise it when i got mine it was on offer i thought it was extortionate enough at 7 lol

I read somewhere earlier that Holland & Barrett sell it so was thinking of getting it from there, but ooh, £14 is a bit steep! Ouch! Looks like I'll be ordering it online when I can spare a bit of money (don't get paid until next week).

I'm having trouble sleeping recently. Went to bed at 11PM last night, but didn't manage to fall asleep until around 1AM. And then woke up at 4.30 and couldn't get back to sleep, so got up about 5.30.
Managed to keep myself busy until about 8.30 and then had some breakfast (which was so so yummy!) and then went for a nap around 10 and didn't wake up until about 40 mins ago! Oops! Why does my body only want to sleep when I don't want it to? Haha.

Breakfast
2 bacon chops
150g tinned tomatoes
50g cheese
2 scramble eggs
2T double cream

God knows what I'll be eating for dinner. Oddly enough, I'm not hungry at all, considering how long it's been since I last ate.

Eek - sounds like you need some sunshine to reset that body clock- now where can we find some! :)

Normally I'm not much of a sunshine girl, I much prefer the snow and ice cold mornings of winter, but you may be right! Of course? It's also TOTM, which doesn't help :(

Made some oopsies last night, just to experiment, and going to try them for breakfast with some bacon and cheese. I have to be honest, the smell of them cooking was a little off-putting, kind like scrambled eggs. But, I said I was gonna try them, and try them I will.

Okay, I tried the oopsies and just as I expected, they're really not for me. I can't get past the egginess of them. I halved the mixture and tried some with flax and some with almond flour, and both were pretty gross. The almond ones were more palatable, but still not something I'd make again.

I've been reading up about the JUDDD diet and am very intrigued. I was going to try and stick with Atkins for a while longer, and then give JUDDD a try. I love Atkins, it's the only diet I've ever tried where I don't really feel deprived, but I'm just so interested to try JUDDD that I'm going to give it a shot. I was going to try and incorporate it into Atkins, but I'm not sure if I'd manage to keep them both going at the same time. So, I'm taking a break from Atkins for a while. I've no doubt that I'll be back.

The only down side to Atkins is that you really do need to weigh yourself, especially when continuing into the next phase, but honestly, I'm not the kind of person to weigh myself religiously. In fact, I haven't weighed myself once since I started (or even before!). I guess I just had faith that I know it works on induction from past experience.

The thing I like about JUDDD is that you don't really need to weigh yourself. A lot of things I've read say that it's better to judge your loss through inches, not weight, when following the plan. So, that's what I'll do!

I figure if it does work or doesn't suit me, I'll certainly be back to Atkins! Or try both at the same time. Either way, I doubt this will be the last you see of me over here.

Back