Cruise PV muffin inspiration

ellie1969

Gold Member
what other flavours can i try out.... I se the toffee muffin recipe and replace the muller with my home made yoghurt for other flavours. So far ive done toffee, vanilla, lemon & ginger and Carrot & mixed spice for PV days

Also you can do chocolate muffins....
Chocolate Oat Bran Muffins
Ingredients

• 6 tablespoons of oat bran
  • 2 tablespoons of low carb cocoa powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 6 tablespoons of zero fat yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • Sweetener to taste
Method

1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
  2. Add the yogurt and eggs and whisk until smooth.
  3. Add sweetener to taste.
  4. Divide the mixture equally between 6 paper muffin cases in a muffin tray.
  5. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes.
Cinnamon Oat Bran Muffins
Use the recipe above but

1. Omit the cocoa powder and instead add 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
  2. Reduce the quantity of yogurt to 5 tablespoons.

Yeah i did... but in future id probably use my own home made yoghurt and add vanilla essence as i usually omitt the essences from the toffee recipe

My favourites so far are seedy muffins with ½ tbsp each of caraway and poppyseeds per egg, using Maintainer's recipe. Sometimes I do them sweetened with Splenda & vanilla essence, sometimes without. The caraway seems to keep my breath fresh even on Dukan and adds a bit of texture.

This recipe is NOT appropriate!!

Low fat cocoa powder is a tolerated ingredient on Cruise. It is limited to one TEASPOON per day. This recipe contains two tablespoons so don't use it!

I use the DD muffin recipe and add 4Tbs goji berries (pre soaked for about 15 mins in boiling water and blueberry flavouring) and some blueberry flavouring.

Check the amount of goji berries allowed as my book says 1T per day but somewhere on the board I read it's now 10g a day (I think) - maybe Maintainer will confirm the amount.

Chocolate and lime muffins, by using Dukan dark chocolate flavourings. Also, the hazelnut is nice in a muffin.

I'm presuming u get the Dukan flavourings off a website - r they expensive?
What do u tend to use them for?

Ref gojis - on his website, he says:
To make the most of the Goji berries' health-enhancing properties, the recommended dose during the Dukan Diet is:

- Attack phase: one tablespoon per day
- Cruise phase: one tablespoon per day in PP phase and two per day in PV phase.
- Consolidation phase: the dose can be increased to 3 tablespoon per day.

but if he's amended this this year on his UK chat, I wouldn't know...

I do get them off the official Dukan website and yes, they're not cheap but the bottles are quite large so will last long.

how much do you need of them mirjam ? was comparing them to the ones on the sugar free website

will try some of these suggestions when i get back at the end of the week

If you add them to your yoghurt only a few drops, if adding them to your muffin mix about 10ml as the mix is quite a lot. Don't forget to add sole da as well! Also, how about orange/chocolate flavourings? That's nice too although I don't buy the orange one, maybe next time x

Lemon & Caraway : Grated zest and juice of an unwaxed lemon stored at room temperature and a couple tspn of caraway seeds
These may be a no no on cruise, I'm waiting for feedback from Maintainer in the menu thread, will update then

Tea Brack: Mixed spice, ground cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger with cold 1/4 cup cold concentrated tea

Coffee: 2 tsps best quality instant coffee made up in hot water and allow to cool before adding to mix.

Butternut squash and mixed spice: just add some leftover roasted BNS and spices of your choice

Courgette & salmon: finely grated courgette, snippets of smoked salmon and herbs eg. dill

Last edited:
Back