Multivitamins

jacsprat

Silver Member
I was just wondering how many of us take daily supplements?

I know that technically speaking 3 CD packs are supposed to give you 100% of what you need. But what if you are deficient in the first place.

I take a multi vit/mineral tablet and soon will start taing my annual dose of echinacea. Also my skin is really bad at the moment so I'm looking into taking some fish oil or evening primrose.

Has anybody stopped taking supplements and noticed a difference?

Thanks

Jac

The only supplement i take is collagen capsules as it helps to provide the major building material for growth, repair and maintenance of skin, ligaments, bones, nails and hair....xxx

I take Omega 3 capsules :)

I stopped taking my multivitamin and minerals when I started CD because some vitamins are toxic at higher levels and I couldn't remember which were so decided to give anything over 100% RDA a miss.

I do take a Co-enzyme Q10 (when I remember to) though just because it was recommended when I went on Atkins as protecting the heart and lean muscle tissue. I just feel better taking it - apart from when paying for it as it is quite expensive (£23.99 in H&B).

I don't take any, and after reading about how vitamin supplements can do more harm than good, I don't think I'll take any ever again! I'm hoping that once I get to maintenance I'll be sensible and make healthy choices with food, so the need for supplements will not be neccesary.

In the past I used to rattle because of the amount of vitamin and herbal supplements I used to take! Never made the slightest bit of difference in how I felt or looked though!

Official guidance from Cambridge -->

The big plus about Cambridge is that, unlike other diets, you do not need to take extra supplements. Each item offers a third of the recommended daily allowance of all vitamins, minerals and trace elements - three a day give complete nutrition.
The main worry when people go on food-based slimming diets, is that reduction in food means reduced nutrient intake, which in turn puts health at risk. It is impossible to achieve complete nutrition from conventional food on less than 1500 Calories a day. Even then, extensive nutritional knowledge and a wide variety of foods need to be consumed to ensure adequate intake of all those vitamins and minerals.

With the Cambridge Diet, we have cracked that problem by formulating a diet that gives 100% nutrition. Cambridge customers have confidence that they can lose weight safely and not put health at risk.

Mine are mostly for my joints - Chondroitin, Glucosamine, Cod Liver Oil etc.

I have knackered knees (due to football and rugby when I was younger) and knackered fingers (due to 25 years as a programmer!) .... so they just ease some of the discomfort .....

Steve

Hey SweetPea - try online - much cheaper. Don't know how many you get for your £24 though!

They have Q10 at Product Co Q10 30mg - Healthy Direct

Steve

Thanks Steve - I take 120mg tablets so that's why they are so expensive. I started taking them when I went on Atkins following a girl dying in America - apparently these and some other tablet - possibly magnesium offer protection against lean muscle loss. I know that won't happen on CD anyway but I'm in the habit of taking them now.

Back