Mummie joins daughter !

Super Nana

Well having preached to my daughter for years about " drastic diets " I read the Dukan book and have decided to give it a go ! I am now on day three and so far have lost 4 lbs . Felt a bit strange yesterday but think that was down to auto suggestion and panic ! Let's see what today brings and thanks for showing me how to cook a galette properly , daughter of mine , after my disastrous attempt yesterday xx

Your welcome x how funny to see you on here, just remember to eat lots and drink loads of water x

Well a bit disappointed with weight loss today but I am below 18 woohoo ! Going to investigate shopping today to but essentials as only decided to do this diet after shopping last week ! Onwards and upwards:)

Hi Super Nana

Subscribing.

Wow! Both you and tryin again are 6ft tall! Wow!

5lb in 3 days is fantastic! You can't get much better than that really :eek: You've got another 4 days left till the end of the week so you will have a brilliant first weeks loss x

Hi Super Nana

Subscribing.

Wow! Both you and tryin again are 6ft tall! Wow!
Yes they don't make me small in our family. My 13 year old son is now 6ft too and still very much in growth spurt mode!

Yes we are all tall and predispose towards weight gain except for the Grandsons ! The 13 year old is like a bean pole bless him x feeling a bit more positive tonight it's just the thought of this fund raising tea on Sat that is worrying me !

Yaaaaay end of attack. Felt so low yesterday especially when put on 1 lb but today at the end of 5 days total of 6 lbs off ! Also under that dreaded 18 ! When I weighed myself over a week ago and decided to try the Dukan diet I was actually 18.6 so am well pleased with 17.12
Now for today's challenge of sticking to PV when I'm going with 30 friends to a fund raising tea ! Watch this space ! :p

6 lb is brilliant, and still 2 days to go yet! It can be very depressing seeing the scales go up when you've stuck to the plan but i find the scales go up and down every day when I'm on dukan, depending on what day I've been on and how constipated I am! Even though we're told to weigh daily on dukan I think it's best after week 1 to just weigh weekly, or maybe twice weekly if like me you're addicted to the scales x

Enjoy today, it's only one day so even if you have to go off dukan slightly I'm sure you'll get straight back on tomorrow x

Made it without any tea! Beef burgers on return with salad and rhubarb and custard. Drank plenty whilst out and still had a great time - oh and won a sarong in the raffle for a slimmer me on hols xxxxx

Great going Super Nana! Well done on sticking to plan!

Yaaaaay! 8lbs gone ! Feeling great and really quite enjoying the challenge. Going to try and not get too hung up on it this week and just make the new eating plan a way of life xx

That's a fab first weeks loss, your well on your way now. Gets easier from here, have a good second week x

My favourite evening snack is a frozen yoghurt. Just a normal low fat Dukan OK yoghurt which I freeze seven of each week to be able to savour them each evening. They take ages to eat which is a good thing and make me think I've had icecream! Try it?

Will definately try the frozen yoghurt idea x thank you .first week on cruise finished and the weight has been up and down by 2 lbs all week . I know this is normal on cruise so still keeping positive but weight stayed the same . I'm on the go all day but this week will try and fit in the walks as I know that will make a difference. Not going to be so easy as I suffer from arthritis and this high protein diet doesn't do me any real favours - trouble is I like it !!

I was up and down a lot the second week too. Third week has been much better and don't forget, smoked fish say before weigh in isn't a good idea! X

Back