Munchies and Madness- my food diary.

Your SW quiche looks amazing- mine never turn out like that! They're always a bit pale, a bit rubbery and never golden on top!
Hopefully the sugar withdrawal will ease soon and the headaches will pass. It sounds like you're drinking plenty of water already; maybe some sweeter fruit will help tide you over? You have my sympathy though, sugar headaches are the worst! X

Thanks Katyemz! I looked at WW but it seemed too restrictive for me. I am a self confessed piggy when it comes to food. I try and limit my portions but I think I'd struggle on WW- especially with carbs!

Welcome Denise! I hope you find some help in my rambling and food postings!!

Pleased I've managed to keep up with posting my food pictures- it might not look Michelin starred but it's tasty (sometimes!!)

I was really pleased how my quiche came out Poppet! I did line the tin with foil though as I was scared of sticking!! And my timer didn't go off so it was actually in the oven for about 10 mins longer than I anticipated- looks like that was a blessing though as it was perfectly cooked (about 35 mins in total at gas 5). And it didn't have that slimey cottage cheese texture thankfully!!

Last edited:
Feel shattered today- I think the household is getting yet another bug (honestly I don't think we've all been healthy even once this winter! I even got sent for a chest xray because I couldn't shake a cough for 9 weeks!) Hubby gets snappy when he is poorly so being on tippy toes around him gets draining- and biting my tongue when he snaps at the boys takes most of my focus!!

Went out with Riley today (Reece was at nursery) and did lots of walking around shops. Popped into tesco but appears the fibre one bars are back to being full price so of course the shelves are full! Lunch was a tesco special- although I'm proud of myself as I managed to avoid anything high in syn! And I managed to avoid having a takeaway tonight- we have a burst pipe in the road just outside my house so spent most of the day without water and freezing as that meant no heating! I was needing some comfort food and craved a pizza...

Today's food (25/01/17)

B- Nothing.
L- 2 x Tesco Sushi (1.5syns each so 3 syns). Half a banana.
D- Homemade chow mein (spray oil 0.5syns, chicken, soy sauce, sugarsnap peas, pepper, spring onions, bean sprouts, noodles and blue dragon sauce 6syns)

Snacks- Special k bar (hexb) Satsuma.
Drinks- Infused water. Tea x 2 (1syn for milk). Costa latte (hexa+3syns for syrup).

Syn total- 13.5syns

PhotoGrid_1485369448382.jpg

You did really well to resist a takeaway Lisa- sounds like a very trying day!
It must be hard when you're all feeling a bit rubbish, and a cough for 9 weeks is terrible! My OH gets grumpy when really poorly too- it's how I can tell he's bad- fortunately his cold from Christmas has just about gone (but he's still coughing a bit which is actually quite annoying). I do have a shorter fuse than him lol.
I'll have to have a go at your quiche- I always thought leaving it in too long would make it rubbery but you might be on to something!

Both the boys and hubby are poorly- tmi but it's like a snot factory in my house and I need to remember to put kleenex on the shopping list as I've ran out!!

We were without water for most of the day again but the road has now been dug up and the pipe fixed. Now just need to wait for them to fill in the massive crater that's right outside my house.

Arranged an evening with my bestie for tomorrow and she's suggested takeaway... Honestly this week has been a bit of a mare so I'm going for it. We don't meet up as often as we'd like so we make the most of it when we do :) I'll be good for the rest of the day!

Today's food (26/01/17)

B- Half a pear.
L- 2 open toasties (WM bread- hexb+2, no fat bacon, 40g low fat cheddar hexa). WW layered fromage frais 0.5syn. Kiwi. Satsuma.
D- Salmon. Roast new potatoes (1syn for spray oil). Carrot. Broccoli. Green beans.

Snacks- 2 oreo thins 3syns. Mini milk 2syns.
Drinks- Infused water. Tea (2syns for milk)

Syn total- 10.5syns

So yesterday went okay. I had my cheat meal with my bestie and a good catch up.

My boys are still little snot monsters... And I've just realised I forgot to put the tissues on my home delivery!! Grrr.

Trying to incorporate breakfast by sharing fruit with Reece- I honestly don't think I could manage to eat much more than that.

Yesterday's food (27/01/17)

B- Half an apple.
L- Multigrain ryvita (hexb) topped with 3 laughing cow triangles (part hexa) and cucumber. Tomatoes. Apple. WW layered fromage frais (0.5syn). Pepper. 2 x oreo thins (3syns)
D- Cheat Chinese!! Chow mein (was a lot nicer than my homemade one!) Half portion egg fried rice. 3 pieces sesame prawn toast.

Snacks- Satsuma. 4 x haribo fizzy sweets (large so 1syn each- 4syns)
Drinks- Infused water. Tea (part hexa for milk).

Syn total- 7.5syns + Chinese cheat meal!

I didn't get to try the infamous brownie yesterday- I had the syns but went to bed early with a headache.

Yesterday's food (28/01/17)

B- Nothing.
L- Mugshot. Special k bar (hexb) Pepper. Apple. Pear. Tomatoes. WW layered fromage frais (1syn- caramel flavour)
D- Chicken stuffed with LC triangles (2.5syns) wrapped in bacon. Roasted veggies- pepper, tomato, onions and potato (1.5syn for spray oil).

Snacks- Satsuma. Apple.
Drinks- Costa latte (hexa+3syns for syrup) Tea (1syn for milk) Infused water. Coke zero.

Syn total- 9syns

Thanks Poppet! The boys are getting better- just Riley who is struggling now :(

I had a fibre one brownie today- I heard they were tiny but OMG I was not prepared for just how tiny they are! Very yummy (just like a proper brownie- and heated up in the microwave for 10 seconds makes them smell just like chocolate fudge cake!!) and quite rich so maybe the size doesn't matter too much.
No way I'd pay nearly £3 for a box though.

Today's food (29/01/17)

B- Nothing.
L- Multigrain ryvita (hexb) topped with 3 LC triangles (part hexa) and cucumber. Tomatoes. Mango. Kiwi. WW layered fromage frais (0.5syn) Orange. 2 oreo thins (3syns)
D- Sausage (4syns) and bean casserole (onion, chopped tomatoes, stock, herbs and spices, pepper, pinto beans, cannelloni beans) Mash potatoes (1.5syn for light spread)

Snacks- Carrot. Cucumber. Fibre one brownie (4syns) Mini milk (2syns)
Drinks- Coke zero. Tea (part hexa for milk) Infused water.

Syn total- 15syns

Weigh day tomorrow... Eek!

Back