Munchies and Madness- my food diary.

IMG_1299.PNG Yay well done that's great

Nearly 2 of these which is great. Ye I agree the brownies are tiny haha but does feel like your having prop choc doesn't it . Btw mini milk are 1.5 which got me thinking think I'd sooner have 2 choc ones than a brownie .

Well done on the loss! You'll break through next week I'm sure. Sausage casserole looks like it would warm your cockles :) perfect food for this chilly weather.
Might keep an eye out for the fibre ones, though for all the excitement of people finding/not finding them, I haven't actually heard anything about what they're like til now!

Thanks for the advice Laura but I buy the tesco version of mini milk which are 2syns. I might grab the branded ones if I see them on offer if they are less syns though!!

Need to get a couple of the custard mullerlights to go with my brownies... My challenge for tomorrow is to find them!!

Sausage casserole was delish! And I have 2 more portions in the freezer :) It was a little liquidy but I always tend to add too much stock!!

Oh sorry wasn't even aware they did them . Like you say never on offer the proper ones are they. It seems everything nice we can have costs a bomb on this diet lol

Liking your custard muller idea

I appreciate you trying to help me save syns Laura!!
Agree that nothing is cheap on this diet- or any diet!! Makes me sick that junk food is so much cheaper than fruits and veggies :(

Lovely day with my boys today- Riley is still poorly so I did some indoor crafts with Reece and we watched sleeping beauty (his choice!)

Reece decided he loves Maliceficent- but won't accept she is a lady because "ladies aren't allowed to be baddies". Love his innocence!

Today's food (30/01/17)

B- Half a pear.
L- Phili light (part hexa) on WM toast (hexb) WW fromage frais (1syn- caramel flavour) Tomatoes. Kiwi. Apple. Snacks a jacks (4.5syns)
D- Gammon. Kale. Bisto cauliflower cheese (1.5syns) Grilled tomatoes.

Snacks- Fibre one brownie (4syns) Mini milk (2syns) Cucumber. Satsuma.
Drinks- Diet lemonade. Tea (part hexa for milk) Coke zero.

Syn total- 13syns

Last edited:
My little girl is poorly aswell full of cold,which means we are also stuck in the house . Best place for them tho in the warm.

I'm addicted to the hifi bars and going to cost me 9 quid at club each week cause I save my hex b for these. I also find I run out of things aswell during the week. Daughter pinches
Most of my fruit and hubby like can I have a kit Kat NO you can't haha. Just cause my choc can last me a few weeks cause I have a variety and only aloud a little bit, he seems to think can eat his then start on mine.

I feel guilty at times I'm like no to everythin there all mine haha

The Lidl ice creams are usually pretty low in syns- I haven't had the mini milks but I fancy them now so next time I go I'll get some and let you know..
I know what you mean about hoarding the diet food. Curly wurlys are a very special treat for me and I went beserk last time I saw OH eating one :oops: poor lad.
I watched Maleficent a while ago, I loved it too haha.
You're getting loads of speed in Lisa, it's not surprising you're spending lots of fruit & veg! Braver woman than me eating kale though! Agree it is sickening how much cheaper it is to eat junk, so wrong.
Hope Riley is brighter today x

Poppet- I didn't think I'd like kale (because I hate normal cabbage- except in coleslaw) but it's actually really tasty! It needs salt and pepper though :) And not too bad price wise!

I definitely hoard food! Hubby wanted to try a fibre one bar but I slapped his hand away. And I bought him a tub of supermarket hot chocolate to stop him pinching my options! He never wants a hot choccie unless I have one!

Went to the shops today and got some more veggies from the cheapie greengrocers. Couldn't find any custard flavoured mullers- but did find the standard WW yogurts which are free. Enjoyed the exercise- even if some woman called Riley grumpy because he wouldn't smile at her!!

Do not give the fibre ones away haha does he realise how hard these are to find lol. I gave my hubby a Freddo last night he just put it all in at once and laughed I was you ,you prat that's why your fat hahah. I sat there sucking mine for ages was really nice for 5syns

Am struggling with my anxiety at the moment- Riley is going through a HUGE developmental stage (crawling) and it's come at the same time he's cut 2 more teeth, has separation issues and is having a phase of sleep regression- a quadruple whammy!
For the past two nights he has screamed for an hour at bedtime- it doesn't matter if we are holding him or he is in his cot :( I'm dreading bedtime for the boys and it's taking me ages to go to sleep myself as my mind is whirring.
Also means I have a slight upset stomach so food is a little scarce today (especially with speed).

Today's food (31/01/17)

B- WM toast (hexb). 1 little butter packet (3syns) and marmite (went to Boston Tea Party).
L- Mugshot. WW yogurt. Apple. Kiwi.
D- Pasta and 2tbsp reduced fat green pesto (4syns)

Snacks- 10 mini marshmallows (1syn) Satsuma.
Drinks- BTP mocha (hexa+3syns for cocoa) Tea (1syn for milk) Water. Fruit tea. Options (2syns)

Syn total- 14syns

Riley went down a lot easier tonight- makes me feel a bit calmer so I celebrated with chocolate (within syns!)

Made a hunters chicken type thingy in the slow cooker today- made extra sauce and now have a tomato sauce for pasta or meatballs! Was yummy :)

Today's food (01/02/17)

B- Half a banana.
L- 3 multigrain ryvita (hexb) topped with 3 LC triangles (part hexa) and cucumber. Carrots. WW yogurt. Mango. Kiwi. 10 mini marshmallows 1syn. Oreo thin 1.5syn.
D- Hunters chicken (chicken, chopped tomatoes, onion, peppers, carrots, cherry tomatoes and herbs) with rice.

Snacks- WW yogurt. Satsuma. Double decker (from multipack- 9syns)
Drinks- Tea (part hexa for milk) Coke zero. Fruit tea. Options (2syns)

Syn total- 13.5syns

A bit boring with the food today- lunches are getting a bit repetitive! I really struggle with lunches as I want something quick and something on toast/ ryvita or a mugshot is exactly that!
Going to make another batch of slow cooker soup tomorrow with some bargain parsnips I got from the greengrocers (19p for 4!) and I've ordered things for a batch of SW coleslaw with my food delivery on Saturday- need to pack in the speed. Plus soup and coleslaw seem pretty cheap to make in bulk.

Reece told me to have a time out today because I was grumpy... And my grumpiness was because I told him off for hitting his brother on the head with a book... Boys will be boys I suppose...

Today's food (02/02/17)

B- Half an apple.
L- Mugshot (1syn roast chicken flavour). WW yogurt. Apple. Orange. Special k bar (hexb) 10 mini marshmallows (1syn)
D- 2 McCain jacket potatoes (2syns) Tuna mayo (5tbsp EL mayo 5syns) 40g low fat cheese (hexa) Salad (cucumber, tomato, radish, peppers, carrot, celery)

Snacks- 10 mini marshmallows (1syn) SF boiled sweet (0.5syn) Satsuma.
Drinks- Tea (1syn for milk) Coke zero. Water.

Syn total- 11.5syns

Thanks! I've realised the reason I used to avoid salad on SW was because of high syn dressings. And I only use dressings because I hate the blandness of lettuce therefore I eliminated the lettuce (plus it's impossible to buy at the moment!!)

We have a boring Saturday planned- staying in and watching sport!! We are Arsenal fans and then the football is followed by the start of the 6 nations...

But Sunday we are going to softplay- got a free play voucher to use from Reece's birthday party. It's in a pub and we are going to have lunch as well so expecting another cheat meal... Doesn't seem like I can manage to have a whole week on plan at the moment!!

Back