Munchies and Madness- my food diary.

freakydarkstuff

Silver Member
Hi!

Introductions and formalities-
I'm Lisa. 30yo. Mother of 2 boys (Reece 4 and Riley 9months).
I was on SW before my wedding in April 2015 but let it slide once I got pregnant with my youngest and used growing a baby as an excuse to eat everything and anything (think cheese and bread and more cheese!)
So I've gained 2 dress sizes, multiple stone and a lot of bad habits that need to be broken.

On a serious note- I'm also battling PND (as well as a history of depression) and anxiety. My intentions are to be open and honest about my struggles- it's taboo but shouldn't be.

I've been putting off restarting SW (it works for me because I'm greedy!) so keeping a diary keeps me accountable and honest.

Expect a lot of food, experimentation, (hopefully) pictures, slip ups, moaning and kiddie related anecdotes!

X

Welcome back! :D

Day one! All good intentions but needing to use up the pre-SW stuff in the cupboards- I feel I've been super organised and gone sharpie mad putting syn values on everything! Hubby isn't impressed- especially as he takes some of it to work for lunches!!

Had a lazy day in with my boys today- watched a film (or two!) and played some "educational" board games. Honestly playing board games with a 4 year old is a pain in the backside!! I'm super competitive yet he has a strop if he loses so I have to hold back... But just wait until he understands monopoly- then the gloves are off!!

Today's food (16/01/17)

B- Cups of tea x 2 (1syn for milk)
L- Multigrain ryvita (hexb) topped with philadelphia light (hexa) and cucumber. Tomatoes. Apple. WW layered fromage frais (0.5syn). 2 x chocolate coins (2.5syn).
D- Half a shepherds pie (colemans packet mix 3.5syns, 5 sprays oil 0.5syn, mince, onion, carrots and peas, mashed potato). Kale.

Snacks- Boiled eggs. Carrot sticks.
Drinks- Coke zero. SF squash. Tea (0.5syn).

Syn total- 8.5syns

PhotoGrid_1484597692045.jpg

Boring Tuesday- housework whilst I only have the baby at home (Reece is at nursery on Tuesday and Wednesday). Housework counts as exercise, right?!

Made a lovely (albeit slightly over peppery) butternut squash soup in my slow cooker- completely free and plenty of veggies. I have loads left even after my giant portion sizes so that should hopefully help with any damages for hubby's birthday lunch tomorrow!

Today's food (17/01/17)

B- Tea x 2 (1syn for milk)
L- Leftover shepherds pie (3.5syns for half the colemans packet mix). Boiled eggs. Apple. Kiwi. Tomatoes.
D- Butternut squash soup (Butternut squash, onion, garlic, stock). Cheese and tomato on toast (hexa and hexb).

Snacks- Ham. Satsuma.
Drinks- Tea x 2 (1syn for milk). SF squash. Coke zero.

Syn total- 5.5syns.

Okay so yesterday was a bust but I was expecting it considering it was hubby's birthday and he is a lover of junk food- in my defence he picked pizza hut for his birthday lunch so making a healthy choice wasn't really plausible... I did have a side salad of peppers, tomatoes, lettuce and beetroot along with my several slices of pizza...
And I had a packet of foxes crunch biscuits, a few handfuls of skittles at the cinema and a large slice of chocolate birthday cake.

Write it off and start fresh today. I still have soup in the fridge and plenty of fruit (mainly apples, as Tesco messed up my order and sent me 4 bags of apples rather than 1... Didn't charge me for the extra so I was naughty and kept them!!)

We've booked a birthday lunch with his friends for Sunday so won't have much wiggle room there either. But I won't go mad- I'll enjoy my lunch (it costs £14 so I'm not going to waste any of the delicious yorkshire pudding!) but be good the rest of the day!! That's the plan anyway!

Lovely day in today- hubby has been playing on his new ps4 that I got him for his birthday but I honestly don't mind computer games anyway! Plus Reece has been enjoying "playing" and thinks he is awesome! He'll be so disappointed if we ever plug his controller in...

Today's food (19/01/17)

B- Tea (0.5syn for milk)
L- Multigrain ryvita (hexb) topped with philli light (hexa) and cucumber. Apple. Half a pear. Kiwi. WW layered fromage frais (0.5syn).
D- Gammon. 3 x hash browns (6syns). Tomatoes. Kale. Scrambled egg (0.5syns for 5 sprays oil. 0.5syns milk).

Snacks- Satsuma.
Drinks- Coke zero. Tea x 2 (1syn for milk). Budweiser (6.5syns)

Syn total- 15.5syns

A teeny bit over but I really wanted a beer!!!

Back