Cruise PV Mushroom and thyme soup

dukandebut

Goat herder(ess)
Mushroom and thyme soup
(from WW)

NB: This contains brandy, which evaporates during cooking so should be okay, but you can leave this out if you'd prefer.

Serves 4

1 large onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
400g mushrooms (eg, field, chestnut or brown cap), sliced
3 tblsp brandy
Small bunch of thyme, chopped
600ml vegetable stock
25g dried porcini mushrooms, soaked in 600ml boiling water for at least 10 mins, chopped, soaking liquid reserved (optional)

Heat a large non-stick saucepan and stirfry onion and garlic for about 5 mins until soft, adding a little water if necessary to prevent from sticking.

Add mushrooms and stirfry over a high heat for another 5 mins, then add brandy and cook, stirring, for 1 min until alcohol has evaporated.

Reduce heat, add thyme, stock, dried mushrooms (if using) and reserved soaking liquid.

Bring to boil and simmer for 45 mins.

So making this!

god yep me too

sounds lovely, starting on saturday & a week of attack and will be making this the first day I am finished attack.

sounds lovely, starting on saturday & a week of attack and will be making this the first day I am finished attack.

Good luck with the diet, waterford. :)

Since this doesn't contain protein, make sure you eat some protein with it as meals should still be mostly protein-based during Cruise.

Just made this and added some bay leaves and a ton of parsley. I put the onions in the microwave with some water for about 3 mins to soften them before adding to the soup as I am too lazy to dry fry. Delish! Will eat for lunch with some chicken.

Back