Mushy Pea Curry

I am seriously hooked on this stuff :D

After a really naughty weekend I'm trying to have lots of Speed/Superspeed, so this will do just the trick.

Going to make it again tonight using fried onions, chicken breast pieces, 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 tin of mushy peas, curry powder and a coconut flavoured MullerLight..just like a chicken Korma :drool: mmmmmmmm xx

As I had a naughty night on Sat , (went way over on my syns drinking wine) it's lots of this gorg curry for me too in preparation for my WI on Weds. I had some last week with mushrooms, onions, chicken breast and king prawns, it was soooooooooo tasty! Enjoy!xx

I am seriously hooked on this stuff :D

After a really naughty weekend I'm trying to have lots of Speed/Superspeed, so this will do just the trick.

Going to make it again tonight using fried onions, chicken breast pieces, 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 tin of mushy peas, curry powder and a coconut flavoured MullerLight..just like a chicken Korma :drool: mmmmmmmm xx

I was only wondering this afternoon if it would work to use a coconut Mullerlight in a curry. Think I might give it a try, as I do like the coconut flavour in curries.

I was only wondering this afternoon if it would work to use a coconut Mullerlight in a curry. Think I might give it a try, as I do like the coconut flavour in curries.

So how was it with the added coconut mullerlight? Dying to know, think I may be addicted to this stuff!x

ermintrude said:
I cant really imagine what this is like. Im gonna make the chip-shop-style mushy pea curry sauce to go with some fish & chips later in the week, but the mushy pea curry itself Im really unsure about... is it similar to chip shop stuff or like a "real" curry?

I cannot for the life of me imagine eating a curry with chips and sausages and stuff like a lot of people seem to be doing with this tbh, but so many people seem to be raving over it Im wondering what on earth it tastes like :confused:

I've made and enjoyed this version, and eat it with rice, or blend it as a base for chicken or chick peas or something, no don't think I'd have it on chips either

Another one, although not free, is the mayflower Chinese curry sauce 4 syns / 100ml which is sufficient and lovely on homemade egg fried rice

Thanks Debridger, might give it a go then :)

having thsi again tonight. Green day today so having it with rice, and some mushrooms I think to make it super speedy as a last ditch effort to loose wieght for tomorrow ;)

So how was it with the added coconut mullerlight? Dying to know, think I may be addicted to this stuff!x

Haven't tried it yet - will perhaps have another curry night later this week. It looks like PrincessStevie has had it with the Muller in though.

Haven't tried it yet - will perhaps have another curry night later this week. It looks like PrincessStevie has had it with the Muller in though.

Yeah, I've had it with the coconut MullerLight and it was amaaaazing :drool:

It's not often I'll get an indian takeaway, because chicken korma is my vice, and I just know I wouldn't be able to resist. This really hits the spot though, and feels like I'm being really naughty, when in fact I'm 100% on plan.

You should definitely give it a try :) xx

Yeah, I've had it with the coconut MullerLight and it was amaaaazing :drool:

It's not often I'll get an indian takeaway, because chicken korma is my vice, and I just know I wouldn't be able to resist. This really hits the spot though, and feels like I'm being really naughty, when in fact I'm 100% on plan.

You should definitely give it a try :) xx

Oh fab! Gonna make another big pan of this tonight so will do half with a mullerlight in too, sounds gorgeous, such a fab meal too, feels like a real treat and even better that its 100% on plan, yippee!x

just made this for the first time for me and my housemate, I'm now under orders to make batches of it and freeze it! :D

Can I just ask, does this taste like mushy peas at all? I really want to try it but can't stand mushy peas normally!

Can I just ask, does this taste like mushy peas at all? I really want to try it but can't stand mushy peas normally!

No, you can't taste the mushy peas at all. They just give the dish texture - it really does taste like curry!

I gave it to my dad without telling him what was in it. He really enjoyed it and couldn't believe it was mainly mushy peas when I told him! He's usually really fussy.

xx

agree with princess stevie, I made it and shared it with my house mate we both loved it! The peas seem to give it a thickness and texture but doesn't hamper the taste at all

I still haven't tried this so might have a go this week. Can anyone tell me if it tastes more like a Chinese or Indian curry?

Debridger said:
Indian, but you could change the spices

What do you think you'd put in to make it more chinese? Chinese five spice I would guess but do you think it would need anything else?

Back