Mushy pea curry

I honestly expected the look of it to put me off...I was expecting a sort of lumpy green slop...but mine doesn't turn out green at all, give it a try, it really IS very nice...and free into the bargain x

That looks lovely - can you post the recipe you use please - thanks x

I just used the basic recipe, I fried off the onion mushroom and garlic then added chopped tinned toms and peas, and in one batch I added beans and of course the curry powder, I used a co-op own brand medium curry powder. And it was delicious. I've got some in the freezer so I'm gonna defrost it now :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

I too made this and was really surprised have put the remainder into small pots to have as a sort of curry dip with sw chips for a snack one night. x

Defo gonna try this at the weekend - I'm intrigued to know how it'll taste, everyone seems to love it though.

Made this last night - amaze!! Even my Boyf who's super fussy with food really liked it, defo in my stack of fave SW recipes

Having this again tonight, loved it soo much!!

as long as you put enough curry powder in it will not taste of peas and beans at all.

I do not blend mine, I just simmer it until the lumps have pretty much gone.

Love this curry- but hate mushy peas! I make it without the baked beans though.
Last time my OH made it for me but didn't blend it (I always do) and was very suprised that at the end there wasn't much difference!

Gonna have to give this a go :)

This is an amazing recipe. I was put off by the sound of the ingredients but it turned out looking and tasting just like chip shop curry sauce. Had it with some chips made in the airfryer. Hubby had some too and had no idea it was SW - he was really surprised when I told him.

I think this is something I will be making regularly!

:D

Hi everyone, I've rejoined SW online today after a few years of being a pig.

I tried the mushy pea curry the last time I was on SW, I found the texture a bit powdery even after blending....any ideas where I went wrong?

Kraftykat - I think it's the curry powder that makes it seem powdery, I made sure I cooked mine for ages, and added a bit of water to thin it out a bit x

Back