Mushy Pea Curry

Ive got these curry ingredients BUT:

I dont know what method to cook them in. Im great to doing my old currys with flour and coconut cream ect but since SW ive been trying each week to get a tasty curry but it always ends up sour or sharp or not tasty and too strong.

Ive gone and bought these so if someone could help with the method that would be fab x

Mushrooms
Courgette
Chickpeas
Onion
Pepper
MUSHY PEAS (never tried these before)
Garlic
Mild Curry Powder
Chicken stock cube
Fat Free Yoghurt
Frylight

Hiya!

I used to follow a WW curry recipe. Fry onion, garlic and any other veg in frylite, add curry powder and a splash of water. Simmer and then add the yogurt, stir to warm through on very low heat and serve. It wasn't very exciting but tasty enough.

You could do the mushy pea curry sauce?

Fry the veg as before, then add curry powder. Blend a can of mushy peas and a can of tomatoes together, add to the pan and stir. It'll go a manky brown colour but it will smell and taste like curry sauce! I've never added yogurt to it but it might work well to make it creamy.

Ahh that sound easy.

How much curry powder though?

I will try the mushy pea one i think do i add the curry powder to the mix of tomatoes and peas?

Ahh that sound easy.

How much curry powder though?

I will try the mushy pea one i think do i add the curry powder to the mix of tomatoes and peas?

I usually add the curry powder when the onions and garlic are cooked, give it a stir then add the tomatoes/peas mixture.

I add about a teaspoon of powder and then add more later if it doesn't taste strong enough. Also add a teaspoon of cumin to the mix (with the curry powder) as it adds to the curry-ness of it!

Usually when I do mine I chuck my onion/garlic in a blender too (easier to chop without stinging eyes) and I add my curry powder to the blender so I have weird orange onions going in the pan. I also add a bit of water to the pan as I have found fry lite sometimes makes my onions taste bitter.

If you do a search here on the word curry you will find enough recipes to keep you going from now until the end of year (well maybe that's a slight exaggeration!)

Heres a curry recipe i use hun!!
i got it off one of my asian friends and she teaked for me so its s.w friendly(syn free)

2 large onions
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp curry powder
1tsp ground corridander
1tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp paprika
tinned tomtoes
1 tsp splenda
fresh corridander
any veg or beans/pulses etc or meat(depending wot day your on)

fry onions and garlic till tender.O(frylight)
add spices and fry them spices out(as she calls it) to intense the flavor.
add beans...veg or whatever your using
add tomotes and splenda(takes of the sharp taste of the toms)
salt pepper
cook on alow heat for a bout30-40mins
when ready add corriander

it was amazing and ive got a photo will upload later x

I'm gonna try and make this 2moro for dinner.. gonna use Schwartz madras powder :)

Although Ilove Indian curries, I have found that if I use any of the "Indian" curry powders i.e., Madras, Rogan Josh, etc., it doesn't taste as good than when I use just an ordinary "curry" powder.

Maybe it's just a personal taste thing. :confused:

hehehe... we all have our personal tastes :) .. i've made the curry ready for 2moro and i think i added to much madras powder cos ooooooh boy is it spicey,lol ... but ooooh sooooo tasty

I've just had this for tea - made it with 1 tin of mushy peas, 1/2 tin of baked beans (leftovers), two plum tomatos from a tin, red onions and mushrooms and two tsp of mild madras curry powder and garlic salt (my garlic cloves had gone manky) and black pepper. Oh, and a small potato cubed to thicken it up. I was a bit dubious at first because of how it looked but can honestly say it's the best curry I've had for a while. Tasted a bit like the asda chickpea dahl, but without the chickpeas. Considering I'm a crap cook I think I did myself proud and going to have the leftovers tomorrow :D

Considering I'm a crap cook I think I did myself proud and going to have the leftovers tomorrow :D

Can't really go wrong with this recipe. Great base sauce, I always seem to add a little something extra each time I make it.

Enjoy your leftovers today, the longer you leave this, the better it tastes!

For my curry recipe I have the following:

serves 4

1 large onion
1 medium eating apple (granny smiths I used)
600g chicken breast skinless
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 sliced carrots
400g chopped tomatoes (can or tetra pack)
1 tbsp Sacla sun riped tomato pesto (optional will be syns)
2 tbsp tomato puree (optional - will be syns)
2 tbsp mild curry powder (I used swartze mild curry powder)
300ml chicken stock
2tbsp chopped coriander (optional)
50g thawed frozen peas
250g wholegrain rice (can use white instead if you wanted but I like wholegrain)
1tbsp plain FF yoghurt per serving (optional - I don't use this)

1. Spray saucepan with frylight
2. Saute the onion and apple for 2-3 minutes
3. Add the chopped chicken breasts and cook for 2 minutes
4. Add the garlic, carrots, chopped tomatoes, sun riped tomato pesto, tomato puree, curry powder, chicken stock and coriander.
5. Simmer for 30-45 minutes
6. Meanwhile cook the rice (near the end)
7. Stir 50g of thawed frozen peas into the curry. Heat for a moment and season to serve. Top with 1tbsp of the yoghurt.

It's not hot but nicely spicy!

Should be free on EE without the sun-ripened pest and tomato puree. (I do try to bulk it out with more veg though!)

Tin Chopped Tomatoes
2Tins mushy peas
curry powder
onion
garlic
frylight

frylight onion and clove (or2) garlic
in a pan or i use a casserole dish with lid
mix in toms and mushypeas
add curry powder to taste

could also fry off beef pork or chicken to add bulk

serve with rice pasta or sw chips for a totally FREE meal on all plans

Photo of my MMMushy Pea Curry, rice, chips and pitta

it was sooo filling and couldnt eat it all but was lush!

Attachments

• 100_4269.jpg
    100_4269.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 9,498
I made the mushy pea curry ~ worrying that it couldn't be as nice as the claims I was reading. OMG it was wonderful!
Heaven on a plate.

Enjoy your leftovers today, the longer you leave this, the better it tastes!

You are right, it was even better the next day :D

mmmmmmmmmmm guess what I had for dinner, I had forgotten how nice this is...if you havent tried it....just do it!! I hate mushy peas right down to the smell, but this is sooooo yummy

Back