Mushy Pea Curry

made this with baked beans in tom sauce was that right or is it plain baked beans?

looked gross but tasted luvly
hubs and daughter luved it to, son whos super fussy eater cryed at it

could the peas & beans be blended as found the beans stayed hard..or would it then need syning

found i needed 4! huge desert spoons heaped of tandoori spice so could no longer taste peas, that was with only 2 cans of peas :eek:

way nicer then the fat free yoguart curry!!!

losingme said:
Tin Chopped Tomatoes
2Tins mushy peas
curry powder
onion
garlic
frylight

frylight onion and clove (or2) garlic
in a pan or i use a casserole dish with lid
mix in toms and mushypeas
add curry powder to taste

could also fry off beef pork or chicken to add bulk

serve with rice pasta or sw chips for a totally FREE meal on all plans

Is is free on red?

No, it's not, only Green/EE.

Mmm the tomatoes, onion and garlic are superfree but I dont know if they'd make up a third of a plate if you had it with chips. Some people might do but personally I would have some sort of veggies as well. That doesn't mean you cant have the chips as well but make sure at least 1/3 of the plate is superfree.

What else have you had/are having for the rest of the day though? This recipe is really best for a Green day tbh, as theres no Red day food in it at all and not a great deal of superfree.- On Green you could have 2 extra HEXs (as well as your chips!) without having to worry about superfree at all. You can use your 2 HEXBs for meat if you still want meat on a Green day.

Have to read through my books again as only just hot head around red days I'm trailing them I might have a green day this week and make this recipie thank you

yummy!

This was devine, I loved it :)

how many onions do people use? I used 2 and it looks a bit swamped:eek: Will try tonight as it smells delicious, might even make SW chips to go with it:p
G

Hi everyone... :wave_cry:

Just thought I'd throw my two pence worth in as I'm new to SW but love a variation of this receipe

1x Can of baked beans
1x Can mushy peas
1x Can chickpeas
1x Can chickpea dahl ( Asda do this )
1x Can chipped tomato
3-5 tablespoons of curry powder
Garlic ( if you wish )
Chicken other meats etc ...if you want
Other vegtables like onion, potato etc

Sling all these cans into a large stock pot or similiar and stir all ingredients in... then cook for 20-30 mins.

Makes approx 5 portions ( at our house ) Really nice with SW syn free chips, rice & jacket potatoes

Just place some toilet paper in the fridge !

P.s. Only been going 9 weeks and lost 1st 2lbs to date and can't believe how easy it is to loose weight and still enjoy the food, unlike other plans I could mention which I felt I was eating Trill

This is lovely , I adjusted quantities slightly but it was great non slimming world OH loved it to

It is lovely well worth doing I am going to make a bigger batch next time and freeze it or take it for lunch the next day hope you enjoy it

Has anyone added chicken to this?

carlawhite said:
Has anyone added chicken to this?

Durr I should learn to read posts

Back