Mushy Pea Curry

jaxmummy

Silver Member
Found this on another site , might have to try

3 cans of mushy peas
1 can of baked beans
onions and mushrooms (as many as you like)
1 tablespoon of sweetener
curry powder to taste ( i use the schwartz mild curry powder as im not good with spicy foods)
fry light

brown off the onions and mushrooms in some fry light, then add all the rest of the ingredients and leave on the heat for approx 20-30 mins. If you find the mixture to thick just add some water.

Lol...Ive had beans already once today...it might get a bit windy in our house later! Lol

i know they have raved about it on another site and im tempted will let u know if im brave enough to try

i might try this tomorrow.thanks

Oh i love mushy peas, will give this a try. Thanks hun. xxx

We were given this recipe in class last night. Will defo have to try it, I lurrrve mushy peas!

Made this recipe last night and had leftovers for lunch today. It feels so wrong putting beans into mushy peas! And doesn't look too appealing either! But it tastes quite nice with lots of curry powders and spices in. Had mine with boiled rice and would defo have it again!

I did it on Friday. Didn't tell Hubby what was in it. He had no idea until I told him, and he loved it and would have it again :)

Oh my god, i am in love!!! This is the nicest curry i have ever eaten. Thank you so much.

i dont no where this recipe came from but here is 1 i got off a thread and it is fab 1tin of chopped tomatoes 1 tin of mushy peas i put 3 different types of curry powder in and some water then i put teasp of curry paste in and simmer 4 20 mins meanwhile i fry mushrooms and onions in fry light as much as u want then put it all 2 gether simmer 4 15 mins do use curry paste it really makes all the difference and is only 2 sins (paste has oil in thats why there is sins the rest is free

Made this for dinner tonight and apart from a little accident with the sweetener, i loved it! OH did too!

hiya ive just looked for recipe for mushy pea curry found yours very easy thank you.wondered if you are louisa?its helen from s.w?thanks again making it for teaxx:):):):):)
Found this on another site , might have to try

3 cans of mushy peas
1 can of baked beans
onions and mushrooms (as many as you like)
1 tablespoon of sweetener
curry powder to taste ( i use the schwartz mild curry powder as im not good with spicy foods)
fry light

brown off the onions and mushrooms in some fry light, then add all the rest of the ingredients and leave on the heat for approx 20-30 mins. If you find the mixture to thick just add some water.

I haven't tried this recipe but I've tried another version of this where you use tinned tomatoes instead of the beans. Must admit, although it sounds revolting - it's YUMMY!

Even my hubby loves it although I think he enjoys the reaction from people when he tells them how it's made even better! LOL

My grandaughter loves it with the SW chips and is none the wiser that she is eating "healthy" food.

Back