My 10 Week TS Bali Bikini Diet

So have just made an authentic ragu sauce to serve with tagliatelle tomorrow. It's for hubby, and our neighbours who've been away on their boat for the past 5 months, and are returning home tomorrow.

The recipe came from an Italian cookery show I saw last week. Not sure who the female presenter was, but it was a nice programme. Despite the fact that I'm eating nothing, and am unlikely to eat any pasta again, I will be watching the rest of the series and enjoying the lovely footage of Italy.
Apparently authentic Bolognese ragu does not contain tomatoes or garlic - who bloody knew? Not me that's for sure! So I've just made it with bacon rind, onion, carrot, mince, red wine, beef stock and tom puree and it simmers for 90 mins. And you're supposed to eat it with tagliatelle not spaghetti because the latter is too thin for the sauce to stick to. Wow, all those years I've been doing it all wrong!

Last edited:
Did you see the hairy dieters on thurs? They made lasagne with a layer of blanched, un ravelled leek instead of pasta - Inspired! will def make that when low carb.

Last edited:
The documentary about IF was great. So much so that Mr Wonderful wants to join me on Tuesday and Thursday fasts as a matter of course, once we're eating on our new regime.

Yes, that's what we were saying whilst watching it. You and I will be starting on our new IF/low carb journey with good levels already. I must learn how to say 'no rice' in Indonesian!!

Last edited:
Here's a thing from my work calender
'Happiness is the halfway station between too much and too little'.
Now ain't that just the case, in many ways, but in food too?

Will be cooking the meal for the guests in the not too distant. Have only needed a bar so far today. Will make ice cream for my meal, then force something else down later.

LOL you two are so twins! :D

Yes, everyone enjoyed it and thought the ragu sauce was very tasty. I made my ice cream a few mins too early and put it into the freezer for about 10 mins, it was bloody lovely!
Another day at 100% for me, very happy, but am seriously looking forward to the new way of eating. Not because I'm desperate to eat, I just can't wait for the new routine and way of life. The shakes would make the fasts easy, but I think for me I will continue to go without breakfast, as i do currently, cup a soup for lunch, another for tea, plus coffee and water during the day. I think that might keep me going.

Have checked the book, he writes alot about it, but essentially says the fewer calories you take in on your down days (fast days) the better off you'll be. This is the case particularly if you aim to lose weight.
He's goes on to say that if you then can keep your calorie intake to no more than 20% of your normal, then that's the ideal. Others tweak it to a level that's manageable for them. In maintaining, he has gone up in increments to 50%

Last edited:
Yes, it keeps me amused.
Man, today has been so dull. Work very quiet, home now and I've done some housework to get that over with.
His wonderfulness will be home at 4, so then I'll have a mate again!

Only had my bar so far, which means I can have ice cream tonight. Last night I made it a new way, it was AMAZING! I did 2 vanilla packs, a cap full of vanilla extract, 8 ice cubes and a splash of water. Whizzed and whizzed and whizzed, put it in a cereal bowl and froze for around 20 mins ish. When I took it out it was the consistency of clotted cream. Kind of a thick, firm top layer and slightly looser underneath. It was the dogs wotsits!!

Yes, it's great. Yesterday I managed to go til 1pm until I had my bar at work. Then about 7 pm had my ice cream with my last 2 packs of the day in it. Felt nicely satiated all day. I kinda don't want to check the vanilla extract cos I don't want to see alcohol in the ingredients! Will do it now though.

Aaaaagh, bloody vanilla has alcohol in it. How flippin annoying, I hate that vanilla one without it. Nothing makes it palatable except extract, pah.

I should abide by the rule that if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is! I am still in ketosis though - phew!

Back