My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Well done - that's a great loss. You're so motivated and now you've started educating yourself as well as you know that you will never even be the weight you were yesterday again - let alone at the start.

Well I started educating myself from the start really, bit by bit. So by now I have a pretty good wealth of knowledge regarding food and exercise.

And thanks you! :) It was a surprising loss :eek:

Hahahaah so I broke the strangest goal in my list... I now fit into the XL Boxers which I got for Christmas but could no damn way fit into.

I am wearing them right now, no doubt they are a little tight but they certainly fit. They feel and look great so I am glad I fit into them now, as ones from before are so baggy now. They were even quite big when I started so 35lbs later they just are not suitable anymore.

But yeh, my mother will be happy that her present can now be used :p

As for the rest of the goals, I should be achieve the under 20st one very soon. I am 3.1lbs off from breaking it. Hopefully get it in the next two weeks!

Two big goals are to reach the half-century and reach my birthday goal, 268. Which is 15lbs away, which will require me to lose 0.8lbs a week to achieve. That should be achievable as long as I don't plateau!

Last edited:
Oh and when I first got the boxers, at Christmas, I was 305lbs. So that's a good 22lbs since then.

I was kind of sad when I didn't fit in them, so I feel great! Kind of a silly goal really but personally it was quite significant :)

Kind of a silly goal really but personally it was quite significant :)

Ha it's not really that silly of a goal. A lot of people, myself included have/had goal clothes that they wanted to fit into. The only difference is that you can't really go prancing around in your goals to show them off :p

Or maybe you could....

Ha it's not really that silly of a goal. A lot of people, myself included have/had goal clothes that they wanted to fit into. The only difference is that you can't really go prancing around in your goals to show them off :p

Or maybe you could....

Hahaha good point!

So I went to the pub yesterday and had my first night of drinking since New Years, had 4 pints with a mate of mine. Luckily I hadn't eaten much yesterday.

So I went to the pub yesterday and had my first night of drinking since New Years, had 4 pints with a mate of mine. Luckily I hadn't eaten much yesterday.

Well done alex x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

From Saturday evening up until Tuesday, I had drank barely any water whatsoever. So I was interested to see how much water weight I had gained, so I weighed myself on Wednesday morning to see I was 286.8! Amazing, impossible I could have gained 3.8lbs of fat in 3 days. I think the water weight fools a lot of people that they haven't lost weight a lot.

I now know how to get rid of most excess water, drink minimum of 3 litres each day before weigh-in day, so the body anticipates more water and releases the current excess water in anticipation for more being consumed. Don't drink water 12 hours before weighing yourself and bang, most excess water is gone!

So I will be very interested to see if I can lose 3.8lbs of water weight with this method this week haha

Unfortunately on a VLCD we're all too aware that if we don't drink enough water - the body retains water (PANIC! There's isn't enough!!) and the same goes with drinking too much.
On top of that - losing weight too quick can ALSO have that effect - some weeks I can gain 1lb or not lose anything at all while being on 700 calories per day... (fat cells lose the fat, but due to the shock (or something...) fat cell fills up with water instead GRR!)

The body is a tricky thing, but the more you know, the more level headed you can be about it all. So good on you thinking it all through properly! Well done!

Looking forward to your results on Sunday.

x

Very interesting Minerva!

I weighed myself today and I was 284.4, so after one day of drinking more water I am now 1.8lbs lighter from just one day haha

I am sure I will be lower tomorrow and Saturday then be a stable weight by Sunday :)

What's your nick on mfp? I'll add you x

REV94 I think. But I don't communicate at all on there though, I just check calories and that is it :p

REV94 I think. But I don't communicate at all on there though, I just check calories and that is it :p

Well I will add you and you can communicate with me :D x

Weigh-in results, 282.6.

So not a huge as recent results, but a loss is a loss and I am always happy with that!

Well done Alex! You're getting dangerously close to the next target on that list of yours ;)

x

Indeed I hope to reach it by the end of April!

Back