My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Wow! That's a really good loss Alex! Well done for being so determined and your focus and hard work!

Thanks you all for your nice comments! I appreciate it so much :)

Fanbloodytastic - enjoy your treat day, once it's planned and accounted for then you'll have no probs - says the woman who gorged on a tub of ben and jerry's after refusing chocolate all day. Stupid thing is 9 times out of ten if you offered me ice cream I'd refuse it but got feeling a bit down and lonely and bam ... head in a tub until I could see the bottom. Guess what, afterwards I was down, lonely, bloody furious with myself and felt sick. Good to see some self control! Go you.

It happens to all of us. We all lose self-control and give it to something we shouldn't be eating at some point! Chin up :)

It happens to all of us. We all lose self-control and give it to something we shouldn't be eating at some point! Chin up :)

Thanks darlin' - chin is well and truly up - I refuse to let it become a double one again! Did my swimming, 3 all but killed me 500m rows to see what sort of time I could pull (2.08 was my best so going to try it once every few weeks see if can get it under 2 mins), some ab work and a kettlebells dvd. So sort of feel redeemed.
Have a great week.

Well done that man :D you have proved to yourself you can do it! Let that spur you on when you have down days! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done that man :D you have proved to yourself you can do it! Let that spur you on when you have down days! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This day will be the best day to look back on if I need motivation, I feel so good right now!

Best day of my weight loss so far! :D

So happy for you Alex :D You're a massive motivation to everyone on here :) x

Awhhhh I salted it up big time last night! Damn I am so dehydrated today, gunna drink so much water hahah

I probably over did it yesterday but I don't feel guilty, I knew I deserved it. I didn't carb it up too much but I had a lot of fried chicken, so a salt-mania!

Today I feel great, apart from the dehydration! I am so up for losing weight this month, cannot wait to get started!

I am returning to weekly weigh-ins again. I think I will make cheat days a once-a-month thing now, like this month was. So it is pretty much back to the normal routine again, exercise 3-4 times a week.

I will probably do a 100% month again soon, or maybe a 100% fortnight! It paid off for sure!

Hey Alex, hope you're well and being good on the diet :) Are you keeping Monday's as your weigh in days now?

I am doing great :)

And no I will change it back to Sunday again!

Thought I would share my core bits of food that allowed me to lose 10 pounds last month.

1. Wholemeal bagels - I had one of these nearly every breakfast and lunch. I had a bacon/egg bagel in the morning a few times, and a chicken or ham bagel for lunch. They filled me up so much more than a regular sandwich. The density of the bagel just fills a the hunger hole so much!

2. Lots of chicken, after each workout I had some chicken. Chicken drumsticks, chicken slices, chicken anything! 90% of the meat I consumed was lean meat.

3. Water, water, water, water.

4. Twiglets and Sunbites are the bomb! They cure hunger for a low calorie intake, what's not to like? They don't taste bad either. They were my main source of snack. If I ever wanted something sweet, I had a Kit Kat. For 107 calories I found them very useful and will continue to eat them.

5. Sainsburys Be good to yourself meals are pretty great! 365 calories for a chicken korma and rice meal, which is decent in size, is just fantastic. Not very high in salt either considering it is a curry.

That really is the main core of my diet, I eat loads of other stuff but the above is my regular food. Just checking the calorie intake and keeping tabs on it, I eat pretty much each anything I want. As long as I do not go over 1750 calories per day.

Bah one of those nights where I could not feel sleepy. Spent the whole night watching TV :( Can't sleep now or it will mess up my body clock, so gotta pull through until tonight.

So I am drinking red bulls to keep me awake when the day drags, at midday. Gunna have a few unhealthy things today in order to help me stay awake. I will definitely stay below 1750 calories though.

Weigh-in results... 2.8lbs!!! Wow, did not expect that at all. Considering this week was on 6 days because of the 100% weigh-in on Monday.

I would have happily taken one pound but nearly 3 lbs, that's a gift :)

It is obvious I am just going through a good moment with the weight loss right now, it is coming off pretty easily atm. But I have got to stay prepared for disappointing results or even gains. Jan until the end of February was a bit of a nightmare, constant gains and not many happy results. I know this will happen again, it always does!

As long as I am ready for the disappointment there is no stopping me. But for now, I am on fire!

Fantastic loss! That's soooo motivating! You are doing all the rights things Alex! I'm thrilled for you. You know I read this morning about a 20 year old girl fighting for her life (she has cellulitis infection) apparently and she was in the press a few years ago weighing 46st at her heaviest and at 15 years old she weighed over 30st I think. She went to the USA to a boot camp and lost a good amount of weight but gained it back which is so sad as I guess she felt she didn't have the support she needed. It is scary that one so young could be enabled to gain so much weight. I guess we all have to take responsibility at some point in ourselves for our weight even when it is an eating disorder (eg. bingeing , comfort eating which is what I did (and probably would still do without trying to fight it).

Fantastic loss! That's soooo motivating! You are doing all the rights things Alex! I'm thrilled for you. You know I read this morning about a 20 year old girl fighting for her life (she has cellulitis infection) apparently and she was in the press a few years ago weighing 46st at her heaviest and at 15 years old she weighed over 30st I think. She went to the USA to a boot camp and lost a good amount of weight but gained it back which is so sad as I guess she felt she didn't have the support she needed. It is scary that one so young could be enabled to gain so much weight. I guess we all have to take responsibility at some point in ourselves for our weight even when it is an eating disorder (eg. bingeing , comfort eating which is what I did (and probably would still do without trying to fight it).

Yeh it is so sad :( It happens so much where people lose a lot then end up gaining and being heavier than before. People like her are simply food addicts. Food can be as addictive as drugs. When they are so young it is even worse. 30st at 15, damn she never really had a life to live :(

Thankfully I don't think I really had a food addiction. I comfort ate for sure, but my ignorance and naivety was the reason. I educated myself a lot since I started, and I don't really feel any urge to comfort eat carbs anymore. Thanks for your support Kira, you are a star! :)

Alex, you are the star young man! Can't wait to see a pic of you once you are at goal! I suspect you may not grow taller (then again you might) but you'll be slimmer and even more handsome! I have no doubts that maintenance will be a breeze for you!

Well done - that's a great loss. You're so motivated and now you've started educating yourself as well as you know that you will never even be the weight you were yesterday again - let alone at the start.

Alex, you are the star young man! Can't wait to see a pic of you once you are at goal! I suspect you may not grow taller (then again you might) but you'll be slimmer and even more handsome! I have no doubts that maintenance will be a breeze for you!

Well you don't stop growing until 21, so I still may. I think my weight during the teenage years stunted my growth, 5'9'' is pretty small considering nearly all the males in my recent family have been 6'+. So when I lose a lot of the weight I may perhaps grow a little :D

I am not worried about maintenance. It will be weird when I reach my goal, I have always had a chubby face. Even when I was fit when I was very young I still had a chubby face. So it will be weird looking in the mirror! Better but weird!

Back