My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

I was going to get on my soapbox and tell you "Bad boy!! Pizza Hut Pizza of all things!!" ... but then I read back and ... actually you were very calm and careful. You know the calories in it and you know that it's a treat... SO - *gets off soap box* well done you! We do indeed all need a treat every once in a while and you are in FULL control! :D Very inspiring!

When I want a pizza - on very rare occasions I do order it... Sometimes I opt for a shop oven pizza because calories are more clear cut... but more often than not I get a Warbuton's square wrap, chuck some tomato paste, cheese + toppings I want and it works out even more healthy. :D

If you want to completely experiment and go wild with super healthy pizza - there's a cauliflower crust recipe : The Lucky Penny: The BEST Cauliflower Crust Pizza! ... dare you to try it ;)

x

Since Day 1 this was a lifestyle change, I still eat junk each week at some point. Mainly on Sundays. I want 95% of my food to be healthy/for weight loss, and the other 5% to be a treat. It is a balance that I have been doing for the past 6 months and the dieting aspect for this whole time has been easy because of it!

I know... pizza is the worst option out there. So many carbs, salt and fat. But hey... I burnt off at least 800 calories today from exercise so I do not feel guilty hehe

Yes, Nestle is my favourite chocolate. I did feel realky sick after I'd eaten them though - maybe they're really NOT for girls, lol. ;) xx

Surely Yorkie got in trouble for that slogan, because that is kind of sexist haha

I think they did at some point.

All chocolate is good but I usually would never go out my way to get my hands on it. More of a savoury snack person! Munching big bags of Doritos was my biggest problem!

Hey don't be knocking pizza... it's the tastiest thing ever :D ... well after freshly baked bread ... *drool* ...

TBH - I only consider SUGAR to be evil and I would gladly cut it out of my life (apart from fruit of course). I've long ago stopped eating sweets and I feel so much better for it. Haven't touched chocolate/etc for years now. :)

Buuuuuuuuuut bread/pizza style thing on it's own on special occasions - yes it's bad, but not going to send anyone into a mad spiral like sugar does. So no reason to give up what we love, so long as it's moderately enjoyed :D

Hey don't be knocking pizza... it's the tastiest thing ever :D ... well after freshly baked bread ... *drool* ...

TBH - I only consider SUGAR to be evil and I would gladly cut it out of my life (apart from fruit of course). I've long ago stopped eating sweets and I feel so much better for it. Haven't touched chocolate/etc for years now. :)

Buuuuuuuuuut bread/pizza style thing on it's own on special occasions - yes it's bad, but not going to send anyone into a mad spiral like sugar does. So no reason to give up what we love, so long as it's moderately enjoyed :D

Sugar, I never really ate much anyway. I rarely have any now. I barely eat any natural sugar either. The only refined sugar I will consume these days is from a Powerade that I have before workouts sometimes.

Sometimes I have Alpen cereal bars that have chocolate on them. But other than that... zero sugar :p

REV23 said:
Surely Yorkie got in trouble for that slogan, because that is kind of sexist haha

All chocolate is good but I usually would never go out my way to get my hands on it. More of a savoury snack person! Munching big bags of Doritos was my biggest problem!

Lol, I think they still use it, but I just laugh as anyone with a sense of humour would - how the hell could anyone get precious about something like that?! :D With you on the Doritos too, preferably dipped in humous!! xx

Lol, I think they still use it, but I just laugh as anyone with a sense of humour would - how the hell could anyone get precious about something like that?! :D With you on the Doritos too, preferably dipped in humous!! xx

My local coop always used to do 2 for 1 80% of the time on Doritos bags and dips. Always used to get the big bags and the salsa dips... delicious!

Okay so doing a 100% week this week. Workout each day and keep calories around 1750 each day. Should burn 700 extra calories from my workouts.

So that is a minimum of 1450 calories burned a day. Multiply by 6 days, that is 8700 calories burned in a week. Divided by 3600 (a pound), then that is 2.4lbs that I should theoretically lose this week.

I'm going to push myself to the limits this week, I know I will get the loss I want! 42.8lb loss means I would be a third through my weight loss.

Same here - much prefer savoury. I get sick of choc if I eat too much but could happily graze my way through Pringles, pizza, pasties, and other such naughtiness. Now I make do with aldi cheese curl crisps :D they are the BOMB :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm going to push myself to the limits this week, I know I will get the loss I want! 42.8lb loss means I would be a third through my weight loss.

Go for it Alex! You have the best mind-set for this whole lifestyle change. I know far too many people who want to loose weight and go crazy depriving of themselves of anything nice. They tend to manage a week tops and if you even suggest just eating healthily and making better choices as opposed to dieting it's like you're asking them to cut off a limb! Many people would rather see instant results than accept that being healthy is a life long commitment.

Congrats as well for getting under the 20st mark :) x

Go for it Alex! You have the best mind-set for this whole lifestyle change. I know far too many people who want to loose weight and go crazy depriving of themselves of anything nice. They tend to manage a week tops and if you even suggest just eating healthily and making better choices as opposed to dieting it's like you're asking them to cut off a limb! Many people would rather see instant results than accept that being healthy is a life long commitment.

Congrats as well for getting under the 20st mark :) x

Some people have the strength to deprive themselves which is remarkable. But I think 95% of first time weight losers go all in effort and deprive themselves of everything. That's why I think weight loss is always considered difficult. And you are right, many of them quit within the first weeks or months. I know I did when I used to try to lose weight! I used to deprive myself of everything and force myself just to eat salads... I got so sick of it and gave up.

Thanks, being under 20st is awesome!

Probably just did the most amount of exercise I have ever done in a two hour period. At least the most in the last 8 years...

20 minutes high intensity cycling (interval)
30 minutes high intensity rowing (interval)
45-60 minutes of basketball

Today is so hot... I don't think I have sweated this much before I can say that for sure! I am very tired, I hope my muscles won't be in pain tomorrow.

Time to relax in the sun. :happy036:

Nightmare morning :sigh:

Wanted to get another good workout in the morning, did 12 minutes on my indoor bike and then the handle snapped. It is a very old bike, around 12 years old. But it is annoying, gunna have to wait to get a new one now.

My Dad uses it a lot, so he won't be happy when I tell him :eek: But I guess we can get a nice new bike now, the old one really was falling to pieces anyway.

So I was about to move onto my rowing machine, but I did a few push-ups first. Then all of a sudden, I got a nose bleed. I have a history of nose bleeds since I was very young, I had surgery on my nose when I was 8 or 9. It came back a few years ago and now I get nose bleed spells in patches.

This is a nightmare because it was a bad nose bleed, but even after it heals up, any increase of blood circulation will cause another one. So that is the workout finished there and then :(

Annoying but oh well. Will try and play some basketball later or something to get some exercise, 12 minutes on the bike only burned like 150 calories.

Probably just did the most amount of exercise I have ever done in a two hour period. At least the most in the last 8 years...

20 minutes high intensity cycling (interval)
30 minutes high intensity rowing (interval)
45-60 minutes of basketball

Today is so hot... I don't think I have sweated this much before I can say that for sure! I am very tired, I hope my muscles won't be in pain tomorrow.

Time to relax in the sun. :happy036:

Well done mr!

Lol @ the sweating. I hate it!!

:/ grr to crappy morning. New fangled bike = new fangled you :) Sorry to hear about your nose bleed :( good that you are being sensible about it and not pushing yourself. Take it easy. 150 cals burned is a good effort for 12 mins and a morning workout will keep your metab going all day so that's the positive look at it. Enjoy b ball :) x Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Lou :) It should be a nice afternoon and evening so will enjoy bball later!

Just got to hope the old man doesn't go crazy when I break the news of the bike LOL

Thanks Lou :) It should be a nice afternoon and evening so will enjoy bball later!

Just got to hope the old man doesn't go crazy when I break the news of the bike LOL

Your dada should be proud his boy is working out like a maniac so much that the bike broke!!

He may be a bit mad but that's a parents usual reaction. My son breaks things all the time, and I show about 30 seconds of mad but I know he didn't do it on purpose so I don't stay mad.

You could offer to pay half maybe. If you buy one online, find one you like then go to flubit.com or (co.uk) and follow the instructions and you could get a discounted price. It's great :)

Or, if you want me to have a look for a discount code for you, let me know where you are buying one from and i'll have a look. I'm the discount queen :D

If you go to your dad armed with discounts and solutions then he won't be mad for long x

Your dada should be proud his boy is working out like a maniac so much that the bike broke!!

He may be a bit mad but that's a parents usual reaction. My son breaks things all the time, and I show about 30 seconds of mad but I know he didn't do it on purpose so I don't stay mad.

You could offer to pay half maybe. If you buy one online, find one you like then go to flubit.com or (co.uk) and follow the instructions and you could get a discounted price. It's great :)

Or, if you want me to have a look for a discount code for you, let me know where you are buying one from and i'll have a look. I'm the discount queen :D

If you go to your dad armed with discounts and solutions then he won't be mad for long x

haha my Dad always thinks he knows best. If we got a new bike he would find the most expensive and time consuming way to do it aka go to a sports store that is 45 minutes away and spend hours finding one he likes.

Now I must go to work to break the news to him (i work for my dad).

haha my Dad always thinks he knows best. If we got a new bike he would find the most expensive and time consuming way to do it aka go to a sports store that is 45 minutes away and spend hours finding one he likes.

Now I must go to work to break the news to him (i work for my dad).

Lol typical dad then :D

It must be a joy working for him!

Good luck xx

Lol typical dad then :D

It must be a joy working for him!

Good luck xx

Indeed, very typical. He's still stuck in the 70's :p It's a great first job, and I enjoy it for sure!

Just read through some of your diary. Well done on your weight loss so far! I also frequently break the handle on my exercise bike (straight out of the 60's) and keep having to screw it back in! :mad:

Back