My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Hi Alex! Great thread, very inspirational and so much info from everyone! I'll definitely be following your journey.

I'm a fellow gamer (used to play WoW as well), what do you play these days?

And... Ryvita with Philly rocks :drool:

Hello Rakelnahe! You are the first gamer I have met on here :p

I used to play WoW too! I was a pretty hardcore addict though :eek: Played a lot of Wrath of the Lich King and a bit of Cataclysm. God I spent so much of my teenage years on that game... but I regret nothing. The raiding, the in-game socialization, and the fun... I regret nothing! Think I tallied just over 100 days of gametime :eek:

These days I just stick to the Xbox 360 because all my friends play it. Over 2012 I was playing a lot of RPGs really. Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Kingdom of Amalur, Fallout New Vegas. Also thoroughly enjoyed Far Cry 3.

Now I am just waiting for GTA V. Open world games are probably my main cup of tea, whether they are an MMO, RPG, FPS etc. I love sandbox games so much!!

What do you play these days? :D

Good luck with your weight loss, I am going to check out your diary now! :D

So today, wasn't fantastic. Due to my sleeping problem I had to drink 1l of energy drinks to keep myself awake. I never touch energy drinks apart from when I have to stay awake, and they do work. But I can just feel my heart pumping hard when I drink them, they are probably the worst kind of thing anyone can drink.

Also, my family had an Indian today. It wasn't too much though. I stayed under 2000 calories today which is good.

Anyway, like I have said, I am buzzing for the beginning of Week 12. I don't think I will even have a cheat meal on Sunday, I want a big loss on Week 12. I am going to try workout everyday, eat no junk at all, and be super strict.

I am so determined to break the 300lb barrier. I think my weight plateau will end in week 12.

Week 12 Plan

- Exercise for 40 minutes, each and every day.
- Stay under 1800 calories, each and every day.
- Do not consume any soda whatsoever. (this will be tough)
- Drink a minimum of 2 litres of water each and every day.
- Do not consume any high carb, fat or sugar foods each and every day. (so no junk food AT ALL)
- Get into a good sleeping and eating pattern for the whole week.

Thanks again for all your support. I will probably be lazy tomorrow, but come Sunday I am going at the weight by the scruff of the neck.

Okay so I am not fussed by the weigh in tomorrow. Expecting no loss or little gain, due to the fact I have done no exercise at all.

BUT, regardless of what happens, I will get a good pointer at how much of an effect exercise has. If I gain 1lb, then I know exercise is definitely vital and that I will need to do a lot of it.

If I stay the same weight, then I just do not know what to think. If I lose weight, then my I know my weight plateau has broken and that I will make a big gain on Week 12's weigh-in.

It is 5am now, so I will probably be posting my results at 2 PM. I will need a good sleep. And yes sometimes I stay up VERY late. I have sleeping issues that I am always trying to control.

For some reason, I want a gain. I think it would motivate me even more. It's not even that I have been lazy this week, my diet has been good. Whatever the scales say, I am so motivated to work hard this week. I want to to finish 3 months of weight loss with a few lbs next Sunday.

Done the weigh-in, using a digital and an analogue scale. They both have different readings.... which is best to believe?

The digital scale, which I have been using to weigh myself this whole time, says 303.6lb... so apparently I gained.

The analogue scale however, says I am 21st 6lb. Which is 300lb exactly.

Which should I believe?

REV23 said:
Done the weigh-in, using a digital and an analogue scale. They both have different readings.... which is best to believe?

The digital scale, which I have been using to weigh myself this whole time, says 303.6lb... so apparently I gained.

The analogue scale however, says I am 21st 6lb. Which is 300lb exactly.

Which should I believe?

It doesn't matter, just pick one and stick with it, make that your base for next week. I recalibrated my weight this week because I had some new body analyser scales that read a few pounds different to the old ones. At the end of the day you can't know which one's your correct weight. Obviously in terms of week on week, just be consistent. xx

It doesn't matter, just pick one and stick with it, make that your base for next week. I recalibrated my weight this week because I had some new body analyser scales that read a few pounds different to the old ones. At the end of the day you can't know which one's your correct weight. Obviously in terms of week on week, just be consistent. xx

I guess I will just continue using digital then like I have from the start.

Okay so this week was a 0.4lb gain. Was kind of expecting it, obviously it is vital I exercise.

So this week I will exercise 5 days at least, perhaps 6 days.

Hey hun

What diet are you doing? And do you have a food diary? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow you have done amazing, congrats!

I just calorie count and keep it balanced. 1800 a day.

I do not have a food diary, no.

Last edited:
Hello Rakelnahe! You are the first gamer I have met on here :p

I used to play WoW too! I was a pretty hardcore addict though :eek: Played a lot of Wrath of the Lich King and a bit of Cataclysm. God I spent so much of my teenage years on that game... but I regret nothing. The raiding, the in-game socialization, and the fun... I regret nothing! Think I tallied just over 100 days of gametime :eek:

These days I just stick to the Xbox 360 because all my friends play it. Over 2012 I was playing a lot of RPGs really. Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Kingdom of Amalur, Fallout New Vegas. Also thoroughly enjoyed Far Cry 3.

Now I am just waiting for GTA V. Open world games are probably my main cup of tea, whether they are an MMO, RPG, FPS etc. I love sandbox games so much!!

What do you play these days? :D

Good luck with your weight loss, I am going to check out your diary now! :D

Hey Alex :) I don't really play much these days... the guys I used to played with kinda flaked out! But I've played tons of free MMOs out there. My favourites have been Lord of the Rings Online and Allods Online :)

I hope you're doing well! Don't get discouraged by any small gains, you seem to be doing everything right so you'll reap the rewards eventually!

Hey Alex :) I don't really play much these days... the guys I used to played with kinda flaked out! But I've played tons of free MMOs out there. My favourites have been Lord of the Rings Online and Allods Online :)

I hope you're doing well! Don't get discouraged by any small gains, you seem to be doing everything right so you'll reap the rewards eventually!

I am not too discouraged, it's just a plateau it will end eventually!

Hi - nice to see someone still putting the effort in. The wheels well and truly fell off my wagon over the New Year and then birthday but facing the music with a gym assessment tomorrow.
Stick with it and the scales will suddenly catch up - I had a couple months were I put in the effort and had stay the sames 2/3 weeks then suddenly 2/3 weeks of 2-5 lb losses with nothing that different.

Hi - nice to see someone still putting the effort in. The wheels well and truly fell off my wagon over the New Year and then birthday but facing the music with a gym assessment tomorrow.
Stick with it and the scales will suddenly catch up - I had a couple months were I put in the effort and had stay the sames 2/3 weeks then suddenly 2/3 weeks of 2-5 lb losses with nothing that different.

I haven't been a saint either but still, the scales definitely hate me.

I am just waiting for the big losses to come in now :)

I haven't been a saint either but still, the scales definitely hate me.

I am just waiting for the big losses to come in now :)

And they will come :) I'm following if you don't mind. Needing some inspiration :D

And they will come :) I'm following if you don't mind. Needing some inspiration :D

Sure that's awesome! I will try my best to inspire!

Thanks for your support :)

Quick update.

My diet has been decent this week, haven't overeaten at all. Only issue is perhaps that I have eaten more bread than usual.

Still haven't knocked all the soda out. But still, compared to the last few years where I only drank Pepsi. I guess I am doing good. Water consumption is still high.

Not sure if I have knocked the plateau yet. I toned down the exercise this week. Perhaps 40 minutes nearly everday was too much.

25 minutes of rowing is 450 calories, I think that is a good amount burned. So 25 minutes, 4-5 times a week is a good start.

Anyway, hope you are all doing good with your weight loss.

Back