My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Fab loss, glad the calorie tweaking worked for ya! So great to see you still going on strong after all this time, you must feel amazing! What have your friends and family said? I bet they can't believe it's the same old Alex! x

Hah it really isn't that difficult! If you're really fed up with being obese once and for all, and find a method that suits you, it is easy! But thanks :)

Exactly this. We all have our own weightloss struggles but your head has to be in the right place and you have to be prepared to do whatever it takes to get the end result. I've been that person who said 'but I have a party coming up/but I don't feel well/i did extra exercise' and that's why I am still significantly overweight. This time my head is there and I am hoping my body will follow............

Fab loss, glad the calorie tweaking worked for ya! So great to see you still going on strong after all this time, you must feel amazing! What have your friends and family said? I bet they can't believe it's the same old Alex! x

Yep, it worked a treat!

I constantly get complimented by friends and family :) It's a good feeling. Sometimes my parents say "you're like a completely different person", in which I reply "Nope, I am the same person just smaller". Quite funny really :)

Exactly this. We all have our own weightloss struggles but your head has to be in the right place and you have to be prepared to do whatever it takes to get the end result. I've been that person who said 'but I have a party coming up/but I don't feel well/i did extra exercise' and that's why I am still significantly overweight. This time my head is there and I am hoping my body will follow............

I was just so sick of that body, I had enough. I always said to myself "I know I will lose weight one day", and finally it's happening.

It's all a mental struggle. Sometimes I give in - a lot actually - and eat too much. But if I do, I just shrug it off and say "Meh, it happens". I kept my mental frame of mind casual but determined at the same time. Taking it easy has been my main ingredient for the success thus far!

You learn a lot about yourself once you're a few months in, also learn a lot about food and understand how your body reacts to it The first few months are the toughest, once you're past the first stage most people are unstoppable! You can do it.

Wow! Wise words from one so young! I'm envious I don't have that 'attitude' in middle age!! (Er! Youthful middle age that is!) I'll keep trying to follow suit though Alex!

you are looking fab in your profile pic and I hope Sunday's weigh is a good one! Look forward to tuning in for you update!

Wow! Wise words from one so young! I'm envious I don't have that 'attitude' in middle age!! (Er! Youthful middle age that is!) I'll keep trying to follow suit though Alex!

you are looking fab in your profile pic and I hope Sunday's weigh is a good one! Look forward to tuning in for you update!

Hehe thanks Kira!

Yeh I hope for a result, but I may not get a good one thing week. Gunna say why in a separate post now!

Right so this week I haven't been great. I got the new Xbox One gaming console on Sunday and I've been gaming a lot - as it is my favourite past-time.

So obviously I haven't been too active this week. Which isn't a big deal. But my food hasn't been great, not been near 1500 a day like I did last week. Been around 1800 or above.

With the poor form this week I hope I can still get a good result if I stay strict in the last two days. I did play football earlier and I am knackered from it, so that helped.

So 1500 for Friday and Saturday and I should get a loss! I don't regret being lazy though, this week has been good fun as a gamer. I'll only regret it if I gain weight which I doubt will happen.

Mmh!! (Kiran frowns and gives that look only a mother of a teenager could) Xbox? ! I say no more!

I did the same and said the same to my 17 year old son after parents meeting(he's in 6th form doing A levels) he got a D in chemistry A level! He knew why, I knew and the teacher knew why!! So I said nothing!

In your case Alex this week of rest is no bad thing and you will continue as you were. We have to have a live with a balance and you young man will achieve that I know. I'm pleased you enjoyed Xbox one.

Gained 0.2lb, but I accept that for not working hard enough this week.

If you're going to be lazy, you gotta be ready for the consequences! It really doesn't bother me. On to a better week :)

Hey! That's not bad! It's really almost a STS! Tell me is the xbox one really worth it? My boys wanted one for Christmas but DH has said no (even though he plays xbox too!)

Hey! That's not bad! It's really almost a STS! Tell me is the xbox one really worth it? My boys wanted one for Christmas but DH has said no (even though he plays xbox too!)

I put pretty much all my spare money into it, but I'd say yes it is worth it! There aren't many games out for it right now, that's the only issue. I love basketball so the basketball game is keeping me very occupied for now.

If your boys just want a gaming console, I'd suggest getting the Playstation 4 instead as it is cheaper. But the Xbox has so many apps on it too, it's more of an entertainment console than just a gaming console :) Either way, both are definitely worth it!

It seems my DH has bought the Xbox for the boys (himself) to replace the existing Xbox 360 as it has some kind of glitch when they play the games. And boy to they have a lot of games!! I think that's probably why DH didn't want to get the new Xbox one.

have a great week food wise!

Been pretty strict this week but all my food has been pretty bad. None the less I kept within 1500-1800 calories, more towards 1500 each day. No exercise this week unfortunately, but I am optimistic I'll get a loss of some sort.

As for Xmas, I am not sure what I am doing. I certainly want to indulge on Xmas/New Years eve and day. Debating whether to just have a week off from Xmas Eve until New Years Day. Not sure yet though!

Good luck Alex!

It's a hard decision about Christmas isn't it. I think you're in a position where if you want to have a week off then you are definitely entitled and should not feel guilty. But, you will most likely see a gain which could be bigger than you expect and you will just need to be 100% certain that it won't derail you. As we all know, getting back on can be the hardest part of all.

Could you maybe give yourself a weight buffer and, for this one week, weigh yourself more often and if you go above your set out buffer then you cut back a bit?

Christmas is definitely a tough one! What I usually do is have 3-4 days off plan, but get back on it in the intervening days so I'm keeping in touch with being good, lol. Having a whole week off would definitely be dodgy for me, apart from the fact your weight can easily shoot up by about a stone in that space of time, if only temporarily! :) xx

Only had 5 hours sleep, so was worried it would ruin my weigh in. It may have hindered it but I still lost one pound, which I am happy with!

Yeh guys, thanks for the insights. I am not sure what to do. Nothing will derail me now but a whole week off and I could gain a lot of weight. Which is still worrying!

If I gained say, 3lbs, I wouldn't mind. I'd say it would be worth it.

I'm thinking a whole 8 days from 24-1st, keep it fairly sensible from the 26th-30th. Indulge on the four special days.

I think I'd be ready for any consequences, I really do love the festive period, too bad food is quite a big part of it! (for me anyway!)

Well done on the loss! Yes I agree the festive period is a tough one and so easy to gain weight. I think eating whatnyounwant on the fours days is a good plan and being stricter on other days should balance out the calories. That way any gain will be small and manageable?

Well done on the loss, Alex! :)

I'd definitely recommend still logging your calories on any days off. That way you stay aware of what real damage you're doing and it makes you think twice about that extra mince pie, lol. You can also work out roughly how much "real" weight you will have put on, so that when you get on the scales and your weight has gone up by at least half a stone or more (and it will!), you'll know that half of that is water weight that'll drop straight off. That way you don't get TOO pissed off, lol. That's what's worked for me so far anyway - I set a calorie budget of, say, 10,000 extra calories, so I know I won't end up with more than 3 pounds on. :) xx

Thanks guys.

It's gotten to a point these days where I know my limits. So I think I could get through it without gaining too much. Not sure, I will decide when it comes. I may not even be in a mood for eating too much anyway!

I am drinking on Xmas Eve and New Years Eve, which I really want to do as I don't drink any other time in the year other than my birthday OR the odd special occassion. Just a case of the results leading up to Xmas week, if they're bad then I will stay quite strict.

Back