My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Hehe welcome back and thanks a dozen :)

Lost 0.4lb this week, not what I was hoping for.

Maybe I've hit a plateau or something. A 19 year old man should be losing weight on 1500-1800 calories per day, granted the cheat day too but I didn't eat a huge amount last Sunday.

But it's still a loss so it's okay, hopefully the weight starts going off faster soon.

Hi Alex! Frustrating, isn't it? Plateaus happen to the most dedicated of us as we approach goal, unfortunately. Maybe it's time to lose the treat day now? Reduce it to a cheat meal? I try to just have something I enjoy at the weekend, like some cookies, rather than a whole day off plan. Do you know what your TDEE is at the moment? Mine's now only about 1,800, so I have had to create a larger deficit to lose anything. Also, as people who've lost a lot of weight, we'll always have to eat around 20% fewer calories than "normal" people, for the rest of our lives, just to stay at the same weight, which is a bummer but needs to be taken into account.

Onwards, you've done fantastically so far and can definitely lose what you've got left!! :) xx

Hi Alex! Frustrating, isn't it? Plateaus happen to the most dedicated of us as we approach goal, unfortunately. Maybe it's time to lose the treat day now? Reduce it to a cheat meal? I try to just have something I enjoy at the weekend, like some cookies, rather than a whole day off plan. Do you know what your TDEE is at the moment? Mine's now only about 1,800, so I have had to create a larger deficit to lose anything. Also, as people who've lost a lot of weight, we'll always have to eat around 20% fewer calories than "normal" people, for the rest of our lives, just to stay at the same weight, which is a bummer but needs to be taken into account.

Onwards, you've done fantastically so far and can definitely lose what you've got left!! :) xx

What does TDEE mean? haha

I was thinking of losing cheat day, I may have to tone it down A LOT. This week, if it's a poor loss or gain then I will change cheat day.

I will check out that series tonight for sure after I play football :) Thanks for the info too!

REV23 said:
What does TDEE mean? haha

I was thinking of losing cheat day, I may have to tone it down A LOT. This week, if it's a poor loss or gain then I will change cheat day.

I will check out that series tonight for sure after I play football :) Thanks for the info too!

Lol, sorry, calorie counting jargon - Total Daily Energy Expenditure. The amount of calories you burn in a day taking into account your activity level, age, weight and gender. Just Google it and you'll find a calculator. Sometimes you just need to make a few changes to kickstart things again, but you've done so fantastically, and been such an inspiration to people on here, that I know you'll find what you need to do to get into full flow again. :)

That series really is interesting, especially the one that was on this week (episode 2). It's American, but obviously the problems they have over there are more or less replicated over here. I must admit I'm loving the usual New Year explosion of weight loss programmes! :) xx

Last edited:
Alex it is a loss and that is good. Well done. I think Tracy's suggestion is a good one. Fit to Fat Radio (google it) has various calculators and the military body fat calculator is a good one too. The more weight you lose the TDEE will change too.

Tracy I will take a like that and interesting that if one has lost a significant amount of weight that the TDEE level is lower than someone who is naturally a slim person or a little overweight. I didn't know that and I agree what a bummer!

Kira said:
Alex it is a loss and that is good. Well done. I think Tracy's suggestion is a good one. Fit to Fat Radio (google it) has various calculators and the military body fat calculator is a good one too. The more weight you lose the TDEE will change too.

Tracy I will take a like that and interesting that if one has lost a significant amount of weight that the TDEE level is lower than someone who is naturally a slim person or a little overweight. I didn't know that and I agree what a bummer!

I know, it's not fair is it?! ;) in the programme they said you either have to eat fewer calories for life, or up your exercise to compensate, but you can never go back to the same net calorie intake as a "normal" person or the weight will just creep back on again, which is why most people fail to maintain weight loss. We won't though, will we guys?! :) xx

No we will not :D

Apparently my TDEE is 2477, without any exercise.

I think I just need to calm down on my cheat day. I can't get away with eating tons any more. I ate around 3000 calories last Sunday, but I exercised and burnt at least 400.

So if I try to stick with 2500 calories on my cheat day, I think I'll be alright. I think I will lose weight this week :)

I decided to weigh myself today, because I'm eating out with my best friends tonight. So tomorrow's weigh-in will probably be ruined by the salt intake of tonight. So I think weighing myself now is logical.

Anyway, somehow I lost 4.6lbs this week! Amazing, very happy with that.

I will still weigh myself tomorrow though :)

Well done!

Thanks guys.

Probably had some water weight last week or something. Plus my cheat day wasn't too much food. So I am gunna keep it stricter on cheat day from here on out.

I shall indulge, but won't push it :)

Alex that is great going. Well done! Gosh you are soooo close to goal now! To think where you rated off at this time last year! Amazing!

Alex that is great going. Well done! Gosh you are soooo close to goal now! To think where you rated off at this time last year! Amazing!

Indeed, I could have lost a lot more weight. Good thing speed wasn't a worry of mine.

It is so bizarre. It's weird how much life can change in a year. Thank you for your support along the journey :)

Right, so I am going to do something super extreme. Maybe a bit crazy. Something that I am sure will nearly be impossible. But anyway, here we go.

The Detox Challenge

I'm a going to try something new this week, not a permanent thing. Just a challenge. Test my limits and experiment. Honestly, I have had a cold for like two months straight. It is driving me nuts. Lack of vitamins and smoking is likely the cause for my failing immune system.

I always wanted to do this, never did. So here we go. Here are the aims for this weeks challenge. I call it a detox, just so it sounds a bit fancy. But hopefully it will make me feel better.

5 DAYS OF:

- No red meat.
- No smoking.
- Fresh food only (no fast food, no junk at all)
- Cook all my meals.
- Incorporate plenty of vegetables and fruit in meals and snacks.
- No dairy products.
- 100 push-ups per day.
- Only allowed to drink water.
- Work out at least three times on rowing machine.

Okay, this is crazy. I know. Typing this right now, I know I am setting myself up for failure. But screw it, I am willing to try and test my willpower. I repeat, this is just for one week. To experiment, see how my body reacts to it. If I succeed at this, it will probably be the 5 days of my life. I may weigh myself again on Saturday. Depends if I decide to do an extra day.

The toughest part will be no smoking, no dairy and water only. I am not trying to quit smoking right now, just these 5 days to try and test myself.

This is going to be so difficult. I will do a daily update or something. Can't believe I am going to attempt this haha

You are truly amazing! I absolutely take my hat of to you! Whilst on one hand it seems extreme on the other it is a realistic challenge and you will still be eating "real" food and not completing depriving yourself. It is a true test of the mind, the brain muscle and I think you will succeed because you want it.

Only one question re taking out diary products is where will you get calcium? It's still early morning so I may not be firing on all cylinders!

Go Alex! Go!

ha!ha! Yes, there is a little bit of craziness in the challenge but hey! it's testing! Tracy you are looking great in your profile pic! Those cheekbones! And only 5 lbs to go!

You are truly amazing! I absolutely take my hat of to you! Whilst on one hand it seems extreme on the other it is a realistic challenge and you will still be eating "real" food and not completing depriving yourself. It is a true test of the mind, the brain muscle and I think you will succeed because you want it.

Only one question re taking out diary products is where will you get calcium? It's still early morning so I may not be firing on all cylinders!

Go Alex! Go!

It's gunna be difficult, looking forward to cooking some tasty fresh meals though. I just said no dairy because my Dad has had issues with dairy before. So many there is a hereditary thing going on or something.

But dairy isn't a big deal anyway, I don't eat much cheese, cream or milk.

Back