My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

It's gunna be difficult, looking forward to cooking some tasty fresh meals though. I just said no dairy because my Dad has had issues with dairy before. So many there is a hereditary thing going on or something.

But dairy isn't a big deal anyway, I don't eat much cheese, cream or milk.
Dairy can also exacerbate bronchial problems as well - green veg (watercress, broccoli, pak choi) are all good sources of calcium, as are almonds (almond milk perhaps but look for the unsweetened stuff) and sardines - tinned (bleurgh!)
I've hedged my bets by getting a multi vitamin though as have been a bit run down as well.
Good luck - have you got your menu planned? Not getting caught out is key to success.

Kira said:
ha!ha! Yes, there is a little bit of craziness in the challenge but hey! it's testing! Tracy you are looking great in your profile pic! Those cheekbones! And only 5 lbs to go!

Aw, thanks Kira! I'm managing to put the Christmas gain behind me now and motor on towards target, lol. How's things with you? :) xx

Plodding really and thinking I've had enough of vlcd combined with real food but I find it easier too stick to calorie wise andi still have packs left. They're like a crutch almost. However, I'm determined to shift this last 10-14 sooner rather rather than later.

Dairy can also exacerbate bronchial problems as well - green veg (watercress, broccoli, pak choi) are all good sources of calcium, as are almonds (almond milk perhaps but look for the unsweetened stuff) and sardines - tinned (bleurgh!)
I've hedged my bets by getting a multi vitamin though as have been a bit run down as well.
Good luck - have you got your menu planned? Not getting caught out is key to success.

I am not getting into it too much, I just want to eat more veg and fruit this week to try and get rid of this cold!

No bread and dairy will hopefully help too.

Kira said:
Plodding really and thinking I've had enough of vlcd combined with real food but I find it easier too stick to calorie wise andi still have packs left. They're like a crutch almost. However, I'm determined to shift this last 10-14 sooner rather rather than later.

You definitely will hon, you've done so well! I must admit I really couldn't do meal replacements, food is too important to me, lol. :D xx

Right so I have failed one aim already, yes smoking. Got awful withdrawals, worse than I have ever experienced. Major headache and some disorientation. So I had one.

But compared to my usual 7-10 per day, I am not too fussed about it. I knew this would be the hardest part.

On a more positive note, I went on a 3.7 mile walk to get healthy groceries. Burnt a good 400 calories. Got a app on my phone which is basically like a pedometer and measures steps which is useful.

Today I had two oranges. Then a large meal consisting of rice and chicken. Made my own sauce made from hot sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and honey. Tasted awesome.

So apart from the one cigarette, a good start to the week :)

Rev! Bloody good job on your weightloss and I'm really looking forward to seeing how you get on with your detox. Things like that could have major benefits on your overall health. Good plan!

I accidentally pressed on page 3 rather than 99 when I came through to your thread, but it was really interesting to read some of your posts from a year ago. From my perspective, as someone who's got a long way to go,mots really interesting reading the posts from the person you were then when you still had so far to go! It spurs me on. :) are you still planning on visiting your friend in Norway when you hit 200lbs?

It's* ... Not mots :rolleyes:

Rev! Bloody good job on your weightloss and I'm really looking forward to seeing how you get on with your detox. Things like that could have major benefits on your overall health. Good plan!

I accidentally pressed on page 3 rather than 99 when I came through to your thread, but it was really interesting to read some of your posts from a year ago. From my perspective, as someone who's got a long way to go,mots really interesting reading the posts from the person you were then when you still had so far to go! It spurs me on. :) are you still planning on visiting your friend in Norway when you hit 200lbs?

I was going to visit him months ago, but there aren't any direct flights to Molde airport from Gatwick. I'd have to go to Oslo and wait hours for a flight to Molde. Considering I've never taken a flight by myself before, it would be a nightmare :/ So no probably not unfortunately, hopefully in the future at some point because Norway is a place I'd love to visit!

The fresh food aspect is going food at the moment, nice to eat more veg for once! My cold is getting a bit looser so I think it is working :)

I'm glad you find the old posts interesting! Might give them a read now, I like to look at my mindset from the beginning. Time has flown by, it's weird to think I have been doing it this long! I'm sure you will be in the same position as me soon!

In other news, if I do well this week I could reach my century loss. Now that would be awesome! 3.2lbs is possible if I work hard for it which I plan on doing :)

Wow, reading through my posts from this time last year. I was really struggling and getting a bit frustrated. Good thing I hung in there haha

I was never gunna give up though, no chance. There is a point where someone has had enough of being overweight once and for all and that was what happened with me - most of you experienced it too. Then determination and willpower just comes with that frustration.

You really did chip away at those pounds and it was that chipping away that got to here. So close to that 100lbs loss! That's a whole little person, or child even! Amazing! ER! I think it's my ten year old you;ve practically lost!

Ah what a shame! Could he not meet you in Oslo? Same, Norway is number one on my bucket list. Well, the northern lights are and if I could pick where I see them it'd be Norway :)

Yeah, that was what was so good about reading it. Goes to show that if you have a week with a little gain or whatever, then not all is lost. Very inspiring.

Best of luck hitting that century loss! Amazing.

Just popping in to see how you're doing. As ever you dont dissappoint, big well done as always! Hope you get your century this week. Fingers crossed!

You really did chip away at those pounds and it was that chipping away that got to here. So close to that 100lbs loss! That's a whole little person, or child even! Amazing! ER! I think it's my ten year old you;ve practically lost!

Haha yeah! By the time I've finished I would have lost you!!

Would be nice to reach the 100lbs this week, but if it's in the next two weeks I will take that :)

Ah what a shame! Could he not meet you in Oslo? Same, Norway is number one on my bucket list. Well, the northern lights are and if I could pick where I see them it'd be Norway :)

Yeah, that was what was so good about reading it. Goes to show that if you have a week with a little gain or whatever, then not all is lost. Very inspiring.

Best of luck hitting that century loss! Amazing.

Probably couldn't :( Plus I can't even afford to go anywhere right now. But still, one day hopefully.

Indeed, gains are part of the journey. Thanks for your support!! :)

Just popping in to see how you're doing. As ever you dont dissappoint, big well done as always! Hope you get your century this week. Fingers crossed!

Cheers :) Probably won't reach it this week tbh but if I could get close I would be very happy!

Right, so I won't lie. The detox challenge was an epic fail haha! I screwed my sleeping pattern up, and when it came to everything I just couldn't do it. I ate a very good diet for the first part of the week, then it went back to crap for the second part. Although I was in the calorie goal still! Screwed up smoking side of it and the exercise of it. So I will scratch this off one of my failures!

That aside, it has been a good week! My calories have been decent all week. I have drank more water this week, so that is one thing I did well with. My cold is still here but I think it's beginning to go now.

So I will weigh myself tomorrow, may turn Saturday into weigh-in day. Because me and my best friends get a takeaway each Saturday. I stay within my calorie deficit but the salt usually screws up the Sunday weigh-in. And of course Sunday from now is going to be way less of a binge.

Weigh-in result tomorrow, if it is a poor result, I won't get a takeaway and instead I will go on the rowing machine and try and get a good result for Sunday. If it is a good weigh-in then it's all good!

Hoping for at least 2lbs, would be amazing to get 3.2 to hit the century of course! Would take a one pound loss though.

Actually you know, if I am like a pound away from my century tomorrow. I am going to put as much layers on as possible and go on the rowing machine, try and sweat out an extra pound haha!

I want it bad! But yeh... cya :p

Back