My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Kira said:
Alex that's a great approach and life it too short to put things on old just because we are trying to lose weight. Besides, you have done so well and the odd night out is not going to make you gain a stone of fat! Enjoy!

Tracy your pics are brilliant! Alex is right, there is a glow about you in the "after" pics though you looked pretty good before as you can tell you have great skin! You look younger in the after pic too and I think it's because you lost the weight gradually as the danger of quick weight loss (not for all) can be to look a little older in the face? Mind you it is all to do with genes I suspect and how ones skin is. Anyway, you were gorgeous before but I have to say you look amazing now! And very healthy.

Thank you so much, Kira, that's really lovely, makes a middle aged woman feel great to get a nice compliment! :) xx

REV23 said:
Right so I've made a decision that will probably screw up my weigh-in.

My best friends are going to a chinese restaurant today. We don't eat at restaurants very often, this will be the first time in fact. So I decided I'll go.

The salt intake is going to screw me over, but I guess I'm prepared for the consequences and that's all that matters. I'll weigh myself on Sunday this week not Saturday, so at least I can have a strict day tomorrow I drink plenty of water to try and get rid of the water weight.

I'll drink plenty of water today as well, hopefully it will help.

Like Kira says, you've got to live your life, and going out for meals occasionally is part of that. You're doing so fantastically well and have such a great attitude that it's not going to do any harm and you should just go and enjoy yourself - any gain will be mostly water weight, as you said. Have a great time! :) xx

I had a great time guys, thank you! I had a major salt hangover, seriously the next morning was horrible. I actually felt hungover from all the salt haha

But anyway, not good new, clocked in at 222.8. Gained 1.2lbs. I have no shadow of a doubt it's water weight, but I did eat more this week than I should have done on some days. Like I was on 1500 calories then succumbed to an extra 300 calorie snack, that sort of thing.

Anyway I'm sure it will be gone next week, gunna drink plenty of water all week, keep my sodium intake low, and stay at 1500 calories! Then I am sure I'll be successful.

Plus my cheat day last week was probably a bit more of a binge then it should have been. But oh well, it's cheat day today but I probably won't eat very much. Having a small roast (literally just gunna eat beef and roast potatoes), then after football later on I will have a big mac or something! Will probably be 2500 calories today which is what I think is perfect for a cheat day.

But yes, onwards and upwards. I still feel great regardless, mainly cos I can just feel water weight on me atm haha

Alex doing great and the odd gain now and again is more likely to be water gain as you say. Hope you have a great week this week.

I really want to reach my original goal, funnily enough the 1st of June is a Sunday. So that will be the weigh-in day.

15 weeks to lose 32.8lbs which is 2.1ish lbs per week. So I will need to work hard in these final weeks.

I know once the goal date approaches I will work really hard. I need to start going very strict again if I'm going to reach it. So I will try and stay at 1500 calories every day and keep the cheat day very strict.

If I failed to reach my goal and lost a stone by then I'd still be very happy, I want 14 stone so badly!

REV23 said:
I really want to reach my original goal, funnily enough the 1st of June is a Sunday. So that will be the weigh-in day.

15 weeks to lose 32.8lbs which is 2.1ish lbs per week. So I will need to work hard in these final weeks.

I know once the goal date approaches I will work really hard. I need to start going very strict again if I'm going to reach it. So I will try and stay at 1500 calories every day and keep the cheat day very strict.

If I failed to reach my goal and lost a stone by then I'd still be very happy, I want 14 stone so badly!

You can do this, Alex, and we'll be here cheering you on (right, Kira?!). :) xx

YESSS!! You can do this!!! I wonder if you can have smaller cheats on cheat day? Maybe call the once a week day off plan day and have a little of what you fancy and only have "cheat day" when you are going out with friends on night out like the Chinese meal night?

just wondering if an extra push is what you need? Nah! You've done fab they way you are doing it so ignore me! Just keep,doing what has worked. You'll do it, I know.

YESSS!! You can do this!!! I wonder if you can have smaller cheats on cheat day? Maybe call the once a week day off plan day and have a little of what you fancy and only have "cheat day" when you are going out with friends on night out like the Chinese meal night?

just wondering if an extra push is what you need? Nah! You've done fab they way you are doing it so ignore me! Just keep,doing what has worked. You'll do it, I know.

That's sort of what I'm doing now! I just have a cheat meal instead of a cheat day with tons of snacks and other cheat meals with it. I can't afford to have a massive binge on one day anymore, at least not once a week. On occasion, yes of course hehe

Thanks guys, you two have been really amazing on here. Week in, week out you've been on here supporting me. I really appreciate it and will remember you both when I look back at this weight loss in the future for sure :) This forum really did help me out a lot, I appreciate all of you for the help and chats!

But today is a good result I guess. I decided to do the weigh-in today and I've lost 1.8lbs. Was hoping for a little more maybe considering I thought I gained just water weight last week. But any loss is a good loss, as we all like to say!

I am eating late tonight, so I thought I'd take the smarter option whilst I know all the water weight has probably gone. Drank tons of water this week so it should be gone. Didn't want to risk getting any back on from eating later. Not just because it'll be a salty meal, but because it will be at like 10pm. I would be setting myself up for a poorer result.

But yeh, 1.8lbs. I'll take that!

Woohoo, 1.8lbs is great, well done! And you're very welcome for any support I've given, it's been a pleasure to see your commitment and success! I've actually reached target today - a loss of 10 stone, bringing my weight to 11.5 stone, so I'm pretty chuffed with that. :) xx

Woohoo, 1.8lbs is great, well done! And you're very welcome for any support I've given, it's been a pleasure to see your commitment and success! I've actually reached target today - a loss of 10 stone, bringing my weight to 11.5 stone, so I'm pretty chuffed with that. :) xx

Haha thanks :) Wow fantastic, you must feel great! I'm very proud of you Tracy!

Oh! My!! What fantastic news to read today!!! Congratulations to you both!! I am sooooo very proud of you both!! It has been great following you Alex and Tracy and I shall continue to do so for as long as you guys are on Minis! It has been a real pleasure!

Alex you will definitely reach you target goal by June and I plan to shift the recent gain and finish off the job on my weight loss journey by June. I need to take a leaf out of yours and Tracy's book and get on with it! Can't wait for your weigh in next week!

Kira said:
Oh! My!! What fantastic news to read today!!! Congratulations to you both!! I am sooooo very proud of you both!! It has been great following you Alex and Tracy and I shall continue to do so for as long as you guys are on Minis! It has been a real pleasure!

Alex you will definitely reach you target goal by June and I plan to shift the recent gain and finish off the job on my weight loss journey by June. I need to take a leaf out of yours and Tracy's book and get on with it! Can't wait for your weigh in next week!

Thank you Kira! :) Think I'll be on Minis for a long time yet - I need that on-going motivation for sure!! In fact if I ever disappear, I need hunting down and dragging back, because it'll mean I'm slipping, lol. :) xx

Pleased you will be sticking around! I want to follow you maintaining and maybe I'll be joining you doing that eventually!? Just realised you have reached goal well before your set rages date of 18 April 2014! That's just brilliant!

Kira said:
Pleased you will be sticking around! I want to follow you maintaining and maybe I'll be joining you doing that eventually!? Just realised you have reached goal well before your set rages date of 18 April 2014! That's just brilliant!

Thanks again, Kira - I set that goal date because I'm in a challenge on another part of the forum, and my goal was to get to target by Easter, so I have got there 8 weeks early, lol. I'm sure you'll be maintaining in no time! How have you set your goal? :) xx

I've set my goal to 112lbs but want achieve a mini goal first of 119lbs (8st 7lbs) as not overwhelming for me that way. I did reach 8st 8lbs 8oz in April/May last year and maintained for a but but never made it to the 8st goal:(. I simply self sabotaged and clearly didn't want it enough.

I'm having another go at vlcd as I want to lose quickly (rightly or wrongly) and haves had a good day 1 today. Hopefully I can move on to good old calorie counting once I've lost a good few pounds.

Hehe well I've been pretty slow in the last few months. Mainly just slowing down now I'm reaching a normal sort of weight. And I'm okay with that!

Would be great to reach the goal but it will require some pretty hard work to do it, so I guess we'll just wait and find out :p

I am optimistic this week. Mainly because yesterday I ate barely anything. Not out of choice though! There was no food in my house at all. Plus my car isn't working so I couldn't go and get more. Hopefully eating so little hasn't screwed up my metabolism, it was just one day so it should be fine.

I have work tomorrow, and I'll be printing for about 5 hours straight of the day. Which is actually decent exercise, as I have to stand up. Also I've been drinking fair amounts of water this week so at least there will be no water weight of any kind.

Alex that won't affect your metabolism. See it as a fast day like in the 5:2 fast diet except you've done 6:1!

It's years and years of yo-yo dieting losing and gaining weight that can mess with ones metabolism so don't worry. Here's to a nice loss this week!

Back