My Atkins Diary.... here we go!

Your dad is doing so well you're great motivation for each other, so many people say you can't lose weight as you get older but he just shows you can. A few tomatoes and berries are probably doing him good, we all have something we need and if that's what it takes to stay on track that's great. Much better than my glass of wine ;) hope you have a good day at school x

hahah.. that's brilliant!! LOL.. thanks for that. I do try to get spinach in each day… not going to the park or to the water park! Doubling up my water intake.. Actually guzzled a 500ml bottle of plain water.. which is a phenomena as I can' stand plain water!.. Must have been thirsty.

Great day at school teaching Media and Economics. Love these kids. Love this school :).. very happy in my work. Just hope I can get permanent work there soon.

Quick check in
Breakfast: Atkins shake
Lunch: roast pork, Babybel, celery
Dinner: Bacon and scrambled eggs.. too late to do steak and veggies.
Water: not enough today
Exercise: running around school all day.. I literally don't sit down from 8-3:30! (Does that count?)

Frame of mind: mentally and physically exhausted, highly stressed, but focused on the diet. which is a good thing to have control over when all other control disappears!

Sleep: 2 hours *Sleep deprived today. .. think it's important to get a good night's rest.. so I'm going to add my sleep and stress levels too.. see how that impacts weight loss :)

Hope you've both had wonderful days

Last edited:
So, yesterday was a relief cover day in school. (covering Food Tech, great fun! and not tempted by the delicious baked goods the year 7s and year 12s created and kept offering me :) yay Go Me!

Anyway, very 'blocked up'.. not sure how to handle it. Increasing the water intake a bit more today. HOping that helps. I did take something last night before I went to bed.. but very little 'relief'.. eurgh! TMI sorry!
Plus!! my skin is AWFUL right now. I" ve had to get the Proactiv out again. I have god awful cyst type things on my chin and cheek!.. gross.. breakout central!.. Charming really.. having to deal with the onset of wrinkles just to be plagued with teenage spots!.. a BLEH day

Thursday's menus
Breakfast: Atkins shake
Lunch: Babybel, tuna with parmesan and garlic mayo (brushed my teeth prior to teaching after lunch! ha)
Dinner: Pork chop with mustard cream sauce, broccoli and green beans
Water: 1 litre
Exercise: nothing really today.. aside from walking around school.
Frame of mind: TIRED, no energy, still motivated with the diet but a bit disheartened with the bloated and 'fat' feeling today.

Onwards we go into today…out for lunch with my sister so probably a chicken caesar salad today :)

Morning Kizzie

So sorry to hear about the break out - I suspect it's all to do with the carb detox that comes with Atkins - I know it's disheartening but keep glugging the water and you'll soon have Hollywood skin :)

Ditto the lethargy - just try and imagine it's horrible carbs weighing you down, they will soon flush out and then you'll be leaping round like a kangaroo :D

Being blocked up - this is very common, we're fascinated by 'park' issues and members have all sorts of recommendations to help - increase the flax seed intake, spinach (always works for me) or other leafy greens - it's about getting more fibre in you that you would have been getting from carby stuff before.

Sxx

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips Susie. Maybe I'll make something with the flax meal tonight. I"m not a fan of it, but will eat some if it helps clean out my system! I'm going to book an appointment with my doctor about my skin. I have been getting odd cysts for a while now.. but particularly bad right now.. (most likely diet related I guess as this is a new factor).. so maybe my body really is reacting very differently to Atkins this time around.

So, today was lovely. Had a grilled day out with my sister. Had lunch, she ordered French Fries and felt really guilty that she was eating them in front of me.. I told her I'm fine and don't crave them. I want people to carry on as normal around me lol… anyway I told her french fries always smell better than they taste ;)… a mantra that helped me later on today too :)

After lunch we went to see "The Book Thief'.. we both loved the book and waited for the cinema to be quiet to enjoy the film. It was great.. Even better was the fact that I didn't have popcorn!… seriously, it's such a wonderful indulgence (especially in the US where they have melted butter to put on it.. ah bliss!!)… My norm is a large salt popcorn with butter, a bag of Maltesers (Jumbo size!! ) or Jumbo size regular M&Ms and a 'DIET" haha Cherry Coke!.. today.. as I'd eaten lunch.. I went in with NOTHING.. and just enjoyed the film… My mantra came into play.. I walked in the door of the cinema, smelt that wonderful popcorn smell and said "nah, it smells much nicer than it tastes", and actually here in Australia that's true. The popcorn sucks here (sorry Aussies ;) ) but it's always slightly stale and not hot, fresh and crunchy..

Saved myself a few times today. We had afternoon tea after the movie. I was SO wanting a flat white. I thought I wouldn't have tea as I always need a splash of milk and sugar.. I hate sweetener in tea with milk. I was even at the counter telling my sister, 'I'll have a flat white, bugger it, I've had no carbs today, surely the milk won't affect me and may boost my metabolism'…She just smiled and said "well, if you think so'… She ordered her English Breakfast tea… and the guy asked what I wanted and I blurted out "Early Grey please, with lemon on the side'.. haha… My sister laughed her socks off and I said it just came to me. I love Earl Grey without milk but with lemon and I could put my sweetener in it.. It was LOVELY! :)..

So the final score for today's 'out for lunch/cinema/afternoon tea'… Louise 3 vs Carbs 0 :) ….. 'I GOT THE POWER" ;)

Breakfast: Missed it as I was rushing about heading out to brunch
Lunch: Chicken caesar salad with parmesan shavings, anchovies, sliced boiled egg, bacon and caesar dressing (hold the croutons!)
Afternoon tea: Earl Grey tea with sliced lemon and Equal
Dinner: Crustless quiche and kimchi
Snack: Simply Less Dark Chocolate/Mint bar (2g carbs) one atkins indulgence caramel chew (2g carbs)

Good day. Just not feeling great within myself. Fat, frumpy, OLD… bleh.. still.. onwards and upwards. I survived a day out without falling for the temptations. *Pat on back for me :)

Oh. I have a new goal.

March 14th: I've been invited to the Year 12 Graduation Ball: I've a list of Year 12 boys who want to dance with me.. BLESS THEM!.. so I want to look FAB in my dress :)… Trying to think what a reasonable goal would be in 3 weeks.. 10 pounds? 14 pounds?
I think as I"m about 212 right now I want to get UNDER 200. I think 12/13 pounds is doable in 3 weeks… as long as I've lost this week.. I don't feel I have.. I had a sneaky weigh in yesterday and I was the same as last week :(.. will see what Sunday brings.

Last edited:
So the final score for today's 'out for lunch/cinema/afternoon tea'… Louise 3 vs Carbs 0 :) ….. 'I GOT THE POWER" ;)

:banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer: you so do, girl!!!! That's fab - and you are right, everything does smell better than it tastes, so a good mantra to have!

Re the cysts, I bet they are related to the evil carbs too - JG and I both suffer from boils caused by a carby diet, and I get cysts too, which scared the bejeezuz out of me until I learned how to tell if they were benign cysts or actual lumps.

Re tea, I carry a couple of herbal teabags round with me, and I have them at work - but I also know every coffee shop in a 10 mile radius that uses unsweetened soya milk :D

Re 14 March - the usual losses after week one are around 1-2 lbs a week, so why not say 5lbs and if it's any more that's a bonus?

Good idea Susie :).. 5 pounds is more sensible for sure.. rather than setting myself up for disappointment :)

As for coffee shops that do the unsweetened soya! what a fab idea!. I wonder if any of them do almond milk (I have an under active thyroid so can't take soy). I've often thought I should carry a little cool box when I go out! .. little container of cream ;) Might be something to look into.. ha..

How's it all going with you ?

How's it all going with you ?

All good here - my brekkie omelette was hugely filling and I could only manage half my lunch...:)

Off home shortly to meet the Police Safe Neighbourhoods guy and get advice about making the flat safer. I'm thinking CCTV and a submachine gun - but maybe that's a step too far...

Ha.. electric fencing would be a good option too !!..

Well, I weighed in today.. and sadly lost absolutely nothing. Still at 213. Keeping going though, but man, was I tempted by the open box of chocolates being handed around after dinner last night (for the guests).

I was strangely so tired yesterday, not sure what that was about. Maybe I'm coming down with something? I didn't sleep until 3am so woke up at 11.30am.. sat in the sun for a bit and had a swim. Then felt so tired I came in for a lie down.. which last two hours.(7pm) I forced myself up to make dinner for everyone.. and literally was back in bed by 9. Drained!… Thankfully though, my skin is slowly clearing up. My proactive mask has been a help.

So yesterday's food went like this:

Brunch: Flaxseed pancakes (I don't like flax but used some up so as not to waste it and to help with bathroom probs)
Snack: Pork rinds
Dinner: Steak with cauliflower cheese and 'coleslaw' (shredded cabbage, spring onions, garlic sauce and sour cream)
Water: 6 big classes of water with a splash of zero carb cordial
Exercise: very little (swimming)
Alcohol: None

Frame of mind: losing motivation. but NOT enough to quit…

Week 3 of induction: I'm coming at ya! Lean and green all the way. Hopefully that will help with the loss again..

Last edited:
Oh don't give up hope Kizzie - there could be all sorts of reasons why you haven't had a loss - I bet week 3 will give you a big wooshie loss! xxx

And well done on resisting the chocs!

Thanks Susie,

I"m cutting out everything SF this week. just to see if that is going to help. Really strict on water intake too..

Hope it's all going well for you too and that your flat is safe and sound now :)

have a great week

Louise

Good luck for this week. Read you sat in the sun and had a swim and did a double take until I saw where you live.:D

Raining here for the foreseeable future and a 6 hour power cut with the gale force wind. :(

Ah.. sorry about your awful weather conditions in the UK right now. I'm originally from the South West of England and see my 'home' being pounded by winds and storms. It's terribly sad to see. Stay safe and i hope the spring is on the way very soon!

Hi Louisa

Yes we're all very jealous of your sunshine :) Not so rainy here today, unlike Val, but still had more than enough - but on the bright side the daffs are springing up :)

Hi Kizzie, hope you can hang in there and you know it works. More importantly hope you get your energy back soon:)

It may be spring, it may be drier than it has been, but still would rather be in other hemisphere at this time of year!
Xxx

Thanks Katie. I think because it was so easy the first time I did it, that I'm a bit deflated at how hard it is this time. First time around I consumed cream, cheese, and splenda to my hearts content and lost 18 pounds in the first 2 weeks. This time around it seems everything is stalling me!.. I have to figure out how it will work with my body now.. So clean and green it will be and i'll add the sweetener if I need it and see if I stall again.. I was surprised at losing nothing week 2. hey ho… Serves me right for stopping and starting. I've read it's harder every time re-started..

NOT GIVING IN!.. Just won't be at goal for my holiday in April… I just hope my energy comes back, my skin clears up and I don't feel so sluggish by then! :)

If it makes you feel any better we're the complete opposite -in all senses of the word- here in WA. We've now been 76 days without rain.. it's over 30 degrees at night and far too hot. averaging between 35 and 40 during the day. Autumn is coming and i"m looking forward to some cooler weather! Having lived in the sun for 12 monhts of the year for the past 9 years I'm really ready for some good seasons.. Even thinking of booking a month in a log cabin in snowy Alaska next year!.. THAT"s how much I miss the colder weather! lol..

back off to bed.. 4.30am.. woke up at 2.30am… not good this erratic sleeping lark!

Check in with Day 1 week 3 tomorrow ;)

Back