My Atkins Diary.... here we go!

Oooh how did the hot cocoa idea work? It's amazing what we come up with when we experiment - as I said on my thread, once I twiddled the cheesecake recipe and got it right (at least, to my tastes) I felt like I'd discovered fire :)

Morning Kizzie, I should love pesto I know, but I just don't like it, I've been determined and tried many versions, but I just don't like it :(

Have you tried making pesto with a different herb Jim? Maybe it's the basil you don't like? You could try it with coriander leaves? not quite so potent but yummy all the same.

Ok. .. I'm on Day 14 and SHOULD be 14 pounds down as I was losing a pound a day.. but since day 12 I've not lost anything and can't figure out what it is I've done wrong... or have I plateaued this quickly? In fact I've gained 1 pound back.. ggr... **WARNING too much info coming up!** I haven't been to the bathroom properly for two days.. so that may have something to do with it.. but ggrr.. I'm exercising like a hoolie.. and really trying to control the carbs... I'm thinking my experiment with hot chocolate last night wasn't a good idea. I had 1 teaspoon of cocoa, mixed with boiling water and then cream to lighten it.. (plus two spoons of granulated sweetener)..... Any suggestions for kick starting again?.. upping the water intake?... cutting out the cream? the granulated sweetener. I"m staying under 20g of carbs.. I was just hoping for a better loss on my second week on induction....

**and actually. I emailed my personal trainer on Monday and told him I was 12 pounds down, he was so happy for me and told me my goal this week was another 4 pounds and that I could do it.. I think the pressure might have shocked my body into holding on!!... I"m not going to make 4 pounds by tomorrow.. but I"m hoping to have another big loss by the time I go back to Miami at the end of next week......

Onwards and Upwards!... still in the zone.. just want to check what I'm doing wrong.
Going for my poached eggs breakfast!...

**dinner last night wasn't curry.. but courgette soup and some slices of Serrano ham and chorizo.. (maybe the chorizo has carbs!! didn't check.. mmm??)..

Hot choc was good lady felsham!.. I added a cinnamon stick to it as well.. perfect before bed!

Sorry but I think expecting to lose a pound a day continuously is unrealistic! Just look at it as a bonus to kick start you. I don't believe even men lose 1lb a day on Atkins after the initial loss. You're focussed and you're losing but setting your expectations that high is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

That's probably what it is DietKitty.. I was enjoying the correlation between days and pounds.. I guess I was spoiled those first 12 days.. and couldn't put my finger on why it all of a sudden stopped.. ..

My expectations are still high. It keeps me on task and not to get complacent. But you're right.. 1 pound a day actually is crazy.. that would be 30/31 pounds a month!! lol...

thanks for the reality check!

ah well, now you'll probably stall for a little while, whilst your body catches up on what's happening Kizzie

Hi Kizzie. You have inddpeed done amazingly so far - give your body a chance to catch uo;) slow and steady is best for long term loss anyway
Xxx

Thanks Katie.. It was just so cool seeing a new pound GONE each morning!!!... then it stopped.. I guess it will start again.. as long as I don't put BACK anymore.. (i'm doing everything right so hopefully I won't!)..

Morning Kizzie love

I've stayed the same weight since Monday. So odd how your body just stops what it was doing! LOL.. I'm being gentle with it though.. although I am upping my exercise. I have so much time on my hands after work so I fill it with a few more walks.. swims... resistance training..

Breakfast today: Atkins shake
Lunch: Corned beef hash (no potatoes!.. and a few onions.. not too many).. no gravy.. with baby asparagus and butter to dip them in.

Must make my jelly today. I keep forgetting.. actually since Monday.. mmmm maybe JELLY is the key to weight loss on Atkins!! LOL.... still not really hungry.. but that's a good thing... Trying to up my water intake to at least 2 litres a day.

One week left in Spain and then it's back to Miami I go!.. Can't bloody wait..

'cos she's a personal teacher to a rich family's kids :D

HAHAHA.. Jim that's so funny!!.. LOL... yes Lady.. that is what I do... Wherever the family are going I travel with them. Makes dieting and sticking to exercise regimes hard.. but I do get to go to nice locations. :)

Back