My Atkins journey and learning to shred

Hi thanks for checking out your soya flour. I spend my life reading labels for allergies and now for carbs.

Cauliflower rice salad was lovely, can't wait to have it again.

The whole what's classified as a nut is totally confusing. Peanuts aren't nuts but legumes, however always lumped togetherwith nuts on labels. Ds can eat hazelnuts and pistaschio, but hard to find sources of them that manufactures are prepared to ensure not contaminated by other nuts. Ds appears to have problems with legumes, he can't eat garden peas ether, although baked beans cause no problems at all.

Todays menu-
Breakfast two hard boiled eggs sliced and topped with mayo and paprika
Lunch lovely salad, lettuce, tomato, yellow pepper and tuna mayo
Dinner hmmm can't decide, kids ate already so I'll think about what to do hubby and me while I do baths and stories:)

Dinner was a throw together kind of meal.

Fried mushrooms, peppers with mattersons smoked sausage (known as curly sausage in our house) and cauliflower rice. Piled high on plate and melted a little cheese on top. Yum:)

I love a good one pan dinner.

Evening all.Tried Holland and Barrett for soya but no go on the nut front :( had a mooch around for low carb treats. Decided that if I incorporate low carb treats I'll be on a slippery slope back to those grab bags of giant chocolate buttons that I used to polish off in one sitting. So just a new bag of ground flaxseed for me.Breakfast yummy today mim with grated cheese cooked in it, sliced and topped with butter.Lunch tuna salad again at workDinner Debbie and Andrew sausages, cauliflower mash and saladCauli mash was little unusual, chucked some left over brocolli in which made it a pretty mint green colour.Still shredding well half way through level 3. After I've completed it I think I'll try six week six pack. Think 6 weeks is ambitious as I am a classic apple and store most my excess weight on my middle.Weekend.....Yippee days off. Planning to take kids swimming tomorrow, with any luck the sun will shine and I'll get to potter in the garden too.

Lol, the joys of updating!
Know what you mean about treats, even low carb ones can set off the cravings.

Have fun swimming with the kids.

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

I'm trying to stay off all the sugar frees this time around too, at least as much as poss. They stall me and you're right, they're a slippery slope toward wanting the real thing.

Pound off Yippee :)

Breakfast two hard boiled eggs with mayo
Lunch chicken salad
Dinner smoked sausage, csuli mash and broccoli

Hungry now may treat myself to a cheese mim

Good luck with sourcing flour.x

Morning.

So happy today, can get into (and their comfy) size 10 jeans. I can only attribute this to the exercise I'm doing as I have not been a 10 at this weight before.

Congrats! Looks like the shredding is working. Maybe I should get over my fear and start!

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

Morning.

So happy today, can get into (and their comfy) size 10 jeans. I can only attribute this to the exercise I'm doing as I have not been a 10 at this weight before.

What excercise are you doing hun??

Fionut you must try it. Have you sat and watched it? I watched it on you tube before attempting it. Also I haven't gone mad doing it, if I struggle then I do easier method or take quick rest. This way I have built my fitness level up without over doing it.
Busybusy its a DVD by Jillian Michaels called 30 day shred. 3 twenty min workouts. 3 levels, you do for 10 days then progress to next level. I've never really exercised before but stuck to this. Today I am on day 7 of level 3. When I have finished level 3 I'm moving onto 6 week 6 pack. Watched it last night. Oh my, gonna be a challenge. Lol

Todays shredding done :)

Found much better to do before dinner, did it in the evening yesterday and I was so hungry after.

Todays menu-

Breakfast mim sliced with marmite (now loving Mims, think initially I struggled with anything egg like whilst I cut out the carbs. Now back to loving eggs and mims.)

Lunch cauliflower rice and shredded chicken stir fried, with big dollop of mayo

Dinner roast pork, cauli mash, green beans and peas.

Can you eat too much cauli, it features heavily in my menus?

Also thinking of using milk instead of cream. Only need it for things like cheeseburgar pie. Seem to waste more cream than I use.

Am scared to move towards owl, although a handful of pistachio would be a lovely treat ;)

Yeah, I've watched it on YouTube! Even level 1 freaked me out, all those jumping jacks!!!!

Milk is pretty high in carbs and lactose - which is a sugar. Stick to the cream if you can. You should only be having about 1 cup of cauli per day, which I think is around 120g but not sure... However if you count the carbs in the cauli and add it to your total I'm sure more is fine.

Back