My baby has down syndrome

What a difficult time for you. I am so sorry...but you know what.....it makes your baby even more special and I am sure that you will give it all the love and attention that it needs and deserves.

Take things easy and come to terms with your news....look after yourself and take each day as it comes. In years to come you will have an extremely loving child that you will love and cherish with all your heart.

God must have chosen you because he knew that you could give your special baby all the love it deserves....have faith and take special care of you. We are all here if you need us.

:grouphugg::patback:

My thoughts are with you at this time...

Please give yourself as much time as you need to take in the news...

Have found this link for you Down's Syndrome Association

Talking to other Parents in your situation will, I'm sure be of great help and support to you... as well as us lot on here :p

Take care of yourself and your lil un

love
geri
xxxx

You are in my thoughts and prayers.......wish you well!!!

You must feel very shocked and confused at present....
My thoughts are with you.... It is always hard when we find that our children have a problem that may affect their lives in a detrimental way....
But from someone who has two special children, please know that these feelings pass.... Your baby is special and is lucky to have you as his / her mummy.... take care and enjoy these early months as they are very special regardless of any label someone wishes to use!

I am sure you are feeling devestated right now as you come to terms with the news about your baby.....

I would just like to share with you something about a girl who lived by me when I was growing up who had downs..... she was the youngest of 4 kids and her mum treated her exactly the same as all the other kids... although she didn't go to mainstream school.....

She is late 30's now and she has, learnt to ride a bike, passed her driving test, has a job and a boyfriend too...

So whilst these first few weeks/months will be difficult coming to terms with the fact your child will be that bit more special and need a bit more attention.... there is a lot of positives for you to think about too..... like someone said get all the help and advice you need from the professionals and the real professionals who are the parents of children with downs.

Hugs to you and your baby....

hi

my son has downs syndrome, hes now 14 and hes so loving its unbelievable, yes its hard work i wont deny it but its really not that bad, i was devastated when i found out as i was on my own with him.

if u want a chat or any advice u can email me at [email protected] and ii can try to help as much as possible x

{{{{hugs}}}}

I can only echo what everyone else has said. Look after yourself, do plenty of reading up on what to expect.

I have an auntie with downs, she has just turned 40 and is the most amazing person. She has a better social life than me, she goes out with friends 5 times a week either swimming, to the local disco (for handicapped people), to the local pub (the staff know her and her friends and keep an eye on them, but the locals know them too and always chat to them). My auntie lives with my grandparents still and has a full, active and enjoyable life. She is very independant and only relies on my grandparents for a few things, she also has a part time job at our local council. They love her and hosted a huge party for her 40th. My auntie is very loving and always on hand for the best cuddles ever.

I don't mean to rant on about my auntie, my point is that downs syndrome children and adults lead fantastic lives when they are surrounded by wonderful people. You will be a brilliant mum to your beautiful little baby.

xxxxx

I'm sorry you are heartbroken hun! I sole care for my special needs sibling and i would not change him for the world, it does get easier.sending you love,healing and positive vibes ((((((((hugs)))))))

Hi Mama

I am so sorry that you have had such a shock. To hear that your baby will not be as you had hoped and expected must have been very hard to hear. But please dry your tears.

Bex has mentioned that my brother has Downs syndrome, he is a very special member of our family. He brought great fulfillment and much joy to my parents and us brothers and sisters. Downs people are so loving and lovable and lead full and happy lives. My brother is able to read and write and lives independently with support. I don't get to see him so often now as we live so far away but he came to visit me for the week last week and was wonderful company. We had a ball all week, went on a shopping spree and off to the gym each day. I really miss him this week and am sad that he is not a part of my life every week as I know I would feel more fulfilled.

After the blood test in two of my three pregnancies I was told I had high risk of a baby with Downs. I didn't go on to have an amnio to find out through as I didn't want the miscarriage risk of course I hoped my baby would be perfect but I knew that if I had a Downs that it would be wonderful too. I would have been much more sad to have been told that my baby may have a terrible physical problem or something that would have meant that the baby would suffer all their life.

A few years ago a young neighbour of mine had a baby with Downs syndrome she was only 26 so it was a real shock. Bethany was a beautiful baby and they were doing so much to help her be the best she could be. They certainly can do so much these days to make sure that they achieve everything they are capable of these days. Once Bethany's parents got over the shock they were very happy to have her.

You and your babie's dad really should do some research on Downs Syndrome I am sure you will be surprised as the outlook certainly isn't bleak. I know you will find some really inspirational stories. I knew of a Downs girl who ran a business with her mother and could even drive which I think is fantastic.

It is true that Downs babies seem to be born to special mothers or maybe they bring out that little bit of extra special there is in all of us. I wish you great strength and wisdom at this time.

Please feel free to PM me if you would like to.

Sleep well.

Dizzy xxx

so sorry to hear ur news..its hard to know what to say.

Linda.

Thinking of you...

Sending hugs and prayers your way:grouphugg:

Love Mini xxx

Back