my boyfriend is ruining this for me .

Nats1482

Does anyone else find this tough when they have a boyfriend./girlfriend

Last week i started back discovery was doing great lost a few pounds then the weekend came and he wants to drop into mcdonalds go for meals... etc.. i just dont know if i can do the plan this way. for example. we were in a chinese on friday night and he wanted us both to get starters we could share chicken skwers and chicken wings.

anyway after the weekend i gained all my weight back. im not blaming him but its just so tough when he wants to eat out 3/4 times a week. !

He also makes comments that i am starving myself because of my smaller portions.

Hi Nats, that sounds tough! Maybe you could start an exercise programmeand use the calories you burn to eat treats with your boyfriend,or have some banked in case you eat out? I think you need to talk to him and explain how important this is to you and maccie d's is off the menu! ALso you can eat out but he needs to have his own starter! Good luck.

hi thanks for your response.

well i have explained to him but he loves his food and us eating out together but i know if i hadnt got a boyfriend i be flying with this. ! yes i think ur so right about the exercise its a good way to earn extra treats. :) thanks

I feel your pain, my partner is so thin and he can eat whatever he likes :( Happily he is really behind me 100%, he hasn't cut down his food but he does come for walks with me and to the pool for a swim once a week which really helps and also it's nice to be able to spend the time together :) Maybe your boyfriend might be interested in helping you out in that way?

whenever I start a diet hun my boyfriend says the whole "you have to eat properly yada yada" thing. He's got a fast metabolism/can eat what he likes! It's hard but you have to say no. I only started yday, my boyfriend went to mcdonalds and I sat there with my diet coke :( but it'll be worth it just eat before you see him if you can! Good luck x

Hi,

I told my husband that we are going onto a diet (he can eat anything and never gain a pound) and he just smiled, said ok and then turned to the dog and said, we'll have to stock up the car again!
To be honest, id rather him go and eat a chocolate bar in the car, as long as it doesnt get near me, its fine.

Let your boyfriend eat whats he wants, but i bet after he sees how much youve lost, he'll start coming around !

Back