ProPoints My challenge to lose 10st in 15 months.

Had my second injection Sunday and my scan Monday. I had a blood clot going by what my blood test results told the docs but there was no clot found during the scan so they think the injections did the job.

I have to be careful to exercise my calves while I'm at my desk and elevate my feet when I get the chance. They've given me the all clear for now but anymore swelling or pain and I'm to go back to that unit for more tests. Bit of a to do really especially when my gp didn't take me seriously!

How are you jemima? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sending lots of love, look after yourself Scarlet, that is the most important thing :) x x

Morning ladies. So I joined my local Weight Watchers class last night and had the shock of my life. I haven't weighed for a few weeks and the exercise has gone out the window with my legs being so painful. I didn't think I had been that bad but the class scales say I am 30 stone. 30 frigging stone!!! Now I had a bit of an insight into what was coming because the hospital weighed me Saturday to get the dosage of my blood thinning meds right but I am mortified and so angry with myself. I need to take this seriously because I don't want to end up being bed bound and not being able to reach to wipe my own butt and if this keeps up that is the way I am heading.

From now on I am going to post my food every day and make a real effort with this. My other half Dai joined with me last night because I didn't want to go alone (bless him he's a good one) I'm hoping some friendly competition between us will spur me on and please ladies if I haven't posted my food can you give me a bit of an a*se kicking? lol

Right food for today is looking like this
Breakfast - 2x slices of Marmite on toast (7pp) and a cup of tea (3pp including all my milk for today for more cups of tea)
Lunch - Ham salad sandwich (15pp)
Dinner - Chicken breast (4pp) cooked in the ww sticky and sweet marinade (1pp) with boiled potatoes (6pp) and lots of veg

Snacks - Packet of skips (2pp), apple, banana and a ww double choc cereal bar (2pp).

40/62 dailies 0/49 weeklies x

Please do Cheryl! Kick my butt whenever you think I'm slacking I clearly need it lol

I'll eat more because I want to use all my dailies every day, I'll miss them as they go down so I might as well make the most of them hey? If we eat dinner around 4.30 ish as planned I'll perhaps have some toast or cereal for supper. Is that a welsh thing cos I never see it mentioned on diaries? X

Just having a quick read through gorgeous. Have been missing your diary in my life, should have realised sooner you'd started a new one *bangs head against desk*. I know how hard you've been struggling with diets lately, but I'm so glad you're thinking about your health and future in a positive way, you seem so determined. I shall be returning some of the love/a*s kicking here!

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble with your legs, I hope you're feeling a bit better, I think I've mentioned before I've got one of those under desk cycle bike thingy's, maybe you could try that out, easy to use whilst sitting on the sofa etc, small exercise but it's better than nothing and it'll help your legs.

XxX

Let the a** kicking commence!

Lovely to have you here hun. My legs was a blessing in disguise really, I had to sit on the ward where my bamps was shortly before he passed away and it's the anniversary of his death in a few weeks :( It made me think that although my bloods were fine apart from telling them I had a clot I can't risk being this heavy for much longer without getting some serious problems. I've been doing heel raises while I work to keep the circulation going but one of those under desk ones sounds like fun!

I am determined, I've got a bloomin gorgeous dress to get into next year and I hate admitting this but I am now the fat sister. I have never been bigger than my sister ever but my sister kept going to ww after I had to stop due to being preggers and lost 7 st. I put all my weight back on and more but she has only regained 2st. I know that makes me a horrible person for even thinking of it in that way but I'm younger so I have less of an excuse to be the bigger one. Lord shoot me now, this is what the internet does it makes us too honest lol xx

I know how you feel with that, my older brother has always been a rake, stick thin despite living on ships, chicken nuggets and cheese, I'm actually secretly enjoying (Not in a mean way, promise!) the fact he's gotten chubby lately!

Not just me then? Phew! haha

Brilliant first day yesterday tracked everything and threw out potatoes that were left over. I never throw away food I pick at it when I next go out the kitchen so that was a little victory for me :)

Today's grub..

Breakfast - 2 slices marmite on toast and a cup of tea (need to knock the 2 sugars on the head really) 7pp

Lunch - Ham salad sarnie (using 4 slices bread, cucumber, lettuce and tomato) 15pp

Dinner - Sausage Casserole (colmans mix with tesco healthy living sausages) 9pp
Boiled potatoes (300g although may end up less than this like yesterday) 6pp
Carrots and I'll throw some onions into the casserole with some brocolli on the side 0pp

Snacks - Craving crisps and not the low pp ones I want real crunch so I'm having a big bag of hula hoops (100g) from my weeklies 14pp
Milk for cups of tea 2pp

Will have to eat something else to use my dailies up oh the hardship lol Or I might use my hula hoop points as dailies rather than weeklies. Will see how today goes I like to leave room for an unexpected meal to jump into my mouth ;)

39/62 dailies and 14/49 weeklies used

I don't really get WW, but your day looks scrummy, you've given me a total marmite craving!!
XXX

WW is the easiest diet I've done and it makes me control my portion sizes which is needed cos if I like something I want a bucket load of it and up til now have had said bucket load :/ You can literally eat anything you like as long as you count it's points value and deduct it from your daily allowance (this is based on age, weight, height) and they give you some weeklies (same amount for everyone) just incase you need a few extra and any exercise you do earns activity points which you can "spend" on food or not which gives your weight loss a boost. I promise I'm not on commission!

I'm in hell at the moment. I've prepped our tea and cooked the sausages ready to go in the casserole. You don't have to but I don't like anaemic sausages poking out of the sauce and now they're cooked it's so hard not to bung one between some bread and butter with a dollop of brown sauce. I will resist though and am drinking NAS squash instead. I will master this willpower thingy :) xx

Evening ladies. Feeling proud of myself for being good at updating food this week. Today has been a lovely day with some naughty food but all accounted for.

Breakfast - marmite on toast (7pp) cup of tea (1pp)

Lunch - ham salad sarnie (14pp) big bag asda popcorn (12pp)

Dinner - 1/2 chicken fried rice, bag of chips and chicken with mushrooms from the Chinese and a wispa (6pp) for desert

Another cup of tea (3 including milk for both cups today)

To play it safe as I'm not sure of the pp values of the Chinese I'm counting my 49 weeklies and the rest of my dailies for today gone. Would rather over point the Chinese than under point. I need to buy the eating out guide to check this kind of thing. Hope you're all having a great weekend, I'm trying to decide on what to watch tonight as the mr is in bed early and for the second night in a row I have the TV to myself. Woooo hoooo!! :-D xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I would help but I don't have the guide either I'm normally googling. If you go to group don't you get online access now. Wouldn't the values be on esource or whatever they call it lol xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yeah got esource and the app on my phone but looked and looked and can only find values for chippy chips and the portion size for Chinese varies from place so it's hard to judge. Should've weighed everything really but I'm sure it's covered by my weeklies and the dailies I hadn't used xx

I hope so. I'll find out Wednesday lol I'm actually looking forward to getting on the scales xx

Thanks Cheryl I appreciate it.

So it's Sunday and I have been incredibly lazy this weekend. Done housework etc but nothing in the way of exercise. I want my legs fully back to normal before I start lumbering around on them and when I do I'm going to be brave and do 30 day shred. I've heard that it's very hard but if it was easy what would be the point eh? I want to get fit and I'm starting with Jillian cos well she's awesome and I'm having the DVD for my birthday in a few weeks. I'm also having a huge cake which I can't refuse because my best friend has already ordered and paid for it bless her and I'm just glad that there will be lots of people around to share it with as it's probably got a million points in it! It was meant to be a surprise but she's awful at keeping things to herself so I know that it's a cake in the shape of and decorated like the shirt of the rugby team I follow. They're where I get my username on here by the way, I'm actually called Lisa not Scarlet lol

Food today looks like this..

Breakfast - 2 slices of marmite on toast (7pp)

Lunch - Ham and tomato (14pp)

Dinner - Chicken Chasseur with boiled potatoes and lots of lovely carrots, onions, cabbage and broccoli (15pp)

Milk and sugar for cups of tea (5pp)

Snacks - Apple, banana and a packet of skips (2pp)

Have you noticed I'm quite a creature of habit? I tend to stick with what I like and only really change my main meal of the day because breakfast wise I'm not a lover of cereal and toast is quick and Marmite is sooo yummy and grabbing a sarnie is easy. Have Tesco delivering my food shopping Tuesday and have ordered some ww petit pains and other low point sandwich fillings to make sure I don't get bored. Day 4 of week 1 and have tracked everything I've eaten including 2 fox's liquorice sweets that I ate without thinking in the car Friday. So easy to pop things into your mouth and not think about it isn't it?

Left wiggle room for some toast or something later and I'm loving that I can do that and not going hungry at all. My dailies will decrease as my weight does so this way it won't be difficult shaving points off here and there xx

Sundays are meant for lazing! You know what my exercise is like, I flat out refuse to do anything on a Sunday unless it's a small leisurely stroll for some sort of purpose!

Jillian is HARD! I wish I could tell you it gets easier, but it doesn't - though she doesn't actually reccomend doing it for 30 days straight, who knew?! Apparently she reccomends having a break day inbetween but her marketing team wouldn't let her and changed the title!

Again your food sounds totally scrummy :)

Hope you're having a good day Gorgeous
XxX

Fantastic day so far, how's yours?

I want Jillian to kick my a** I want to be a red faced sweaty mess and after watching level one on youtube just now that's what's going to happen haha I know I can lose weight without exercise and part of me is thinking ooh do it when you're not holding 20st of lard on your back and trying to do jumping jacks but it's that attitude that got me this heavy so I'm taking a leaf out of your book and inviting Jillian over 6 days a week for breakfast :) I'll be expecting losses to maybe slow down when I start because of the muscles retaining water but the inch loss results will keep me going.

I've been a good girl and took my measurements Friday morning so I know my starting point. With ww they give you a free tracker every week where you write your food and activity, points used etc but I bought a 12 week journal from class as it has spaces for before and after pics, inch loss, there's a graph for a visual of your weight loss and space to write goals and things. The plan is to fill 5 of these before the wedding and by then I will be half way through my journey (so reality tv show sounding but don't know how else to word it) and it will be kinda nice to look back and see how far I have come on days where I feel rubbish because I've still got so far to go. Aiming for 10 a month between now and the big day do you think that's do-able? Pretty sure I'm going to think I'm on the Biggest Loser ranch and getting double figures every week cos I'm working out with Jillian so you might need to give me a reality check every once in a while lol

Food for today is looking like this...

Breakfast - 3 slices of toast (was mega starving so 10pp) Milk for cups of tea and sugar (5pp)

Lunch - Chicken breast (6pp) Weight Watchers frozen chicken hotpot (6pp) Green cabbage and broccoli (0pp)

Dinner - Colman's season and shake BBQ chicken (half sachet 1pp) Chicken breast (6pp) Boiled potatoes (6pp) Broccoli and Carrots (0pp)

Snacks - Packet of Skips (2pp) Wispa (6pp)

48/62 dailies used

Aiming for as much water and NAS squash as I can drink but have had over 2 litres already today so off to a good start xx

Back