ProPoints My challenge to lose 10st in 15 months.

Oh Sweetheart, I'm so so sorry. I'm sending you my warmest, loveliest hugs.

I know looking at the big picture it seems awful, but you have been doing so well, don't give up on this little journey because the big journey is rough.

Unless you've eaten an extra 9000 calories then there's no way that gain is all fat, have a detox day, give yourself a break and if you think you need help then there's no shame in asking for some.

Always here if you need a chat.
XxX

Oh Sweetheart, I'm so so sorry. I'm sending you my warmest, loveliest hugs.

I know looking at the big picture it seems awful, but you have been doing so well, don't give up on this little journey because the big journey is rough.

Unless you've eaten an extra 9000 calories then there's no way that gain is all fat, have a detox day, give yourself a break and if you think you need help then there's no shame in asking for some.

Always here if you need a chat.
XxX

Thanks Em. It was a bit of a shock to realise that I was heavier than when I started even though I had been trying for a year. Felt like a huge kick in the teeth but I'm not gonna stop trying and didn't have a binge yesterday but I am even more worried now that I won't get into my dress. My other buddy Emma on here (razzle dazzle) hunted me down on Fb and suggested trying the old WW points system because it's really working for her and I'm thinking about giving that a go. Deffo won't be doing the wendie plan again though with a friggin gain after it lol Don't you just wish we could wave a magic wand and get thin with none of the stress? xxx

I hope you are doing ok today? Have you had a think about possibly trying the old points? I know it works for me when I stick to it and I really have to be strict with myself with counting points and it can seem like a chore but it will be worth it in the end. I wish I had never gave up with it last year as I was doing so well. Holding your hand, whatever you decide to do. x

I'm okay Em, I'm definitely thinking about it just need to find some time to do a bit of research and see some more about it. Going to have a look on Ebay and Amazon later and look for some books :) Thanks for the support hun it means a lot x

Big hugs honey! :( It can't be easy.
I honestly think that food is an addiction, and it's very hard to get over an addiction for something that you actually need!

I honestly don't know what to suggest :( Talk to your doctor and try to explain everything, heck maybe even break down crying and then they may help. Maybe if you play on the depression side they will help you more? :/ I honestly don't know. I'm so shocked they haven't helped you though. It's completely disgusting that they haven't :(

I'm here if you ever need to chat.. you're welcome to add me on fb as well if you want xx

I've got an appointment Tuesday morning so I'm going to cry and beg and plead for help. I'll take any experimental drug they've got! I'm frustrated with myself and annoyed that the level of help is dependent on where you live.

Always glad to have more fb buddies pm me how to find you :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Honey, sorry been AWol sorting redundancy stuff out. Here to support!

Glad you've got an apt, I'm hoping they can sort something out with you and I'm sorry you're so frustrated!

I'm also heavier than when I started, by a stone, it's so demoralising.
XxX

Sucks to be us! Just shooting out I'll be more talkative in a bit :) xx

Hi hun, hope you are feeling OK. Just wanted to say that surgery is not the fix either really and getting to the root of the habits and eating is what is helping me. As someone who had surgery and did not lose anything believe me it only.goves you more baggage to get through when you realise the only way is to deal with the real issues. Obviously I don't know you so it may be different for you, just do your research and really read about people's stories so you don't end up like I did. I hope you feel better soon hun. You can do this!!! X

Hi jayde. There is no one size fits all option when it comes to losing weight I don't think. Surgery is just a tool the same as weight loss plans are and I've done plenty of research over the various types and the pros and cons of each. I also have friends who have had surgery (not the kind Id opt for) and who have done brilliantly with it. Surgery isn't an easy option by any means and you still need to work hard to get to a healthy weight but I do feel it would benefit me greatly.

I'm seeing my gp Tuesday to see what help is available non surgery wise to try and address any other issues but I'm not holding out much hope if I'm honest xx

Are you still weighing in Monday? See what your WI says and you might be encouraged to give plain old WW a shot again, try to ignore your old stats and treat this as new. I know you want some help, can't say I blame you, but I'm so worried about you contemplating surgery, I actually think it's a harder option. Either way you have my full support and I'll be here with you every step of the way.

Maybe try taking food out of the equation for a while, you were contemplating that before?
XxX

Yep still weighing on Monday and not trying to get bogged down by stats but it's so hard when I have a deadline.

Surgery is a risk, apart from the possibility of not waking up from the anaesthetic there's the risk afterwards of Dvt etc so I'm not taking it lightly. I started researching it about 5 years ago so it's not a snap decision but it won't happen anyway. Here in wales you have to have a bmi of 50+ with either uncontrolled severe sleep apnoea, uncontrolled hypertension or uncontrolled type 2 diabetes (what they call co-morbidities) and they have to be uncontrolled despite being on the optimum meds for them. Some places in England all you need is a bmi of 40+. I wouldn't be put forward or it but I think picking his brains has to be better than feeling completely stuck and fed up.

I just want to be able to stick to a plan and lose consistently, I'm not blaming anyone but myself but beating myself up doesn't seem to be working well for me :/ xx

Hi jayde. There is no one size fits all option when it comes to losing weight I don't think. Surgery is just a tool the same as weight loss plans are and I've done plenty of research over the various types and the pros and cons of each. I also have friends who have had surgery (not the kind Id opt for) and who have done brilliantly with it. Surgery isn't an easy option by any means and you still need to work hard to get to a healthy weight but I do feel it would benefit me greatly.

I'm seeing my gp Tuesday to see what help is available non surgery wise to try and address any other issues but I'm not holding out much hope if I'm honest xx

Hope it goes well for you hun, I wasn't trying to tell you what to do just sharing it's not always the answer, but you seem to have your head screwed on :)

Hope things feel better for you soon x

No I know jayde and I appreciate all the advice. It helps to get other people's perspective on things :) x

Yep still weighing on Monday and not trying to get bogged down by stats but it's so hard when I have a deadline.

Surgery is a risk, apart from the possibility of not waking up from the anaesthetic there's the risk afterwards of Dvt etc so I'm not taking it lightly. I started researching it about 5 years ago so it's not a snap decision but it won't happen anyway. Here in wales you have to have a bmi of 50+ with either uncontrolled severe sleep apnoea, uncontrolled hypertension or uncontrolled type 2 diabetes (what they call co-morbidities) and they have to be uncontrolled despite being on the optimum meds for them. Some places in England all you need is a bmi of 40+. I wouldn't be put forward or it but I think picking his brains has to be better than feeling completely stuck and fed up.

I just want to be able to stick to a plan and lose consistently, I'm not blaming anyone but myself but beating myself up doesn't seem to be working well for me :/ xx

I know you have a deadline, and I know you're probably hating me right now for giving advice when I can't possibly know how much you're struggling, but try and erase the deadline, it might be absolutely wonderful to be at a target by your wedding, but it's even better knowing that eventually, in a few years you will be healthy, I think either way in life you have to be kid to yourself especially when you're struggling.

It's slow at the moment, but slowly is better than nothing, you will be a BEAUTIFUL bride, even if you lose 0.5lbs a week till then rather than 2 or 3, your friends love you, D loves you, but I think thinking so much about the wedding target is beating yourself up and the more you think "Well I should be here by now" the less you're focusing on 'Hey, I ate healthy this week, that's brilliant". I know I've not as much to lose, but when I set myself the target for America and didn't make it, it half ruined my holiday, I spent the entire time thinking I should have been thinner, rather than having as much fun as I could have. Don't let this ruin your big day with regrets.

Try to think a small loss is better than a small gain, and a STS is better too, if you compare everything to how much you were hoping to lose you forget how well you've been doing.

If you need a kick up the bum when you're eating bad rather than "lol me too", or me to come to Wales and hold your hand when you're struggling, I promise I am in. I hope you don't take this as me having a go, because it's not, I just hate to see you down and upset especially when you've been doing well.
XxX

I know you have a deadline, and I know you're probably hating me right now for giving advice when I can't possibly know how much you're struggling, but try and erase the deadline, it might be absolutely wonderful to be at a target by your wedding, but it's even better knowing that eventually, in a few years you will be healthy, I think either way in life you have to be kid to yourself especially when you're struggling. It's slow at the moment, but slowly is better than nothing, you will be a BEAUTIFUL bride, even if you lose 0.5lbs a week till then rather than 2 or 3, your friends love you, D loves you, but I think thinking so much about the wedding target is beating yourself up and the more you think "Well I should be here by now" the less you're focusing on 'Hey, I ate healthy this week, that's brilliant". I know I've not as much to lose, but when I set myself the target for America and didn't make it, it half ruined my holiday, I spent the entire time thinking I should have been thinner, rather than having as much fun as I could have. Don't let this ruin your big day with regrets. Try to think a small loss is better than a small gain, and a STS is better too, if you compare everything to how much you were hoping to lose you forget how well you've been doing. If you need a kick up the bum when you're eating bad rather than "lol me too", or me to come to Wales and hold your hand when you're struggling, I promise I am in. I hope you don't take this as me having a go, because it's not, I just hate to see you down and upset especially when you've been doing well. XxX

Hey em. I don't hate you at all for giving me advice/support I'm greatful when you and the others take the time to offer some words of wisdom and try to help. I know I've been a whinge bag but you have made a difference and the only advice I'll ever complain about is the tactless and sarky type from horse features!

As much as I would love to erase the deadline I'm thinking having that goal in mind will keep me on my toes. I am however going to do my best to be a bit kinder to me and see the positives that I'm at least trying to change things.

To get an idea of where I need to be I brought the dress up from mums yesterday and have tried it on. The good news is getting it to fit like a dream is achievable and I don't need to lose 4lb a week to do it. So today I've written out this weeks meal plan, I've allowed points for the odd treat BUT I'm aiming for 1lb a week and will celebrate that not kick myself for not losing 2 or more.

The weight loss won't stop at the wedding so the good advice will be needed for a long time yet. Bear with me :) xxx

So glad to hear about the dress, and I support whichever decision you make, surgery, food replacement etc.

Planning is good, I'm currently making batches for lunches so I stop running out the door with an apple!
XxX

Trying it on really helped. I'm panicking a lot less and had the added bonus of me finding out I won't need to find a hoop for underneath and less of my cleavage is on show than I thought. In the photo on the website the model is flashing a fair bit but I won't be oh and it's not too long which is another bonus as I'll be wearing flats :)

I've ordered frozen veg this week as well as fresh which means no prep on lazy days. Your planning ahead to avoid the just an apple breakfast or lunch is a good idea your snooze button is no help for your diet lol xx

Morning my lovelies. Hope you're all doing well? I've had a great week so far, all my work has been done by 12 so I've had very lazy afternoons watching Judge Rinder and Tipping Point haha Food wise I've been good too, yesterday was porridge for breakfast, ham salad sarnie for lunch and a chicken dinner for tea with lots of cabbage and broccoli and boiled potatoes not roasted. Monday was the same for breakfast, same for lunch and tea was tesco healthy living sweet and sour sauce with some sliced skinless chicken breast, microwave rice and I added extra water chesnuts so all in all a good two days.

Today's food is like this

Breakfast - Dairylea light on toast

Lunch - Ham salad sarnie

Tea - Beef casserole with lots of cabbage, broccoli and carrots

Back