ProPoints My challenge to lose 10st in 15 months.

Don't blame you on the horse features front, but do try if you think it'll help. I can't tell you how relieved I am to be feeling good about weight loss, join me!
XxX

I'm trying I'm so fed up of being so big! I need to do this and not even for "the dress" anymore I can't go on feeling so awful. Horse features does all the local classes and doing it alone hasn't worked so I need to give SW a decent go. My portion sizes are a lot smaller from doing ww which is one plus so it should be ok. The only thing holding me back is cost. I could do without buying a load of SW recipe books and my food shopping bill going up. I don't care what anyone says it definitely costs more to eat healthier food than it does junk xx

I'm trying I'm so fed up of being so big! I need to do this and not even for "the dress" anymore I can't go on feeling so awful. Horse features does all the local classes and doing it alone hasn't worked so I need to give SW a decent go. My portion sizes are a lot smaller from doing ww which is one plus so it should be ok. The only thing holding me back is cost. I could do without buying a load of SW recipe books and my food shopping bill going up. I don't care what anyone says it definitely costs more to eat healthier food than it does junk xx

It is awful feeling rubbish because of something you can technically change, doesn't make it any easier to do though does it?.
I'm pretty sure (don't quote me on this because I've never been) but I think you get the first books free with the first membership, lots of people go for the first meeting and then stop because they got the books.
My groceries are cheaper when I'm healthy, but I do have expensive taste in junk! :p
XxX

Yeah you do get the books you need to follow the plan and you get access to their website too but I know how much I'll have to cook from scratch with SW so recipe books will be helpful. Will do some research and see how many syns are in the jar sauces I use now so I can still have convenience. Fruit and veg is more expensive than my crisp addiction. It's shocking how many bags you can get for so little coinage. It will be worth it and you can't put a price on your health I'm just tight cos I'm buying pretties for the wedding :) xx

Yeah you do get the books you need to follow the plan and you get access to their website too but I know how much I'll have to cook from scratch with SW so recipe books will be helpful. Will do some research and see how many syns are in the jar sauces I use now so I can still have convenience. Fruit and veg is more expensive than my crisp addiction. It's shocking how many bags you can get for so little coinage. It will be worth it and you can't put a price on your health I'm just tight cos I'm buying pretties for the wedding :) xx

You could always do frozen veggies and fruit, much cheaper, or those microwave bags if you don't fancy cooking. If I liked veg more I'd probably not eat very much fruit at all as veggies are much cheaper!
XxX

never tried frozen fruit but I find frozen veg watery. They are loads cheaper mind! It's more the sauces that take the effort to cook but I might batch cook, freeze and put them in the popty ping as and when I need them xx

So this might confuse anyone who is new to my diary but I've gone over to SW and don't really want to mess about starting a new diary when there are so many lovely people who come and say hi on this one from all kinds of plans :)

Trying to get my head in the game ready to officially start at sw class on Thursday evening so bear with me but food for today is looking like this....

Breakfast - Couple of boiled eggs and a banana

Lunch - Jacket potato with a tuna mayo filling (mayo is extra light 1syn) and some lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber

Dinner - Pork stir fry

HexA and HexB are undecided yet but today is an EE day so will be one of each and syns wise I've been told to eat at least 5 a day so will have some quavers or similar. Loving the weather here again today just wish I wasn't stuck inside working. I think my lunch for today is going to be a favourite over the summer I'm looking forward to it already even the fresh non stodgy bits lol

Sw is a great plan and healthy I think. Hope it works for you hun :)

Thanks Jayde :)

Quick update for today's food....

Breakfast - turkey bacon in a wholemeal roll (Hexb)

Lunch - jacket potato with tuna,Mayo & sweetcorn filling and side salad of cherry tomatoes, gem lettuce and cucumber

Dinner - spaghetti bolognese

Hexa was half milk half low fat cheddar

Syns (10) - low fat spread, extra light mayo, quavers

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You're back! :)

Well tonight is the night that I rejoin. Hopped on the scales at home this morning and wished I hadn't. Hopped on them again just to check what I was seeing was real and unfortunately it was so off I go with the weight of two people to lose. Sounds scary saying that but I need to get it into my head what I'm dealing with. Putting it off has led to me gaining and it has to stop. I'm not going to be too harsh on myself I'm working until lunchtime then planning some meals for the next week so I can focus on a brilliant official first week even though I started on Tuesday really tonight is the weight and moment that counts :)

Todays food....

Breakfast - Turkey bacon in a wholemeal roll (hexb)

Lunch - Omlette with cheese, ham, mushrooms and tomatoes

Dinner - I'm fancying coq au vin with lots of green veg and carrots

HexA - Cheese
HexB - Wholemeal Roll
Syns - Low fat spread, dash of milk for tea, sugar in tea (dai forgot to use sweetener) quavers = 7 so far but this isn't including syns for the coq au vin mix which I need to find out but shouldn't be more than 8 for my portion of it

Food looks good. I know the scales can be shocking, but sometimes we need that as a good kick up the butt to get going- it will go down, just remember that when you get disheartened!
XxX

They were scarier than Freddy Kruger, Jason Vorhees, Michael Myers and the ghost from Paranormal Activity this morning but it's the kick up the butt I needed and would rather have that holy sh!t moment in my kitchen than at class. They will go down and if I get a magical 8lb in my first week (I know I shouldn't put that kind of pressure on myself but it's first week dreams) then I'll be back into the next stone down and will feel a lot better about things. I want certificates, lots of them and plan to cover my fridge with them like I used to cover my school books with pictures of NKOTB lol

Saw a t-shirt this morning that said "My ideal weight is Jensen Ackles on top of me" I wish! haha xx

Oh thats a good mix of scary right there! I'm sure you can get a great loss first week, I'm not saying 8 because I don't want you to be annoyed if it's slightly less, but I will have everything crossed for you! :)

We need those shirts!!
XxX

Those shirts are awesome!

I'm aiming high I know I can't help it. I watch the biggest loser so I secretly want 20+ off in week one lol

3lb a week between now and the wedding would be 4.5st off. Think that is my goal and 6.5st by Xmas xx

I'm always like that after an exercise day, if I don't wake up a stone lighter it's like "WHAT?! Come on!", but it's only possible if you exercise ALL day like they do and eat clean, and most people don't have time for that! Though I am wondering how much I can get off after my first month of unemployment!

3lb a week is doable - are you going to be exercising?
XxX

Probably not to start with if I'm honest I'm so unfit and my legs are more swollen than ever in the warmer weather we've been having that I'm gonna just concentrate on weight loss then get me some body magic certificates after a couple of months xx

Food is looking good!

Will you be home making the coq au vin? If you are here's a recipe i just found by googling (Had no idea what it was and I got curious! It looks super lush.) and it mentions the syns in it as well which is helpful. :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/234145-coq-au-vin.html

With exercise I would say slowly introduce it.. don't go OTT with it. An extra 5 mins a day or so massively helps! Now when I watch tv I get up and walk around in the adverts (maybe best to avoid watching bbc, theirs are short ;) ) and if I'm on the phone I'll walk around instead of sitting. You could even get a step counter and see how much you normally do and then add on an extra 100 steps a day to slowly build it up.

Also if you plan on doing lots pre get a hot water bottle ready because it can hurt a fair bit if you're not used to it. In the beginning i took the dogs out for an extra 3 hours one day and couldn't walk at all the next day lol!!

Also if it helps as a motivation I had REALLY bad water in my feet when i joined. I always got very swollen. I measured the other day and at the bottom of my leg (right above my ankle) i've lost 4 inches and 2.5 inches around my foot as well.
Deffo has made general walking so much easier!

Argh I could scream! Dai ended up working late and his darling daughter had the mother of all tantrums about me asking her to put paper in the recycling of all things! No way I could risk taking a banshee to class (her tantrum last weekend lasted an hour and a half) so I'm not officially signed up. Determined to go to another class soon. Am I right in thinking it's like WW and it doesn't matter where you sign up as long you have your membership card you can just go along to any class? I'm thinking if I go to a local ish one Saturday morning then next week I can go back to my usual one Thursday?

Food has changed for tonight and no coq au vin but had pork stir fry instead. I've used syns on olive oil but that works out less than the packet mix would have been so I'm happy and it was gorgeous. My cupboard is full of dried herbs and flavourings now whic will make cooking from scratch so much easier and I can honestly say the bolognese sauce I did last night was nicer than any of the Dolmio ones I've tried and all free.

Thanks for the recipe Symone I'll be looking for loads more like that over the next few months and top of my list to try is the fakeaway kebab one it looks lush and will stop me having a greasy takeaway for treat night. I'm going to take my measurements before bed tonight from top to bottom and take photos too. My feet and legs are so painful with the swelling but the clinic appointment is June 2nd and that should help a lot. Hoping they give me compression stockings as they will ease the aching as well as the swelling.

Exercise plan is to do some Lesley Sansone miles and get back to using the weights. I really like using them because they make me feel strong and the higher the muscle mass you have the higher your metabolism. Baby steps with both though because I'm so unfit I want to build up slowly but I think this is where SW gets the edge over WW because they encourage you to reach milestones with exercise and who doesn't love a certificate?

Back