ProPoints My challenge to lose 10st in 15 months.

Maybe it's the fibre but I've got a scratchy throat too so might be coming down with something. I'll live :)

Food had to be good today because somehow a rather big bar of galaxy nut crunch found its way into my mouth. Oops! Just been adding my meals into the online planner on the sw site and I'm annoyed that mango and pineapple aren't speed foods. It's healthier than what I was eating so I'm sticking two fingers up to that lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What an awfully rude chocolate bar, forcing itself on you like that!

I ignore anything with speed/superspeed, which I know is bad but as far as I'm concerned if it's healthy and I like it then sod the rules, if it's a choice between mango and takeout, then as far as I'm concerned it's super free, superspeed and super tasty!
XxX

Me too it could be a multipack of crisps but it's a fresh, tasty piece of fruit so it's a win in my book.

Chocolate is evil but I do like it now and then so I've armed myself with mikados and freddos should I get the sweet tooth urge that fruit won't satisfy. Moderation is key long term just need to keep changing habits for the better eh? Xx

What a gorgeous morning here in wales. Sun is shining and the birds are singing. If I was fit I'd be off out for a run but I'm not so I won't lol

Feeling so bloated still I'm not expecting a loss tomorrow. In fact my scales are showing a 1.75lb gain BUT I'm eating healthier and I won't let this deter me. Hopefully I'll have the mother of all p00ps tomorrow and get the loss I want but if not I've made good choices this week so I'll carry on.

Today's food -

Breakfast - 2 weetabix and an apple

Lunch - speed soup (need to look up the recipe)

Dinner - sausage dinner with loads of veggies (potatoes, carrots, broccoli and cabbage) and a mango chopped up and covered with a mullerlight for dessert

HexA - semi skimmed milk
HexB - 2 weetabix
Syns - sausages (2.5) gravy (2) hula hoops puft (7) freddo (5) = 16.5

Take a laxative tonight.. Sometimes I need that extra bit of help to poop when I have too much fibre!

I was the opposite when I started... Glued to the loo haha!

I usually don't have a problem at all my sister makes fun of me for being more regular than anyone she knows so being bunged up is new to me. I took 2 last night (I don't do anything by halves) and have been but still feel really bloated and like I'm carrying a bowling ball around in my stomach. It's not painful but it's making me a bit breathless and can't get comfortable sitting down. Going to see if a vegetable soup helps for lunch.

The friend who joined with me hasn't been a good girl at all but you watch her lose and me put on lol xx

Any possible gain will be due to bloating etc, if you feel pants then it wont be an accurate result so don't let it get to you.

Are you drinking enough? Water is your friend!
XxX

I'm trying but only getting about 1-1.5 litres a day at most. It won't deter me I know I'm eating much healthier foods and smaller portions so in the long run that will pay off :) xx

Hey I've just been reading through your diary. Sounds like you've had a tough time! I am also getting married in September and have ordered my dress in a smaller size in the hope it will motivate me to lose weight! I am currently doing weight watchers online. I have tried slimming world before but it didn't really work for me. Any weight loss tips greatly appreciated! Laura x

I'll help in any way I can Laura thanks for dropping by my diary :) I've only recently gone back to slimming world so if you have any weight watchers questions ask away. Were you sensible and ordered your dress in just one size smaller? Xx

Thanks ☺ yeah just 1 size smaller. I have to lose 2 1/2 inches from my waist. No idea what that is in pounds but ideally I'd like to lose 1-2 stone. It seems to be much easier said than done and at best I only seem to lose 1 1/2lb per week. I'm down around 5lbs so far. It doesnt help that i had a bad week lask week and was eating out & drinking pretty much every day celebrating my birthday! How much have you got to go til the dress fits? x

Don't ask lol I've pretty much got my head around needing alterations on it now but am trying to lose what I need to in the hope it pays off. I need to drop 2 sizes so I need big losses. It fits from the waist down but it's the upper half that's the problem.

Are you exercising as well as dieting? Xx

Because of the style of mine it can't be taken out so I have to lose the weight or the dress won't fit! Yeah I'm trying to exercise. I'm not a huge exercise fan but we've got some gym equipment in the garage and I bought a kettlebell. Used the kettlebell for the first time on wed and my legs are still in agony! I work 12hr shifts so sometimes struggle to find time to exercise. Are you back exercising now or are your legs still giving you bother? xx

My main thing with exercise at the moment is worrying about doing the wrong kind. Too much will make my legs worse but my appointment with the clinic is only a couple of weeks away so I can get advice on what I can do then.

I know exercise will help I just don't want to risk making it worse but before then I've got work outs on the multigym planned as that's mostly upper body it won't do any harm and will hopefully tone me up. I don't know if my dress can be let out I'll have to ring around and make some enquiries.

Scales are showing a loss this morning but the bloating has eased a bit so I definitely think they were connected.

So glad the scales are showing a loss and that I can breathe properly when I'm sitting down. Must be the extra fluids yesterday that helped and I'm already up to 1.1 litres this morning. Aiming for 3 litres a day and to up my speed foods.

Today's food is looking like this...

Breakfast - weetabix and a banana

Lunch - some of the soup I made yesterday

Dinner - beef casserole with lots of veggies

HexA - semi skimmed milk
HexB - 2 weetabix
Syns - oil for frying beef before putting in the casserole (0.5) hula hoop puft (7) sugar in tea (2) freddo (5) casserole mix (3.5)

If it helps at just before 7st I had a 14" loss around at most important places, so it's probably 2" for every stone. If you're like me :p
I do walk the dogs a lot though (which could be why my hips always have the best loss) haha! My hips will stop soon, though. :(

Have you been to group yet? I'm glad your scales are showing a loss!

One thing I need to point out, Banana is a free food, not speedy. So maybe add an apple in to your breakfast to have the 1/3 speed? :) (although I'm guessing you slice the banana on top. One of my favourite breakfasts! Tempted to have it myself now but no bananas are in :( boo hoo. (My consultant pointed this out to another member the other day lol. I was sat next to her so I got to over hear.. I will still scoff bananas down like mad when I have them, though! haha!)

Lunch and dinner sound amazing.. When are you moving in? I need an amazing cook ;) haha xx

Oh and what are those hoola hoops like? I'm tempted to buy them but I have no idea if they will be as satisfying as the normal ones..

All my favourite fruit is free not speed (blooming typical!) but as it's healthier than a bacon sarnie I'm still onto a winner making the healthier choice lol had an apple yesterday with it but today banana was needed nom nom. Plenty of speed in the soup and with dinner so I should be ok with the other meals.

Your meals are tasty too you don't need my skills hun. I want to experiment more and do more recipes from the books. Might buy the takeaway book tonight if they've got it in class

Oh the puft things are nice. Think monster munch in texture just hula hoop shape :) xx

Ohh I'll have to pick some up then. :D

and yeah my favourite is just free, as well! Grapes and bananas lol! But yeah deffo far healthier than a bacon buttie :) (Although you can still have that on SW, x2 pieces of brown bread from a 400g loaf and cut the fat off the bacon, or if you leave the fat on it's 2 syns per racher of bacon. More if it's thick.)

Yeah you'll be fine with your other meals. :) I often don't have any speed with my breakky.. and I'm still losing haha.

Also if you get the fakeaway book try the SW doner.. I love it! (1 WW wholemeal pitta is healthy B or 1 50/50 high fibre ww wrap is also a B if you prefer a wrap.)

Back