My determination to maintain my goal weight !!!

Nibbles

Silver Member
At long last , I have gotten around to starting a new thread in this new Sub-Forum, which I originally requested Minimins to set up, for those of us on the CD Maintenance stage. Having written an opening Blurb, I have just tended to lurk on the forum and not post.
Cambridge Diet was a diet I had heard of, but had never met anyone that had done CD, well that was the case until last July. I met someone who was in week 5 and I decided that I should give it a try. I had allowed my weight to creep up and up over the past few years, after having two children. The only diet I ever did was WW after giving birth to each of my two kids, but WW was too long and tedious for me and CD sounded very appealing and offered immediate results.
Last summer, I decided to do CD and couldn’t believe how the weight just fell off me. I started on the 4th September and used Minimins as my support. I joined a monthly challenge and decided not to tell many people around me, for fear of negative remarks. I felt like the challenge thread was a close group of friends and I was able to keep 100% motivated. New names came and went, with successes and failures, but I was determined to reach my goal. My mind was set and I was determined to succeed. I moved my goals three times, but decided to settle with a final goal weight of 9st 10lbs (BMI 23.3).
So what then? I realized that there was nowhere specific to go during Maintenance, when you approach & reach goal weight. The CD Forumites prefer food not to be mentioned when on SS or SS+, so Stabilisation sees us reintroduce food, but nowhere specific on Minimins. There is only the General CD forum or the Returners sub forum ( for those who return after putting the weight again). I felt that I could benefit from tips and advice, if not support, for a period of time whilst ensuring I keep my weight at that final goal. I believed that possibly the best advice could come from others who have done CD and experienced the diet firsthand.
As of the end of February, I no longer consume CD products and have reformed all of my old eating habits. I eat loads more chicken, fish, salad, whole meal products, more along a GI style diet now, to maintain my weight. CD was the perfect diet for me and I am so determined to keep the weight off.
Of course I have had my weak moments, even confessing to a mega meat blow-out last night and a slight hangover today.I only get to this one restaurant, less than once a year, if that, so I have to enjoy the experience, along with the Caipirinha to follow. Life goes on, but back to good behaviour for the rest of the week.
Visiting this forum might keep me on the straight and narrow, well I hope it might. Whilst lurking on the other CD sub-forums to see how familiar names are doing and just wishing I could help others who are struggling on CD, especially those who were in the same monthly challenges as I was. Their posts so helped me during the autumn. Being slim again has been such a great feeling and I recommend it to all on CD.
Good luck to all who are on CD and to those who now are maintaining.

Reactions: KD
Hey Nibbles

Thank you so much for requesting this sub-forum as for me personally it has been an absolute godsend and I'm sure that it has/will be the same for many others.

Glad to see you are getting on with maintenance just fine by the looks of things, thanks for sharing your story and please keep posting!

xx

Likewise, i think the hard work has really started now I have got the weight off..I don't want to regain what I hope has gone forever :-(
It will be great to see the comments and advice here, it will inspire me to stay with the programme and work the steps correctly.
Hugs to all! x

Hey nibbles, sooo fabulous to see you on here !! Thanks for sharing your journey hunny, it was a great post, it's so very inspiring for anyone new to cd to read that there are success stories.

look forward to seeing you reading about your continued success.

xx

Hey Nibbles
Thank you so much for requesting this sub-forum as for me personally it has been an absolute godsend and I'm sure that it has/will be the same for many others.
Glad to see you are getting on with maintenance just fine by the looks of things, thanks for sharing your story and please keep posting!
xx
I suppose losing the weight could be considered to be the easy part, although not many of us would believe that whilst on SS or any of the other weight loss stages.
Putting the weight on is probably very easy !!!:eek:
Maintainance this week has been very poor for me over the last 3 days at work, but from tomorrow i shall revert back to my GI eating habits and ensure that i shed anything i may have gained over the next few days.
My new rule is that i must not reach 10st and if i do, i have to take IMMEDIATE action, rather than assume that the lbs will disappear by themselves.

Likewise, i think the hard work has really started now I have got the weight off..I don't want to regain what I hope has gone forever :-(
It will be great to see the comments and advice here, it will inspire me to stay with the programme and work the steps correctly.
Hugs to all! x
I suppose this stage now, having reached goal weight, requires new habits and rules.
Having this forum is a blessing, cos i can't bore my friends with my worries.
The overweight ones will just hate me and the naturally slim ones wouldn't understand. And someone who has not done CD might not understand either.
I currently have 2 friends who have started CD. One losing very little after 5 weeks, due to cheating too often and the other has shed 11lbs in the first two weeks.
Fab diet, but one has to stay focused for the rewards. Not always easy.

KD tentatively steps up on soap box here :D

Whilst I agree that it's a great place to come to chat about doing the steps up, I must admit that I do struggle a bit with the title of CD maintenance.

When we started the maintenance section on minimins, I think I was the only maintainer...possibly for any diet:eek:

Many forums were created, and the idea was that people went to their section to discuss diet related things, then congregated in the Chit Chat/Movies whatever section for those topics.

Same with maintenance. It was a forum for all maintainers regardless of the diet they had used.

As the months have gone on, people are more inclined to just stay in their diet section and so people visited the maintainers forum less and less.

This drives me nuts. Whenever an interesting TV programme is on, each section has a discussion about it, when it would be lovely if people discussed it together...rather than umpteen threads totally unrelated to the diet appearing....but there ya go.

Same for maintenance. I don't believe there is anything as CD maintenance. There is the CD steps, but then it would be the same as LL, LT blah blah.

So, though I agree with a good place to go to talk about the plans, I admit to be saddened by a forum for people who are off Cambridge and maintaining their weight having a separate forum because they got to that point with the Cambridge diet.

I'm not a Cambridge maintainer. I'm a maintainer like others. It's nothing to do with Cambridge at this stage.

Sorry and all that, but I just had to get it off my chest :(

Jumps off soap box and hides under that table :D

KD tentatively steps up on soap box here :D

Whilst I agree that it's a great place to come to chat about doing the steps up, I must admit that I do struggle a bit with the title of CD maintenance.

When we started the maintenance section on minimins, I think I was the only maintainer...possibly for any diet:eek:

Many forums were created, and the idea was that people went to their section to discuss diet related things, then congregated in the Chit Chat/Movies whatever section for those topics.

Same with maintenance. It was a forum for all maintainers regardless of the diet they had used.

As the months have gone on, people are more inclined to just stay in their diet section and so people may visited the so people visited maintainers forum less and less.

This drives me nuts. Whenever an interesting TV programme is on, each section has a discussion about it, when it would be lovely if people discussed it together...rather than umpteen threads totally unrelated to the diet appearing....but there ya go.

Same for maintenance. I don't believe there is anything as CD maintenance. There is the CD steps, but then it would be the same as LL, LT blah blah.

So, though I agree with a good place to go to talk about the plans, I admit to be saddened by a forum for people who are off Cambridge and maintaining their weight having a separate forum because they got to that point with the Cambridge diet.

I'm not a Cambridge maintainer. I'm a maintainer like others. It's nothing to do with Cambridge at this stage.

Sorry and all that, but I just had to get it off my chest :(

Jumps off soap box and hides under that table :D

Please come out from under the table, i have just reread your post having just spent the last half an hour under my desk ;)
I hear exactly where you are coming from, but for me i felt i wanted to stay amongst the people who helped me get to where i am within the CD forum.
I so do not want a Kefuffle.
The maintainers threads on the general Minimins forum are barely visited, last visits to threads were 2 days ago and then thread number 8 on the 20th Dec 2008.
The CD forum is VERY active and please allow CD dieters to continue to share their experiences. Other dieters welcome to read and post when they lurk within CD.
As i have favoured a GI style diet for the time being, in order to maintain my weight, i visit the GI section, where visits are almost zero , with threads shouting "Is there anyone out there?"

I just thought that a Maintenance sub-forum might work better within the CD diet forum, i didn't occurr to me that it might offend or exclude others. So sorry.:cry:
Maybe having a Maintenance sub-forum within the other diet forums would encourage people to post their experiences & advice more frequently and then Forumites would know that they could click and lurk within the different sub-forums for support, knowing immediately by which means each of us got to the maintenance stage....??????. Only an idea

Last eight Minimins General Forum Maintenance threads as follows>>>>>

Calculate how many calories you need to stay in bed all day and not gain weight! 2 Days Ago by IslandBreeze

What are you doing to prepare for maintenance? 2 Days Ago
by new me 20009

Yep...will eat anything you prepare ( 1 2) KD 2 Weeks Ago
by nexangelus

NEW MULLER FLAVOURS 4 Weeks Ago by Rachella

FOOD FOCUS IS BACK 1st February, 2009 by KD

metabolism 29th January, 2009 by Jim

Big long thunking time KD 14th January, 2009 by KD

Recipe: Sweet Potato Soup Topped with Sautéed Halloumi and Mixed Seeds KD 20th December, 2008 by KD

Last edited:
Please come out from under the table, i have just reread your post having just spent the last half an hour under my desk ;)

LOL.

The maintainers threads on the general Minimins forum are barely visited,
I know :( It used to be though, and I'm so sad that it's not used more. I suppose I was kind of hoping that as we got new maintainers (when everyone has finished the plans), more people would visit and support each other, but I don't think it would ever happen as the forums are becoming more insular by the month.

It was so much fun when all the members from whatever diet used to move amongst each other, supporting others whatever diet they were on, then meeting up for the odd OT topics on the non-dieting forums. But it's not to be, and I really don't blame you for wanting something in the CD section,

The CD forum is VERY active and please allow CD dieters to continue to share their experiences. Other dieters welcome to read and post when they lurk within CD.
Just out of interest I was wondering whether people do actually lurk within sections of the CD forum. I know when I was talking to the 100%, many seemed almost unaware that there was a general forum, and certainly didn't think it was anything to do with them. So, do you reckon that CD dieters lurk in this maintainers section?

Not being funny, just wondering if they do. Okay, you get the odd one who posts, but I wonder if it will just be the same as the main maintainers forum in the end. Very few lurk, even fewer post.

I know there's more posts here at the moment, but then there are more people going through the steps than before.

Anyway, not kerfullelling, just wondering, and very pleased to unload my thoughts about it.
i didn't occurr to me that it might offend. So sorry.:cry:
Oh no hun. Certainly didn't offend.
Last eight Minimins General Forum Maintenance threads as follows>>>>>

Calculate how many calories you need to stay in bed all day and not gain weight! 2 Days Ago by IslandBreeze

What are you doing to prepare for maintenance? 2 Days Ago
by new me 20009

Yep...will eat anything you prepare ( 1 2) KD 2 Weeks Ago
by nexangelus

NEW MULLER FLAVOURS 4 Weeks Ago by Rachella

FOOD FOCUS IS BACK 1st February, 2009 by KD

metabolism 29th January, 2009 by Jim

Big long thunking time KD 14th January, 2009 by KD

Recipe: Sweet Potato Soup Topped with Sautéed Halloumi and Mixed Seeds KD 20th December, 2008 by KD

A few of them mine, and few replies, so I do know exactly what you mean. Yes, I admit I was gutted when I celebrated my anniversary of not binging which was such a big thing for me and it passed by with just a few replies from the same old people (thankyou so much 'same old people') :D :D and I know there isn't much we can do about it.

Very glad to have a step up Cambridge forum for people now though, and if it proves a better place to get support when people have finished the steps, then I'll support it ;)

:D and don't worry...off soapbox now.

Well done for getting to goal and maintaining. This is what we all aim for isn't it. The real prize :clap:

Have you heard about the benefits of almonds on the GL levels?

(sorry, but have noticed that I haven't mentioned almonds in the last 4 posts!!!!)...had to get it in here :D

So, did you know it lowers the GI value of a meal...and the more you eat, the lower the GI value? Clever little things :cool:

KD you and your almonds.

I demand your airmail me some >_<

What is it with almonds??? lol

I unfortunately, despite their "benefits" cannot stand the taste of anything remotely almondy x

They're filling and lovely and 3,50 per small package here and 1 pound in UK and KD can't shut up about them :DDDDD

(small summary <3)

Ooh....isn't Amaretto almonds?? Gonna enjoy this step! :p

Lol, only joking! I did not know that about almonds re their GI magic.
BTW, just wondering how different people pronounce almond.
I say al-mond but should i be saying alllllmond? Hmm....

I suppose losing the weight could be considered to be the easy part, although not many of us would believe that whilst on SS or any of the other weight loss stages.
Putting the weight on is probably very easy !!!:eek:
Maintainance this week has been very poor for me over the last 3 days at work, but from tomorrow i shall revert back to my GI eating habits and ensure that i shed anything i may have gained over the next few days.
My new rule is that i must not reach 10st and if i do, i have to take IMMEDIATE action, rather than assume that the lbs will disappear by themselves.

hey nibbles, do you have a calorie level that you have learned is good for you?

i am on the 1500 cal step at the mo and so far i am not gaining or losing so I wondered if this is my level or just my level for now.

are there certain foods you avoid on the GI way of eating?

xx

I'd be interested to know as well, how you work out how many cals roughly you should be eating to maintain? Would you stick at 1500? Go up to 1800? Or just go back to eating 'normally' but trying to keep it low carb-ish and healthy? I remember seeing somewhere how people calculate the number of cals needed to maintain, but blanked it as it seemed a far-off dream and also because it seemed scarily like maths...

Was imagining you could do it by instinct or trial & error but wondered if there were any rules...

I love this section of the forum, to lurk, learn and sometimes post... I do look at the general boards as well but as Nibbles says hardly anyone seems to post there, I wish they did. And you do get to feel like part of a support system on the CD forums, which is great.

xxx

PS... Like Sleepy, I am gutted that Amaretto might not count as almonds. I suppose marzipan is out as well? Bah. And Lostris, we will have a collection and post you out an almond food-parcel!
xxx

KD you and your almonds.

I demand your airmail me some >_<

Send me your address and I will do. I'll throw them over :D

What is it with almonds??? lol

I unfortunately, despite their "benefits" cannot stand the taste of anything remotely almondy x

Shame. Benefits. Well, they lower the GI level of anything you eat. They decrease hunger...brilliantly!! They taste yummy hot with mars bars :D

And last but not least....for some reasons, almonds don't seem to do the cals in vs cals out like other foods. They aren't sure why, but think it's probably to do with the way they are digested (or underdigested). People who ate almonds in various tests, found they didn't put on weight even though they should have done :copon:

They ate at maintenance cals and stayed the same, then added almonds on top of their maintenance cals for a few weeks. Strictly speaking, they should have gained weight as they were having about 300 cals more a day, but they didn't gain anything.

There's been a fair amount of research to support this. Doesn't happen with every nut, but works this way with almonds :clap:

Not that I would recommend binging on almonds. I'm certainly calorie aware with them, but for me they make a great snack if I get hungry or when I'm cooking dinner to stop me picking.

They're filling and lovely and 3,50 per small package here and 1 pound in UK and KD can't shut up about them :DDDDD

Yay for almonds :D

BTW, just wondering how different people pronounce almond.
I say al-mond but should i be saying alllllmond? Hmm....

I say Almonds :D Al as in Alan. Sometimes I say "chuck me me nuts" :D

Back