My Diary 📔 Lighter life 3 stone to go

hey there, I lost about 5 stone a very long time ago with LL, you're doing well. It's really normal to still have up and downs, some weeks I lost nothing but it did level out and a definite downward trend in weight, so don't worry so much about one day or even one week.

Please, if you don't already, ignore your mother in law! nasty attitude.

We should all life each other up, not put people down especially people in our families!
Hello @ChilliQueen thank you for your lovely message. Five stone is amazing, well done that’s just brilliant. I think seeing people again has made me so self conscious. I was just talking to a girl I haven’t seen since December and she said she’d put weight on and felt old, I just noticed she didn’t seem as happy as she usually did and I really related to what she was saying. Another girl came up to me and told me she’d missed me and I looked lovely which may just be politeness but I left them feeling “it’s ok, we’re all feeling sensitive post lockdown and none of us feel ourselves collectively so I should just fix myself. My mother in law has been the same with me for ten years, and normally I’m slim and feel ok so usually I brush it off but there’s always something she picks on me for and everyone knows it. It’s just she’s always just subtle enough not for me to rip her head off but I know what she’s doing! Lighter life has given me hope I can get back to myself and on the whole I’m enjoying it. I tried some exante products but they were not as nice. A male friend has lost 3 stone in 3 months using Superdrug’s bars and shakes so I suppose whichever plan works for you xx

You've done great so far Sophia, Well done.

I quite enjoyed LL when on it. At that time it was the group sessions & weekly weighing which was a great motivator.
I'm using slim & save this time as it's a bit cheaper. The good thing about these plans is that the losses add up really fast for most people so you should be feeling a whole lot better & regain your confidence sooner rather that later. Roll on looser clothes :)

it's worth considering that when YOU saw that girl you didn't notice her gained weight only that she seemed less happy. I think this is indicative of what most of us notice in others, unless there is a huge difference we don't notice much as most of us are so focussed on our own changes and insecurities.

Those who judge others for their weight etc just aren't worth caring about.

it's worth considering that when YOU saw that girl you didn't notice her gained weight only that she seemed less happy. I think this is indicative of what most of us notice in others, unless there is a huge difference we don't notice much as most of us are so focussed on our own changes and insecurities.

Those who judge others for their weight etc just aren't worth caring about.
You are so right! I hope you are having a good week. I don’t know where the week has gone. Goals for today: drink 3 litres of water and get 15,000-20,000 steps in. Finish the week strong!

I’ve drank my first two shakes and sipping my water. Today I feel so snacky. About to have a bar and an early night. Stepped on the scales halfway through the day (am I mad?!) but no gain. I’ve hurt my heal so I have only done 7000 steps but it’s bandaged up so I’ll make myself so 10k tomorrow and Sunday. Hope everyone is having a good day xx

Yes! Stepping on the scales during the day is barking mad!

Yes! Stepping on the scales during the day is barking mad!
I know! I am on the treadmill getting my steps in. Sipping my water! I felt guilty as I’ve had champagne and a couple or cocktails this week. I need to stop being silly as I love this plan and it really works. I think packs on time, constant water and my steps are the mantra; I must do all three each day or else I can go off track. Goals for today: I am in the car a lot today and tomorrow so I must get 10,000 steps in, drink 3 litres of water, do not get tempted by a milky coffee when I stop at Starbucks and take my packs with me. I need to visualise the scales!

Heel pain is the worse isn't it. Hope it's a short term thing.

Scales in the middle of the day? Noooo. 1st thing in the morning, loo then clothes off or not weighing ha ha.

yeah weight can fluctuate wildly throughout a day don't do that to yourself!

Hope today is going well!
I’m currently 800 steps off my 10,000 with a 4 hour car journey inbetween. Sometimes I weigh everyday other times I need a few days off! Weighing during the day was a moment of madness! I hope everyone is having a good weekend x

Good morning! I am on the treadmill doing my steps and sipping my water. I am feeling that black cloud of self loathing over me which I now know the only way to get through it is to stick to plan and be kind to myself. I have some beauty appointments this week that should help also. Today’s goals: 10,000 steps, 3 litres of water and shakes only today. I just feel I need to get back into the zone properly and I think I’ll do one or two days a week shakes only. Especially since it’s warm today I think it’ll be easier. I’m going to weigh on Wednesday. I’m so up and down with wanting to weigh! I just want to feel better about myself. All I see is ugliness 😂 Have a lovely day girls xx

I just tried a Slim Fast shake; when I first joined this site someone said that products are pretty much interchangeable from company to company so I grabbed a slim fast cookies and cream shake whilst I was out and oh my goodness it tastes like milkybar! Lighter life are my go to products but it’s nice to keep it interesting and I have a few exante packs also xx

I am glad you are sticking to it. I hope the cloud lifts soon.

I could be entirely wrong, but from what I remember LL are pretty much nutritionally complete and low carb. I'd be surprised if slimfast is the same, but a little change now and then probably won't do any harm.

I checked out the slimfast so called keto bars - not much protein and more than 4 carbs. Shame - they looked good!

yes I've not looked at all in recent years so I probably shouldn't be commenting, but SF wasn't great from a nutrition viewpoint last I looked.

I could be entirely wrong, but from what I remember LL are pretty much nutritionally complete and low carb. I'd be surprised if slimfast is the same, but a little change now and then probably won't do any harm.
Yes! You’re right! 3g more carbs and 5g less protein SF v LL shakes (comparing the one I had to my fave LL chocolate one). Good for a change or if I’m out and about but I won’t be buying huge packs of SF! I fell down a rabbit hole looking at the SF range and the nutrients just don’t match with LL. Everyday is a school day hey? I’m up early to get my steps in xx

Back