My Diary - Alison is losing her marbles!!!!!!!!

Mine doesn't know anything about carbs etc either. He's sitting scoffing burger and chips and a big bap at the mo, and still isn't overweight!

Welcome back x

Sent from my iPad

Having a good week with the food at the mo. Work is hectic as have some staff off sick so am kept very busy!
On my own last night so decided to measure myself again and was pleased that although I hadnt lost weight the last couple of weeks, as lost the plot a bit, I had still lost some cms which I am thrilled about!
I then decided to compare with last year (now on my third vlcd, although have had a few short breaks!) Well added up I have lost over a metre, or
3 foot 4 inches in old measurements!!!
Thats a lot of me gone for good now! Really put me in a good mood and a positive frame of mind!
I still want to lose another 3-4 stone so really going to concentrate until Easter when I have a weekend at mum and dads! My target is August 10th when my outlaws are over from Boston USA (they emigrated 35 years ago) for a big family party and I will see a lot of their family that I have not seen for years so would really like to be able to look ok and feel confident for that as I always feel like an old frump with his side of the family!
So onwards and downwards.......

Just had the mac cheese over cauliflower and mushrooms! It was wonderful!
Then remembered that I had had a chicken salad for lunch so had far to many veg today. My student at work commented that my salad looked good enough for a restaurant but think he was just shocked to find me eating off a plate instead of having a chilli/spag bol using a teaspoon and a small bowl!
Oh well I will stick at the 2 packs and chicken and lots of salad and veg for today and hope it was ok! Enjoyed both meals anyway!

In the great scheme of things a few extra veggies won't hurt. Not like it's not the healthy option :). Weight loss seems very random in my world. I have days / weeks of not losing hardly anything, and then I get a decent loss. All I do know is that if you stick to plan it comes off eventually, but not always when you expect it to :)

Hi BG. Thanks for the support. You are doing so well and are now within spitting distance of your goal. I do find that my weight/inch loss seem to have no direct bearing on how I believe I should have done on any particular day/week/month but as long as the general pattern is going down then I am happy. I have spent too many years being severly overweight not to be grateful for any loss of weight or measurement!

Hi Sue - the weight will move! Just stick on plan and make sure you are drinking the water too and things will start to move! We all vary how quickly our bodies react to a diet and I did not see much impact the first few days but it did happen. I dont know if there is any delay as you get older, my weight had hung around for decades so perhaps the body was too shocked to react quickly (not the only thing to slow down with age!) Stick with it and you will be fine!

We had a staff night out ice skating and ten pin bowling last week as one of the girls was leaving to go travelling for six months! It would seem, from things said to me this week, that a number of the staff were discussing me and my weight loss and how different I look! Sad they have so little to talk about but makes me feel good! If thats all they are saying about the boss at work then I am one happy bunny! We wear a uniform of a purple polo shirt and black trousers for work so they say it doesnt really show in that (I am still wearing the same shirt 6+ stone down cos I like it baggy and I dont want to get new ones till I reach target!) Apparently when I am in 'my own clothes' it shows more! I have to say it was a different sort of night out as those that wanted went to MacD first to eat and then we all met up but there was no alcohol involved, for a change, and a really good laugh had by all!

Alison, they are probably chatting about you because they are so impressed. What amazes me is that you are still wearing baggy polo shirts and getting away with it after a loss of over 6 stones.

I totally relate to the not wanting to invest in a new one till target though. I am picking up the cheapest sale items and take the greatest pleasure in passing them on to my friend (who is a little behind me in her weight loss) once they are too big.

I fully intend to have a bit of a spree though once I get to target - at the pace I am going, I will have plenty of time to save up!

Hi Fran
Good to see you back again! Thanks for the message. I have lost less on my top half because I still have the boobs but have lost the side rolls between chest and waist! In 18 tops but my shirts were a 24. I have shrunk them a bit in the tumbler but the are on the large side and seem to be getting longer (presumably because they are not fitting over my body anywhere) but they still look fine and working with kids tight clothes would not be an option! May put a belt around them soon tho to give some shape!
I forgot to put my weight loss of 3 lbs on here earlier but it is actually moving again!;)
Hubby has now found a room to stay near his work so wont have to do the 2 hours drive each way daily so that will definately make it easier for me to stick on plan as will not need food around during the week!
I also did a half hour Pilates and 10 mins on the cross trainer today and should manage to get back to exercise most days once he is not around in the evenings!
Hope you get to try the new meals soo as I prefer all of them to the older versions, I have yet to try the mushroom one though so hope to order some of those this week!
Hope you have a better week with work!

Had a mixed week. Very busy again with long working hours and then monday childminding in the evening and tues and weds with evening meetings so 3 days of 6.15am to 9/9.30pm working hours! Very tiring and the exercise once again didnt really happen! Had a couple of low days when I will admit I wasnt 100% but pretty close! Lost 2lbs though so am happy with that! Will be glad when this financial year is over though as has been the worst year ever for me and my business, it has left me having to cover more hands on work (which I love) whilst also doing my own work and a lot of the admin job as my administrator is on long term sick! Even covered for the cook on Friday as she was off too! Oh the joys of running a business!
2lbs off though and will do measurements again during the week as clothes seem to be getting looser still!
I am going to get there even if not at the speed I intended!

Sometimes you just have to keep plugging away Alison and it's not easy, especially with lots of stress on top. You are heading the right direction though and that's what to focus on. Hope things pick up on the work front soon. We're going through the delights of a 'restructure' at work that essentially means that we all have to apply for our own jobs and some people will be leaving at the end of it. The joys!

Thanks BG. I dont envy you that. At least I have a job even if at the moment I dont get paid!! Hopefully things will improve for both of us!
Good luck with yours, that seems to be happening in a lot of companies now. My sister worked for the local education authority and then they farmed her section out to the highest bidders and every two years she had to reapply and each time the job changed slightly to become more cost effective so she recently took early retirement as with the family problems she just couldnt hack it any more!
On a more positive note I have just redone my tracker and realised I have reached the stone (brain a bit slow today!!) Where do I get my badge? I have got to show off now even if it did take me weeks!

I think it's a sticky on the off topic section as it got moved from the main forum. Well done on the badge :)

Hi everyone,
I have another 2 pounds off this week so it is still moving in the right direction although still slower than I would like! Daft thing to say really as what I would like is a stone a week and thats not going to happen!! Still going down though! Its my birthday on tuesday but have nothing planned as hubby is away till wednesday this week. Went to our daughters for a birthday BBQ on saturday and stuck basically to meat and salad and fizzy water! Going away on thursday to my parents and seeing both my sisters which will be great although I dont know if I will manage to stay on plan so will just have to make wise choices and get back on track as soon as I return on monday.
I have decided I am going to do the race for life in July as I am hoping that it will motivate me to stay on track and also to continue to do daily exercise (managed at least 30 mins a day this weekend) so that will be my next focus! Havent done anything like it since my teens when I used to do 25 mile sponsered walks for various charities. With my niece having cancer again it seems fitting that I should do this and my daughter has already signed up too!
So then I will have only a month to go after that until the big family party for father-out-laws 80th birthday in August! The family from USA will be over then that we havent seen for a couple of years so that is my main target date to get as low as possible for. 100 odd people at a party and many I havent met for years and have only known me at an extremely obese level I would love to be approaching normal by then for the first time in my life! Even at 2lbs a week that will still be another 1 1/2 stone off and hopefully with the exercise and walking I can increase on that! Not even going to think about clothes until a couple of weeks before!
Looking forward to a nice short working week and the 4 days off work now and then lots of family catching up to do. My younger sister doing SW so look forward to seeing the changes in her too. We try not to discuss weight on the phone as have both battled for years, just nice to notice a difference when we meet every couple of months!
Am trying to add an extra litre of water a day too so back to weeing for england again but hope that may help too. That light at the end of the tunnell is getting closer and my jar of stones is looking better - must take another pic!

alison55 said:
Hi everyone,
I have another 2 pounds off this week so it is still moving in the right direction although still slower than I would like! Daft thing to say really as what I would like is a stone a week and thats not going to happen!! Still going down though! Its my birthday on tuesday but have nothing planned as hubby is away till wednesday this week. Went to our daughters for a birthday BBQ on saturday and stuck basically to meat and salad and fizzy water! Going away on thursday to my parents and seeing both my sisters which will be great although I dont know if I will manage to stay on plan so will just have to make wise choices and get back on track as soon as I return on monday.
I have decided I am going to do the race for life in July as I am hoping that it will motivate me to stay on track and also to continue to do daily exercise (managed at least 30 mins a day this weekend) so that will be my next focus! Havent done anything like it since my teens when I used to do 25 mile sponsered walks for various charities. With my niece having cancer again it seems fitting that I should do this and my daughter has already signed up too!
So then I will have only a month to go after that until the big family party for father-out-laws 80th birthday in August! The family from USA will be over then that we havent seen for a couple of years so that is my main target date to get as low as possible for. 100 odd people at a party and many I havent met for years and have only known me at an extremely obese level I would love to be approaching normal by then for the first time in my life! Even at 2lbs a week that will still be another 1 1/2 stone off and hopefully with the exercise and walking I can increase on that! Not even going to think about clothes until a couple of weeks before!
Looking forward to a nice short working week and the 4 days off work now and then lots of family catching up to do. My younger sister doing SW so look forward to seeing the changes in her too. We try not to discuss weight on the phone as have both battled for years, just nice to notice a difference when we meet every couple of months!
Am trying to add an extra litre of water a day too so back to weeing for england again but hope that may help too. That light at the end of the tunnell is getting closer and my jar of stones is looking better - must take another pic!

Hi Alison, hope you have had a lovely weekend. Bet everyone noticed your shrinking frame! So is it now down to some serious training for the Race for Life? I have a badminton competition in just under two weeks plus a hiking holiday next month (with hubby's hillwalking club who are all pretty fit!). So it's serious business on the training front for me too. The absolute bonus is that it is a brilliant calorie burner so should help with the push to weight loss target.

Looking forward to seeing the new balance in the jar os stones.....

Back