My Diary, by Coughdrops

Morning Kay, Food was yum yesterday, high SF and low syns. Had just 2 or 3 syns. Dinner ended up being pork stir fried in SW bbq sauce, with peppers rocket and cauliflower (yeah, I know, Cauli doesn't really go with the rest!). I had a yogurt and my final 2 Ryvita before bed. Hope it pays off tomorrow!

I normally get the pumpkin seed or sesame seed Ryvita, which I find very tasty. My local shop only does the plain ones though, so thought I'd try them. They're ok, but blaaaaaaaaaaaand... once I finish the pack I am back to the nice ones.

Tuesday 25.02 RED

Not very hungry today. Which is a good job, cos we're running low on supplies. Will do my shopping tonight, and get back on the fruit wagon

Breakfast
2 Ryvita
coffee 1/2 syn

1.5 litres of water

Lunch
chicken breast and ham, chopped up
mixed with extra light mayo 1 syn
spread on ryvita with handful of rocket

yogurt and a satsuma
Green tea

4.30 pm coffee 1/2 syn

Dinner is going to be the same as last night. Maybe minus the cauli :rolleyes:

Update:
Dinner went as planned, followed by a satsuma and a yogurt.
Had a packet of sweets for 9 syns in front of tv.

Total syns 11
No Hex A!
Hex B was Ryvitas.

Last edited:
Thursday 27.02

I was down a pound last night- I am happy with that, but I need to get more into the plan again. I'm drifting a bit between being 100% or totally ignoring SW on my day "off"... which could end up being a weekend off. So I need to decide: is it worth all this hard work on my good days, to follow it by a couple of bad days, just to get a pound off? Whereas if I stick to it 100%, I'll get a good loss.

This week I want to jazz it up a bit. I'm going to try new breakfasts, as I am ALWAYS having Ryvita. I'm going to do more Red days, so going to look at more recipes. We've had a lot of curries and stirfries recently, so need to change that a bit too.

Breakfast
apple
yogurt
coffee 1/2 a syn

Mid morning
banana
1 litre NAS squash

Lunch
Scrambled Egg
1 mini babybel Hex A
2 Ryvita Hex B
slice of ham
satsuma
coffee 1/2

Last edited:
loving the positive vibes :vibes:

oooh also this week I am going to try to use my syns on "proper" food, as part of my meals, and not just sweets

...so no more strawberry pencils then ? :D ...well done on your fab loss hun, really happy for you :) !

Kay xx

Considering they're the same syns as a frozen jacket spud on Red, I reckon I should really go for the spud!

Don't worry... I'll probably end up having a pack over the weekend at some stage. They are addictive.

Considering they're the same syns as a frozen jacket spud on Red, I reckon I should really go for the spud!

Don't worry... I'll probably end up having a pack over the weekend at some stage. They are addictive.

I love my sweeties too :), but can't put anything like that in my trolley or will risk becoming the size of the trolley, no portion control when it comes to me :D. If its not at home I won't eat it, that's the only way it works for me which is a shame, I miss all that stuff. But I will soldier on with my muller ff yogurts anyway :rolleyes: .

Kay xx

I've to go and buy one pack at a time. If I bulk buy, I bulk eat!

So I literally have to hop in car, go to shop, and buy one single pack.

Yesterday I stuck to plan, and only had syns with my meals.

Breakfast
apple
yogurt
coffee 1/2 a syn

Mid morning
banana
1 litre NAS squash

Lunch
Scrambled Egg
1 mini babybel Hex A
2 Ryvita Hex B
slice of ham
satsuma
coffee 1/2 syn

Before dinner- satsuma

Dinner
SW curry with veg and chicken
Frozen Jacket spud from Aldi 9 syns
2 mini babybel Hex A

Afters
Muller light
Aldi Benefit bar Hex B

Total 10 syns

Morning coughdrops :) well done for sticking to the plan and having a 100% day. 10 syns is fab and sounds like you really enjoyed your meals :p. Dinner for yesterday looks scrummy indeed ! :D

Kay xx

Morning Kay! Will nip over to your diary in a sec.

OMG DH sat beside me with a big share bag of Salt and Vinegar Hunky Dory crisps... do you get Hunky Dory's over there? They are one of my favourites, and I didn't even sniff the bag.

Funny when I am being good I expect him to give up all his treats, but when I am off plan I expect him to share :D

Morning Niamh!
How did you find synning within your meals?
I think it will make some meals more yummy (if poss) and limit snacking on crud.
I want to try and do it a little too.
I used no syns yesterday but then my bf cooked last night and there was coconut cream, satay and defo some oil. I'm going to give it my 15 syns- had a very small portion but was nicer than him eating scrumptiousness and me eating a stinky salad.

And then you're filling up on actual food instead of mikado's and god knows what else I stuff in when I have spare syns.

Well- thats my life story on your page...

Hope you have a wonderful day xxxxx

Hi Kimberly, your dinner sounds amazing... I'd have devoured it.

I kinda feel deprived having syns in my meals (after 1 day, jeez I am so dramatic!). And when I was having my spud I was thinking if I switch now to EE, this will only be 1.5 syn. Even though I'd stuck to Red all day, and I'd nothing else in to eat anyway.

Basically, I want to eat crap all the live-long day.

I'll plough on though. Might go mad and have EE Sat and Sun

I kinda feel deprived having syns in my meals (after 1 day, jeez I am so dramatic!).

Might go mad and have EE Sat and Sun

Ha- I know what you mean!! I'm sooo the same with the dramatic deprivation. It's very important in the moment isn't it.
EE at the weekend?! You blimmin rebel!!!

I'm contemplating no booze at the weekend....tum de dum... :rolleyes:

If we go to cinema, I'll be gorging on popcorn, cos cinema food don't count.

Ah no, I've got to put in a good weekend if I want to get a decent loss.

I've no wine in the house... so if I don't buy any I'll be fine. I can't have it in and not drink it though.

Morning Kay

I'm good thanks, have had such a busy week both at work and at home that I've not had much time online. I had a loss of 0.5 last night, which is fair, my best laid plans went out the window once the busy-ness kicked in!

I'll get back on track properly today and do a diary.

Breakfast
2 Ryvita Hex B
1 banana
2 coffees- allowing 1.5 syns, had quite a bit of milk

Lunch
Ryvita
satsuma
2 slices ham
yogurt
coffee 1/2 syn

Curry is made for dinner, and need to do some shopping.... veggies are looking a bit withered!

Back