My Diary, by Coughdrops

Thanks Kay

Was just catching up on some threads, it's hard to keep up! Like you, we're low on food supplies today, so a big supermarket shop is on the cards for tonight. My husband is going away for the weekend, which is ideal for Red days, as there won't be any goodies looking at me. Friday and Sat night in front of tv is a dangerous time for me!

Going to re-read the book for Red, in case I am missing something, but I think I am doing it ok and that it will just take 2 weeks to show on scales.

(In case he reads this: OF COURSE I'LL MISS HIM... ;) )

Thursday 27th

So after last nights teeny tiny loss, I'm trying to mix things up again this week.

1) Sticking to Original- it's working out ok for me, I just think my body is a week behind!
2) Up the superfree- I know with Original they don't stress the 1/3 superfree but it just makes sense!
3) Lower syns / using syns for meals = less snacking on sweets!
4) Water, water everywhere - I am actually ok at sticking to my 2 / 3 litres a day, but it's good to note it down anyway.

I am making it BIG and PINK so I see it when I log in!

Thursday Eats: Red

Breakfast

Bowl of melon
coffee 1/2 syn

Mid morning
1 litre of NAS squash

Lunch
2 Ryvitas from Hex B
Cheese from Hex A
2 scrambled eggs
2 satumas

1 pint NAS squash

Last edited:
Thanks Kay

Was just catching up on some threads, it's hard to keep up! Like you, we're low on food supplies today, so a big supermarket shop is on the cards for tonight. My husband is going away for the weekend, which is ideal for Red days, as there won't be any goodies looking at me. Friday and Sat night in front of tv is a dangerous time for me!

Going to re-read the book for Red, in case I am missing something, but I think I am doing it ok and that it will just take 2 weeks to show on scales.

(In case he reads this: OF COURSE I'LL MISS HIM... ;) )

Hey Nimah :) I have an idea which I will share with you, got it from someone else on here and I think its great. For fri and sat nights infront of the tv, try to stick with free food all day long until the evening, then when your infront of the telly (when we all snack the most) make a syn bag for yourself :D. A syn bag is made up of 15 syns of all the lovely treats that you would like to have. This way you will feel rewarded at the end of the day and 15 syns is a lot, you might even find you don't finish all the bag ! This will also stop you from having a blip in the day because you know you can look forward to your treats in the evening and it keeps you on plan because you know you have already calculated the syn bag to 15 syns. :p Hope this helps hun .

Kay xx

Last edited:
Thanks Kay, I like that idea.

I might try it next week. This week, I am planning on early nights with my laptop, FB and minis. I might go mad and buy an options hot choc as a treat to sip in bed.

I am so Rock n Roll

Yep defo give the syn bag a go hun, I hope it works :). Oh I love my options hot choccys, use them in my cheesecakes too, so yummy . :D

Kay xx

Dinner last night was gorgeous. Got an Amoy peanut satay sauce, which is syntastic at 10 syn a sachet, but between me and DH it was worth the syns.
Updated food list below:

Thursday Eats: Red

Breakfast

Bowl of melon
coffee 1/2 syn

Mid morning
1 litre of NAS squash

Lunch
2 Ryvitas from Hex B
Cheese from Hex A
2 scrambled eggs
2 satumas

1 pint NAS squash
Chewing gum throughout the day 1/2 syn
Coffee 1/2 syn

Dinner
chicken stirfry- chicken, bean sprouts, green pepper, onion, garlic
Satay sauce 5 syns
side of rocket, chopped apple, balsamic vinegar

Snacks
3 Ryvita - 2nd HEX B
Walkers poppers - 4 syns

Total syns 10.5

sounds absolutely YUM. I love a satay, peanut style sauce me!
Which reminds me- bought the new peanut hi-fi bars at group the other day. DELISH!!!

Our consultant was raving about those bars. I never buy HiFis, I'd eat them all in one sitting. Love peanut stuff, so I definitely can't go buying those! I'd inhale them.

Friday 28, Red Day, Salad Challenge Day 1

Breakfast

Coffee 1/2 syn
2 satsuma

1 Litre NAS squash

Mid morning

2 Ryvita from Hex B
1 apple

oooh- tell me more about this salad challenge?
you've probs already explained before but I'm constantly switching browsers when at work! lol :eek:

Just had lovely salad for lunch, and made enough to have tomorrow too:

warm Chicken and b
acon
olives 1.5 syns
peppers
apple
pear
rocket
Feta Hex A
balsamic vinegar

Dinner:

Niamh's version of Burger in a Bowl!

2 quorn burgers 1 syn
fried onion, with honey 1 syn
bed of rocket leaves
chopped peppers
slice of bacon, all fat removed
feta (2nd Hex A)

burgers are on george forman, smell fab, I am STARVING.

Have chopped up melon and pineapple for later if I want a snack and 2 more Ryvitas from Hex B

Totting up syns:
Milk 1
Olives 1.5
Burgers 1
Honey 1
going to take this to bed: Choc orange options 2

6.5 syns

Last edited:
Saturday 29.03.14

Having a lazy day today, lying on couch watching tv at the moment. Have some spring cleaning to do later but have all day to do it. DH not back til tomorrow afternoon.

Food today is going to be similar to yesterday, I cut up loads of salad stuff yesterday so need to use it up.

Just had breakfast- melon and pineapple chunks, 2 Ryvita, Coffee (0.5 syn).

Going to start on my 3 L of water now.

Lunch was salad, 1.5 syns on olives

"Dinner" was an apple, a banana, and remainder of Ryvitas from Hex B.

Total syns for day- olives and milk - 3 syns

Was in bed by 7.30 with a migraine, puked my guts up by 9, and slept to midnight. I was awake then until 5, and woke up again at 8 (new time... I think.... I am TIRED)

Still remnants of a migraine there, but much better than I was. Plan for today is:

Coffee and painkillers
Spend an hour tidying kitchen, and make a curry that we can eat tonight
Tidy up our bedroom, make up bed with nice clean linen
Have a super long hot shower with "nice" smellies, scrub hair, feel more human
Clean pjs and back to bed for a couple of hours

Be HUMAN when hubby gets home later today.

Hey Niamh :), just popped in to say, well done on starting the salad challenge, I hope it goes well for you hun, you seem to be doing well on it. If only I could convince you to do some light body magic also :D . Ah well we live in hope ;). Will be interesting to see your weigh in results on Wednesday, hope you are rewarded with a fab loss for all the effort your putting in this week. Hope you've had a lovely weekend hun. :)

Kay xx

Hey hun, popping in to sub. How am I not subbed to your diary already!? Anyways I'll have a catch up over the next couple of days but good luck with your salad challenge xxx

Morning all

Was still sick yesterday, my stomach was so queasy I couldn't face eating much. So no salad at all yesterday

Breakfast apple and 3 Ryvita
mid afternoon- had 2 mini SW quiches and a tiny bit of melon and pineapple
Dinner- had a SW curry with extra veggies made but after 3 mouthfuls I was done

Later I had a orange flavoured options, and a choccie biscuit (first one in AGES)

Syns:
2 for milk
2 for options
3.5 for biscuit

Feel a bit better today, but still not 100%

Stomach still not responding well to food, so trying to keep meals small and plain today

Salad challenge Day 4

Breakfast
coffee 1 syn for milk
2 Ryvita
satsuma

Lunch
Small turkey breast salad- turkey, apple, mixed leaves, pear, pepper, olives (1.5 syns)

Afternoon
2 Ryvita
coffee 1 syn

Dinner
WW mex chilli meal 5.5 syns

Water - 2 litres

9 syns in total

Last edited:
Back