My Diary, by Coughdrops

Thanks Danielle, in my haste to post my result I didn't even notice your message earlier :eek:

Hope you're keeping well? I'll pop over to your diary.

So thrilled with my loss, I've been trying to get past 2 stone since December- isn't that shockingly slow?!.

Thanks Kay, going to have to do the salad challenge on a regular basis over the summer, to keep things moving!

Your welcome hun :D, you worked hard for it, you deserve it ! I'm so pleased up until now everyone that has done the challenge has had a loss on it :p. Yep will defo be great having you on board on the next one ! Enjoy the rest of your evening hun ! :)

Kay xx

Thanks Emma

Yes, I sat down last night and worked out our dinners for the week, and made a list of everything I need. Hitting the shops later.

Got a good bit of fruit in the SOTW loot, so that'll get me through today til shopping time.

Thursday 3rd April

Now that I've finally got over 2 stone, I want to keep the momentum going, and try to make a dent in 3 stone over April.

Had a good think over things last night, and want to try the following:

1. Red days are working for me, so going to stick to those on Mon-Fri, and switch back to EE at weekend if I am eating out.
2. Water- I am drinking loads of NAS squash, which I am a bit afraid of overdoing, so I want so switch to bog standard water. Got a tip in group last night, about adding grapefruit, lemon, orange, cucumber and mint leaves to iced water, so going to try making up a big jug each morning.
3. Breakfast- I am a divil for eating a late brekkie, or none at all, and it's usually pretty insubstantial. I'm NEVER going to get up in time to make a big breakfast from scratch, but I am going to try having a better one. 2 bits of fruit, a yogurt and 1 Ryvita @8/30 is a better meal than grabbing 2 Ryvitas at 10am.
4. Body Magic - I promised myself, DH (and Kay hehehe) that once I got 2 stone off I'd start exercising. Man do I HATE it, but once I get into it, I am fine. So, to keep my word I am going to do at least 3 days this week, and build up from there. I PROMISE.

I really want to lose 2lbs this week, and get into 13s, so I need to push on and knuckle down.

Have a meal out with DH for our anniversary over the weekend, so I'll let myself go off plan for that, but back on it next morning.

Wow you definitely mean business! It's good to know you've got your head in the game and you are so determind!

With regards to your breakfast, instead of just having 2 bits of fruit with a yogurt, why not chop the fruit up and cover it in yogurt? It's much more tasty and makes you feel fuller for longer in my opinion.

I do that sometimes in the evening, but yeah it'd be a good breakfast. Might switch the Ryvita for a weetabix or porridge oats to bulk it out.

Hey hun, well done on that fabby loss. So chuffed for you and another great result for the salad challenge too. Can't wait to get started with it!

I love your little plan. I feel the same about red days, they definitely give my losses a boost so I try to have at least 4 red days a week, more if I can manage it.

I was the same with exercise and kepy putting it off too. Only started doing it this last week and I feel loads better in myself already. It'll definitely help with the toning too so well worth doing. I'd just say try and find exercise you enjoy. I know that might sound like an alien concept,I couldn't imagine I'd enjoy exercise, but I love my kettle bells and swimming where as sitting on an exercise bike makes me want to commit hari kuri! :p Once you find something you love it'll be much easier to stick to.

Hope you have a lovely week xxx

Thursday 3rd Food - Red day

Breakfast

pear
1 Ryvita from HEx B
Coffee 1 syn for milk

Lunch
McCain jacket spud 9.5 syns
Feta HEx A
Satsuma
Coffee 1 syn for milk

5pm
2 Ryvita Hex B

1.5 litres water

Dinner
Quorn Bolognaise:
quorn mince
passata
onions
garlic
peppers
bean sprouts
side of mixed leaves and chopped up apple

Muller light

Total syns 11.5
1 Hex B
1 Hex A

Body Magic- Leslie Sansone 1 mile express walk

Morning guys

Happy with my food for yesterday, I didn't really snack at all apart from my Hex B

Did some body magic at lunchtime, I stuck on Leslie Sansone on PC and followed the 1 mile walk. I know 1 mile is pretty lame, but I want to do that for a week or so before moving up to 2 miles. I actually quite enjoyed it - I guess not carrying an extra 30 lbs helps - so I plan to do it at lunchtime when I am working, then on days off myself and DH will go for proper walks.

Bev- thanks for the advice. It definitely helps when you enjoy what you're doing. I am not ready for the gym or kettle bells yet, but someday! I'll see how I do walking first, and can add in another DVD when I get a bit stronger.

Going away tonight, last minute night in a hotel with dinner and drinks. I'll be sensible food wise, but not guaranteeing anything when it comes to the vino. Can't wait, we've not been away in ages.

Friday 4th EE as we're going out for dinner.

Quick breakfast update!

I tried magic porridge for breakfast today, with a chopped apple on top. Ate it earlier than normal, at 8.30. Really enjoyed it, and have been pretty hungry all morning, so hopefully that has kicked started my metabolism and I am burning off as I type! Had a pear at 11am, and just finishing my 3rd pint of water. Not decided on my lunch yet.

Monday 7th April

I was totally off plan Fri night and Saturday, away with my DH for the night. We had a lovely time, and I didn't go too mad with food, but there were quite a few beverages consumed!

Back on Red first thing yesterday morning:

Sunday 6th

Breakfast
Magic porridge with Muller (HEXB)
Apple
Coffee (HEXA)

Lunch
Hot chicken salad (1.5 for olives)
Coffee (HEXA)

Mid Afternoon
3 Ryvitas (HEXB2)
2 Laughing cow blue cheese (HEXA2)
Grapes
Apple
Mullerlight

Dinner
Quorn bolognaise with rocket peppers and chopped apple on the side
2 Laughing cow blue cheese (HEXA2)

Muller Greek style 0.5
Options 2

2 Hex As
2 Hex Bs
4 syns
1.5 litres water

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sure I am up from the night away, so going to do low syn red until w/i on Wed. Would be very happy with a maintain.

Thanks Emma

That was yesterday's, but today is going to be pretty much the same as I have leftovers of everything! I really want a maintain, although I'm due * week later this week which can cause a gain.

If that's the case, I'll just have a super loss next week instead!

Monday's Food (so far.....mwahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa)

Breakfast
Magic porridge with Muller (HEXB)
Coffee (HEXA)

Mid-morning
handful of grapes
mint tea

Lunch
Hot chicken salad (1.5 for olives)
Coffee (HEXA)
Muller Greek style 0.5

Mid Afternoon
3 Ryvitas (HEXB2)
Coffee 1 syn

Dinner is going to be Quorn bolognaise with rocket peppers and chopped apple on the side, left over from last night

1 Hex A
2 Hex Bs
2 litres water so far

Feel like something "nice" later, so might get a bag of Pops when I am in shops. Peckish for no reason, so hoping a small treat will stop the craving.

ETA: Ended up with a bag of Snax for 4.5 syns

Total syns 7.5

Last edited:
Not feeling it for tomorrow, think I am going to be up. There will be tears *

* not really, more like a quiet huff

Not feeling it for tomorrow, think I am going to be up. There will be tears *

* not really, more like a quiet huff

You know whats not cool?
That you just cannot tell. You cannot.

I don't get this SW thing. 88 miles I've walked in the last 4 weeks and 0.5lb loss to show for it (plus any GAIN I may get tomorrow).
Ridick.

Peeved that I went off plan for 2 days, but have been super good the other 5 (well, will have been by W/I tomorrow), and I look like I am gaining. Surely 5 days should balance out 2? So I'd get a sts?

SURELY!!!

chuck your scales out the window

I would- but we don't have a window in the bathroom :eek:

Back