My Diary, by Coughdrops

I have been on Extra Easy since I started SW in January. I dont know very much about the other two plans its red and green isnt it? When I joined my consultant was really getting everyone to go on Extra Easy so I have just stayed on that. What would red/green days be good for? I have a night out Saturday will probably be more alcohol than food but I'm so afraid of going of the rails. I have even thought about cancelling but I havent seen these friends since christmas. Have to be honest and say havent even looked at the other books in my pack I just have extra easy drilled into me now at this stage! Dreading the kids of school next week it could send me of the rails alltogether!!

EE is the plan they go through in group mainly, and I reckon it would be too confusing to introduce the other plans too, with such limited time to chat in group.

In your pack is a smaller book for Original (red) and Green. It goes with your main book, y'know how the main book has the Free, Superfree and Hexs for EE in it? Well this other book has those pages for Red or Green days.

Red days cut out the carbs. You don't get your free rice, pasta, spuds. You have to use Hex B for those or syn them. And the Hex B amount for each is piddly. Instead you're filling up on meat, superfree veg/fruit, free food. You get 2 Hex Bs a day, and 1 or 2 Hex As
You really have to check that book though, cos "free" on EE isn't the same on Red, e.g. baked beans. And syn values are totally different for a lot of things.

Green is similar to Red, except you've got more carbs but less meat (you syn meat). It's what the vegetarians tend to follow.

I try to do Red Mon-Fri, and then EE on a Saturday feels like you are eating LOADS.

If you're going out Sat night, a few Red days after would help.

And deffo go out, you have to enjoy yourself the odd time. So what if you gain a little (which, if you're 100% the rest of the week, you prob won't)... it'll be gone the following week. You can't become a recluse on SW, you'll go spare!

Thanks a million for explaining the plans. I have the books, will dig them out again and might do a some red days maybe Monday and Tuesday next week and see how I go. I weigh in on Wednesday mornings so I guess I will have time to get back on track. I seem to be going through a phase now of small loss then a bigger loss and next week is due to be my bigger loss!

You're right though one night isnt going to ruin things. When I started SW I never actually thought I would still be on it in April, enjoying it and losing weight!!

You are doing really well also. I was a bit disappointed with my 1lb this week but you know what its another pound of and someone here has a picture of what a pound of fat looks like so that shut me up pretty quick!!

ps thanks for link to that thread will def check that out really need some new ideas.

I was out Fri night, dinner and drinks, and ate loads of junk on Saturday at the cinema, but went back on Red Sun-Wed. I was pleased to get the pound after all that pigging out.

I've nothing really planned for this weekend, we're not going anywhere, so I shouldn't be veering too far off plan, though there might be some vino! ;)

Faking it

So, I got the Fakeaways book last night. It looks amazing, lots of lovely recipes to try. Made my shopping list, and on the menu for the next week includes Meat feast pizza and Chicken Tikka Masala.

Going to try the pizza tonight, I hope to God it's edible or I will cry.

@Kimberly.... remember the SMASH disaster....

OK dinner was NOT pizza, got home from shops too late to start faffing around with flour. So had a pork stirfry instead, with side salad and 3.5 syn for sauce.

Tomorrow, I think I'll do EE and make SW wedges with our pizza.

Thursday Food

Red Day

Breakfast
1x apple
1x pear
1x Ryvita from Hex B

coffee 1 syn

mint tea

Lunch
warm chicken salad
olives 1.5 syns
onion, rocket
pear
balsamic vinegar
fat free fromage frais
coffee 1 syn

4pm
2 Ryvita from Hex B

3 litres water

Dinner
Pork stirfry
sauce 3.5 syns
peppers
onion
side of rocket and apple

3 Ryvita Hex B 2 snack in front of tv

6.5 syns on sweets
13.5 syns in total

Last edited:
Evening Niamh :p, your foodage looks fab hun. I bought the fakeaway book too in group this week, loving the recipes. Will have to wait to try them though, got soup on the mind lol. Spotted you on the challenge thread, you did amazing on the last one hun. I will add you to list. I know you'll have another fab loss on this one ! :D

Kay xx

Thanks Kay, hoping to get my 2.5 stone award as a result! I'll spend some time on Saturday going through your soup rules and get all ready to start!

Thanks Kay, hoping to get my 2.5 stone award as a result! I'll spend some time on Saturday going through your soup rules and get all ready to start!

If you stick with the challenge like you did the last one, I'm sure you will hun :D ! I need to do a food shop too soup related lol .

Kay xx

my unopened tub of smash is at the back of the cupboard waiting for a rainy day.

Hope your fakeaway one is delish. I look forward to the review.
Now going to go find this soup challenge...

Will be making it tonight, so I'll let you know! DH is really looking forward to it, although there is a back-up Goodfellas in freezer for him if it all goes pear-shaped.

All the books were sold out at my class when I was there Wednesday so have to wait until next week to get a copy can't wait.

Ps have you any tips for getting more water drank?
I notice you drank 3litres. I am just managing 1 litre a day.

Hi New Me

I have a 750ml River Rock bottle on my desk, and I refill it constantly! I have a page beside me for my food diary that I scribble on all day. I've a column on it titles "750" and every time I get to the end of my bottle, I tick that. I usually have 4 by 6pm.

I think the more water you drink, the more you want it, if that makes sense?

We were told about "detox water" in group, which isn't proven or anything (as far as I know!). In a jug put slices of cucumber, grapefruit, orange, lemon, and mint leaves. Fill it with water and it flavours it. I've a jug of that in kitchen that I use to refill my bottle from. It's a bit more interesting than plain old tap!

Morning Niamh :), you're sounding really positive this morning, loving it ! Mmm I love the sound of that `detox water ' sounds fab, I think I will give it a try ! Thanks for sharing :p. Hope your having a fab day hun.

Kay xx

thanks for tip will try that over weekend. Think I need to get a bigger bottle that might help me too! I just refill a 500ml. funny when I started it was okay but just find this week now I have really started to struggle with the water! Hopefully this nice sunny day will help us all drink more :)

Having an EE day today, so we can have pizza and SW chips later. Decided to have a jacket potato for lunch... it felt soooooo wrong but tasted so nice!

I am clearly insane

Fakeaway pizza is a winner!

Pizza base 5.5 syns
sw bbq sauce free
peppers
onions
pork and bacon
olives 1.5 syns

SW chips
Rocket and peppers

fakeaway pizza.jpg

Hurrahh!!!!