My Diary, by Coughdrops

Have been off work 3weeks with chest pain and breathlessness -heart tests have all come back clear but now testing lung function -why they couldn't do that at same time as heart tests don't know -have given me an inhaler in meantime to see if it helps

That sounds really unpleasant, hope the inhaler helps x

Hopefully it will - I note that our starting stats are about the same so hope I can do as well as you are doing

Thanks Carol. It's been slow for me, I don't stick to plan 100%, but I am beginning to feel much healthier. I'm enjoying the good weather much more this year than I did last year, even though I still have a long way to go.

Hi Niamh,

Welcome back, missed ya on here over the weekend. Have you thought anymore about sw group or are you going to start with your own scales for time being?

I'm still not 100% sure, but I think I'll try to get to the other group as much as I can.

I might do both? W/I on my scales here on a Wed as normal, which will show me if I am going in the right direction, and then the weeks I can get to group I'll go on a Thurs. My house scales vary a bit to SW scales, but after the first week it shouldn't make a difference as I'll mainly just be going by those scales.

Even if I can't get to group every week, I sort of want the accountability of knowing I'll be going back.

Would be no harm to do both until you decide what you are going to do. I know I shouldn't but I weigh myself every few days on my own scales to see if it's going down. I have weigh watchers scales that do the body fat, bmi, water and all that jazz but they do differ to my sw scales. One of my friends group is closing now soon to so she's thinking of going it alone for the moment to see can she do it.

Ok folks, want to run this by you:

As you ALL KNOW I don't have a group any more. But I still wanna be a Wednesday Weigher. So how does this sound:

Today I weigh on my home scales. It won't tie in with my SW weight from last week, different scales, Easter eggs and all that jazz. So I don't put this week's weight on to the Challenge... I ask daz to mark it as a holiday week.

Essentially I am using this week as my new start weight, and from next week on I get a (hopefully lower) true reading weighing at home.

Does that make sense?

And I still weigh in on a Thurs group when I can, just to keep track on SW.

I think you become a morning weigher too!
I would if I could!!!

Also- going to way on a thurs might mix things up too much. Unless you do like a weekly weds and a fortnightly thurs..

I'm so sorry that you're having to think of all of this. It sucks.

Yeah it's pretty pants. Already I have found myself relaxing cos I don't have official scales today.

I think I'll try what I've outlined above, and see how it goes. Starting salad challenge tomorrow, so hopefully I get a good result next week, and then I'll be back on track.

Ok. So you'll go home this evening. Put your WI clothes on and that will be your start weight. When you can you'll go to group (when you're doing a big shop in the big town or something).

Don't be dispondent about your start weight though will you. And make sure you stick to the same tile/floor board! Lol.
Salad challenge is the way forward I feel. I failed the soup challenge epic-ly. And some.

Ok. So you'll go home this evening. Put your WI clothes on and that will be your start weight. When you can you'll go to group (when you're doing a big shop in the big town or something).

That's the plan!

Just weighed in at home, on the proper tile and in proper w/i clothes. So my new start weight is 14st 3lbs. We will see how next week goes!

I think that's a great idea Niamh. At least now you have a true weight on your own scales plus as mentioned you become a morning Wednesday weigher which is brill :)

Well done on a fresh start Niamh, I know your gonna do smashing this week on the challenge. Hope you have a lovely evening hun :).

Kay xx

Aloooooooooooooone....

Day 1 of going alone. So far so good.

Started Kay's Salad Challenge today too, so it's all guns blazing. Have a big quorn bolognaise for dinner tonight, and probably tomorrow going by the size of it.

well done on day one Niamh. Best of luck with the salad challenge. I made a massive dinner this evening with egg noodles enough for lunch tomorrow but I am just after eating the leftovers! Doh! Hope your dinner was yum :)

Snappy Snaps

Decided to take some progress pics this morning, to see if I'd spot any changes. Took the pics (badly) on my phone and thought I was looking pretty lardy in them. Til I rooted out the old ones. Cripes I've come a long way, even though there is still a long road ahead of me.

Feeling a bit smug now.

First set were taken 4 weeks in, I'd lost 11.5 lbs
Second set are today, over 2 stone off.

29th Sept 4 wks front.jpg25.04 2 stone.jpg

29th Sept 4 wks side.jpg25.04 2 stone side.jpg

Looking great Niamh. You would notice the difference in you. I'm sorry I didn't take any before I started sw. I took some about a month ago and I took some again there during week but I don't notice much difference!

I've a few pics from nights out etc, but no full-on torso shots. So decided I'd take some at the start. Was meant to do it every few weeks, but sure most of those weeks I'd not lost anything :eek:

Niamh you've come so so far! Thank goodness for taking before pictures eh. Even if you don't really feel like it at the time.
I have a couple of scary underwear shots buried away in my phone somewhere but I don't think I'd ever get them out unless my "after" body was a size 6. When pigs fly.

Back