my diary - from lardy to lovely!

i had a bit of a fall tuesday night when i was out running. an oncoming car dazzled me and i subsequently put my foot in a pothole and fell over. ive got roadrashed knees and hands and a very swollen and bruised ankle....feeling a right twit and a bit sorry for myself..still come into work today though so i reckon i deserve the medal for the day lol

h x

ewwww H did he/she stop? Hope you're not too battered. Well done on your 3.5lb loss, definitely going in the right direction. xx

Are you better? Is the ankle still swollen?

Are you better? Is the ankle still swollen?

thanks for asking x yeah its not good to be honest and by now (ive got weak ankles and ive twisted and pulled tendons etc since i was a kiddie), the bruise and swelling has gone down but it hasnt and its still agony. im taking ibruprofen cause i thought it would help with the swelling. last time i went to a and e they said no need to come back again if you do it again cause you know what to do..ie compression, ice, etc etc which ive done...im not sure what to do whether i leave it and go to a and e but then i feel i might be wasting their time. im sat here at work and its throbbing away lol im fed up with it boo hoo lol

h x

I hate going to a&e - they always make you feel like you shouldn't be there unless your arm is hanging off! Maybe could you try and get in with your gp for an appointment? Then if he/she tells you to go to a&e you can tell them you were sent by your doctor! Either way if you know it's not right you should get it looked at x

I hate going to a&e - they always make you feel like you shouldn't be there unless your arm is hanging off! Maybe could you try and get in with your gp for an appointment? Then if he/she tells you to go to a&e you can tell them you were sent by your doctor! Either way if you know it's not right you should get it looked at x

think i will try and make an appointment for monday then if its not improved. its no good trying for today as id never get in..i think theyd laugh at me lol

h x

Oh sorry to hear about your ankle :( hope you get it sorted. Just when you were getting back to your running as well! Hope it doesn't demotivate you hun, you've been doing great :)
Hazel
x

Oh sorry to hear about your ankle :( hope you get it sorted. Just when you were getting back to your running as well! Hope it doesn't demotivate you hun, you've been doing great :)
Hazel
x

hi yeah i know its a total poop to be stopped in my tracks as ive been running every other day but as soon as the bruises have gone,ill be out again..just not at night for a while lol

h x

felt sorry for myself cause i couldnt go out and caved...wont weigh myself now til next wed cause i know if ive gained any ill give in...just how im feeling at the moment :( ill get over it

h x

Awww that's not good.
If it's not getting better you should go to the GP and get it x-rayed. It might not have been broken before but this might be one time too many. xx

finally went to the drs who sent to the hospital for an xray and ive got a grade 3 sprain..ive had it strapped up and on paracetamol and ibruprofen and its just taken the edge off..its really painful. im feeling quite down cause im not a person to just sit, i like to be doing something and knowing i cant move,well its doing my head in!!!! losing weight vvslowly this week which is probably to do with eating last friday and hardly moving so ill have to put with whatever weightloss my body decides this thursday wont i :(

ah bugger lol

h xx

weigh in 204.6 so 3.5lb loss...which is fine

That's a great loss Harriet, well done you, you've had a tough week! Fingers crossed you're back on your feet in no time :) x

That's a great loss Harriet, well done you, you've had a tough week! Fingers crossed you're back on your feet in no time :) x

thanks steph..literally :)

getting back on my feet slowly

h x

btw..i can get into my size 14 jeans again...so pleased at the moment...size 12 im eyeing you up!

h x

Hi H,
I hope your ankle is on the mend and you're trotting around now not hopping! :). Those size 12's are beckoning you :D

Hi H,
I hope your ankle is on the mend and you're trotting around now not hopping! :). Those size 12's are beckoning you :D

sort of hobbling with a stick but with the pills it definately helps :)

ta

h x

ive just realised ive lost 18lbs in 3 weeks...god im so pleased! ive only just over a weeks worth of sachets left though so ill refeed for a few weeks i think before deciding what to do next

h x

Back