My Diary - JCH's slimdown to 40!

JCH_WK72

Life Begins...
Hi all,

I've had a good mooch on here and spent hours reading some really fantastic sticky's and diaries, which have been a great inspiration to me over the past couple of weeks. Thanks to you all.

I've finally plucked up the courage to reply to a few posts and start my own diary, so here goes:

I'm going camping this weekend in the Lakes and a little worried that I'm out of my comfort zone and won't have everything I need to hand. I also suspect if the weather is a bit poo, that we may end up in the pub for evening meals, rather than cooking on the bbq, so need some tip on the best 'pub grub' to eat please. I won't have my laptop to hand so can't use my fitness pal to track my induction carbs :(

Any tips anyone?

Thanks Jayne x

Last edited:
Steak and salad! My fave! Stick to anything meaty and avoid chips or anything obviously high carb.

Hope you have a fab weekend and the weather is nice for you.

Thanks Emmster, forecast looking ok, so may be able to have that bbq afterall, but if not, steak and salad it is :)

BBQ would be great - just watch the marinades as they usually have sugar or ketchup with hidden sugars :)

Thanks Di, weather has taken a turn for the worst, so it might be Tandoori Chicken from the takeaway on the way back home tonight :sigh:

I think tikka is more Atkins friendly than tandoori - but others here will know better than me :)

Hi Jayne I found you! Heading out now, but will be back later to see how your Saturday has been :) SD x

Oh and good luck with todays food choices. I'm also eating out at lunchtime and dreading it! It's only my day two!! Lol x

May have missed you, but yes do go for tikka or an Indian mixed grill and salad if you're doing a takeaway - enjoy! :)

Thanks for the tips guys, Indian Tikka Mix grill and salad it is then :gimi:

Hi Jayne, how's it all going? SD x

Hi SD, its going great, still not really hungry and eating when I feel I need to which is fantastic, as before Atkins, I was like the Tazmanian Devil demolishing everything in sight and ALWAYS hungry, so this is weird for me, remembering to eat, but I'm sure it will change as my body gets used to it, but for now, its great. :D Have started another thread about feeling tired and dizzy as that's kicked in today which feels a bit strange. Have you had that SD? x

Hi Jayne, welcome and nice to see your diary :)

Thanks Katie, nice to see so many friendly people on here posting ;)

Hi Jayne

Sounds like you have the beginnings of Atkins flu - which is what happens when your body starts to flush out the evil carbs, just shows you what an effect they have on your system without you noticing!

Some people get a full on cold/flu feeling - a bit wiped out - others get the dizziness - but whatever happens, don't give up, just try to eat a little bit, drink lots of water, and it will pass in a couple of days - and then you'll feel great!

Morning Jayne, yes sounds like Atkins Flu to me as well. I generally have the mixed grill for pub grub, and substitute the chips for salad

JCH Diary update

Hi all, thanks for ther advice. I'm wondering if it is Atkins flu, as still feel a bit ropey and the ketostix are reading dark purple today not just mid pink, so well and truly in ketosis and not hungry at all, just dizzy!

Going to take some more vitamins and drink more water to flush the system and hopefully will feel better in a day or two.

I've been eating very clean and green, no 'FRANKENFOOD' Jim :) so this can only be a good thing.

Hope everyone else ok and not fallen off the wagon over the long weekend! Jayne x

Morning Jayne... hope you feel better today ... :)

Hi all, I'm feeling much better today. Still in ketosis and been eating clean and green, lots of water etc. Although its WI day tomorrow, I had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning and almost cried as not lost anything so far this week. Have to say I've not 'been' for 3 days though, so this is probably why. Any tips on encouraging a 'movement' please? Have had plenty of green veggies, so not sure why I'm on go slow....

Back