my diary ~ no more CD for me

That's brilliant! A stone's a real landmark- and so quick!

thanks Kate :)

I'm bored again. I really wanted something extra tasty tonight and was all ready to give in but trying my hardest not to. Had some spicey tomato soup to have something as tasty as possible. I'm still tempted and it's only 8 40!!! I've spent 2 hours int he bath and had loads of water. It is purely the boredom that makes me tempted, plus the fact that I have a struggle coming up on sunday that I have to get out of (posted about it elsewhere)

I thought I'd post here to give me something to do but I don't even know what to write. hmmmmm.

Write anything,tell us a story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or just read through the threads thats what I do at times never get fed up with reading how others are doing.
Drink the water,paint your nails.anything to keep away from food.

Hiya Kati, Keep posting to get your mind off it!!!! Its so hard sometimes wondering what to say, I often pop into chit chat and have a look see, or is anyone in the chat room for you to have a chat to???

thanks for trying to help. I gave in though. I went and got a chicken kebab. I only ate half of the chicken though and nothing else. The dog is currently finishing it off and he seems to be enjoying it more than i did.

I feel so fed up with myself. I felt fed up with myself before I went but now even worse. I just feel so frustrated and don't want the hassle of everyone else trying to ruin things for me, so I helped them along a bit.

I know a bit of chicken isn't the end of the world, but it is the 2nd time in a week and I can't keep doing this. I just hate the times when I'm on my own, I need to find something to keep me going.

oh and the jug bit of my blender has a crack in it so it leaks. more to be fed up about. I only bought it a couple of weeks ago

Ok, why dont we take stock of the situation.

Forget what has happened as you cant change it, and chicken is not going to make you put the 12lbs on that you have lost, box it up and chuck any thoughts on that away.

Question 1, Why are you eating??
Boredom? Do something to totally forget about it, but you have to do it more than once for you to break the boredom eating habit, what about creative writing, making something (not food!!) like christmas cards, ring a friend, do a crossword, clean out your wardrobe.
I know these arent really inspiring but doing anything else may help.

2, If you feel the need, drink 1pt of water, if after 20 mins you still feel the need, go and get it, because you wont feel the need, trust me.

3, Turn you into someone very important, try to make you more important than food.

I hope this helps, I havent got this far without being tempted, and you knew when to stop, after all you could have eaten the lot with extras but you didnt.

You can do this, have faith

(((((((((hugz))))))))))

and take the blender back, demand a refund or a new one!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to write that.

I suppose the real reason I ate was loneliness as well as boredom. The only times I've been tempted so much is when I've been on my own with no one to talk to, apart from tuesday when my son was with me but that was the day of my twins birthday and they weren't here to celebrate. I felt awful that their birthday would go by with nothing special about it because they were away with the school. I found out yeserday though that the teachers had bought them cards and presents and they had birthday cake so that was really nice of them. I'm going to go out today and buy the teachers a thankyou card and a present for that.

I'm still in ketosis thankfully but was 12 stone 1 this morning so back to 13 pounds lost :( oh well my clothes still feel good. I tried on some underwear a few minutes ago and wow my boobs have really shrunk! Can't afford to be buying new bras just yet though and hopefully they will shrink more so they wouldnt fit me for long anyway.

I tried fruits of the forest with coffee in this morning which was actually not bad (apart from the lumps) I just bought a really cheap blender from asda and have always used hot water to mix my soups so maybe thats why it's cracked. I might just go and buy a decent one instead. They have those magic bullet ones in woolworths over the road from where I work and apparently I can get 20% off there! don't know if it's true but might aswell try. I just have to see the manager so I'm told, he's a regular at our shop so he knows me.

My kitchen stinks off that kebab, I'm going to have to empty the bin to get rid of the smell. I have to go food shopping today because the boys come home tonight. Can't starve them as much as I'd like to not have anything in the house. At least i wont be alone tonight anyway.

I feel so fed up with myself. I felt fed up with myself before I went but now even worse. I just feel so frustrated and don't want the hassle of everyone else trying to ruin things for me, so I helped them along a bit.

I know a bit of chicken isn't the end of the world, but it is the 2nd time in a week and I can't keep doing this. I just hate the times when I'm on my own, I need to find something to keep me going.

Hi Kati,

What I see going on here is a lot of new learning and I think you are seeing the reasons why you do things to sabotage your own diet..."I just feel so frustrated and don't want the hassle of everyone else trying to ruin things for me, so I helped them along a bit"!!!

I know this is exactly what I use to feel and do myself and when you look at that statement for what it is you can see how it does not make sense......this is how most of us use to think...you can change this crooked thinking and this is what the Journey is all about...changing the old ways of thinking and doing things in order to lose weight and keep it off and if you can see how these old patterns of thinking keep us locked in a situation that we are trying to escape from then you are well on your way ...

Give yourself some credit...you made a healthy choice in choosing the chicken.....it could of been much worse, but you did not go down that road.

So very well done you, this is another major step in the right direction and at a time when you are feeling lonely and under stress.

I think you did excellent!

Love Mini xxx

I know you're right that what I said doesn't make sense. I know I should feel like I should prove people wrong but I'm just not that kind of person. I need to stop sabotaging myself though, I'm doing this for me not for anyone else.

I've been feeling much better about things today, haven't even been slightly tempted to eat. I spent about 5 hours going round the shops today, 5 hours! I stocked up on food for the kids and ended up spending £175 in sainsburys eeek (ok that should last a month and it did include things like board games and various other things for christmas). My car is just a little micra, the amount of shopping I had the boot was full, as was the hole of the back seat and floor in front of it. I got the teachers their presents and cards and also bought some books for me and the kids, some clothes for the kids as well. Oh and I took the kids disposable cameras to boots to get developed and then they told me they have to be sent away so I have to wait 2 weeks to get the hotos back. I found some old films in a drawer so took them to get developed too, hopefully the pictures will still come out.

After a mammoth shopping trip like that I would usually be absolutely knackered when I get home and not bother putting the food away for ages. Today I put it away straight away without even thinking about it, then went on to start cleaning too! the kids came home so I gave my son his birthday presents and we sat and watched Zathura, I still couldn't settle though and kept getting up to do things. So yay for energy lol.

I decided to try making one of my packs into crisps tonight and wow it was fantastic! I only had one veg soup left so I thought if i use that one and it goes wrong then I wont care because I'm not keen on that one. But it worked great after having it in the microwave for aaages. How come thin crisps take 3 x longer than a muffin? weird.

I've still got one pack left to go and quite a bit of water I think. i bought some pint glasses today so I can drink it easier than using a bottle all the time. The only problem is if I leave it for any reason the dog goes and drinks out of it. His bowl always has water in but will he drink that? Nooo, he prefers to use a glass. grrr. I think he's too scared to pass the cat to get into the kitchen. She deliberately sits in his way so he can't get in there or in the garden without passing her because she knows he's scared. She often just has a swipe at him for the fun of it as well I think. Big bully isn't she. She's bigger than him too, so unfair of her.

Another thing about going shopping, Usually on shopping day i will end up having a big binge because all I can think about is all the lovely new stuff that is in the kitchen. I haven't even thought about it today. There were only 2 things that bothered me when shopping today, 1 was being in the crisp aisle they are my biggest downfall I love crisps, the other thing was cheese. I have been craving cheese and couldnt resist buyng it. I could have completely avoided it because the kids aren't bothered about it at all, but I thought if i don't buy it then I will crave it even more because I know it's not available whereas if it's in the fridge then I wont have such an ugency to go and get it. If I absolutely MUST have some cheese then just a tiny little piece would be enough if it's in the fridge. If I end up going out to get something with cheese (like getting that kebab last night) then I will end up having a lot more than I would otherwise.

I have to admit to not being the greatest mother where food is concerned though. The food I've bought I made sure I got the things I would have to do the least amount of work with to prepare it. Less temptation for me, even though I'm surrounded by food at work it's harder at home. the way I see it is this is only for a few months. Once I am closer to my goal weight and eating again I will be preparing much healthier meals so they can eat other things for now.

got out of going for sunday dinner today :) but it has only been postponed till next week :( However, Next week is week 4 so I could start my AAM on the sunday i suppose then it wont be cheating as long as I stick with the things I can have.

Just came on to book cinema tickets so we're off to see click this afternoon. Oh and we're going to macdonalds for dinner. I don't have any bars to take with me so will just have to sit while the kids eat theirs. oh well. it'stheir day so we go where they want.

Still only 12 stone 1 this morning, I must have really blown it this week so it does make me scared to see what it's going to be like on AAM week. But, now I think of it I don't think I've erm been to the loo for anything other than a wee since tuesday so that could be why I'm stuck at this weight. I know I've eaten but it wasn't much and I never seemed to come out of ketosis from the way I've felt.

I'm wearing trousers I haven't worn for ages becausethey were too tight but now there's loads of room :) miles away from wearing 14's though

wow was it really 7 hours ago that we went out? The film was good I'm glad we chose that one to see. Sitting in macdonalds was fine too I wasn't tempted at all in there (till I saw adam sandler eating some of their fries in the film then I wanted some). we did some shopping got the boys all a PS2 game each as an extra birthday present for them all (they were the pre owned ones in game that were 3 for the price of 2) Also decided to go into Next and have a look through the sale stuff. My son (oldest twin) got his eye on a fondue set so I got that for him and told him he can have it for christmas, also got something for my mams boyfriend full of olive oil and stuff. My brave thing was I found a lovely skirt for £7, but it is a size 14. so I bought it and that is going to be my new aim to fit into. I haven't tried it on at all yet to know how far off I am from getting into it but I will get there some day soon :)

It took 50 minutes to get home from the metro centre!!!! I thought rush hours were monday to friday not on a sunday. It would normally take 10 - 15 minutes to get there, nowhere near 50. The traffic just came to a standstill on the motorway so I went the whole way in 1st or 2nd gear. Then we had to go to my sisters to get the kids birthday presents off her. Got her onto peppermint tea too so had some of that there :)

Oh that reminds me of a little disaster I had today. I decided to be a cheapy mummy and bought the kids sweets and popcorn in sainsburys to take with us. I filled up 2 bottles of water for myself (too cheap to buy bottles so I was taking tap water) so I got a huge handbag and just managed to squeeze it all in. Somehow the lid opened on one of my bottles of water and when I discovered it half of it had pouredout all over the bag. Luckily, all I had in there were the sweets, bottles, purse, mobile and car keys. So i gave the kids their sweets and turned the bag inside out and left it to dry a bit like that during the film. Its still wet but at least it's not dripping any more. My phone purse and keys were in the little zip pocket in it so too high up to be damaged by the water thankfully. But what a nightmare, so lesson learnt, don't be too cheap to refuse to buy bottled water when going out lol. Orrrr i could get a flask or something, hmm that could work.

I loved my crisps so much last night i decided to try again with spicey tomato tonight. I wasn't very impressed though, too tomatoey like that. I love the soup but think theres a bit too much flavour for the crisps. I still have 1 1/2 packs to go tonight, think I might have the chilli soup later. I don't think I'll try that one as crisps.

I almost forgot I have to go to see my new cdc in the morning :) decided to change to Isobel, I just feel so alone in this and don't feel like I can go to the other cdc if I need support. Plus isobel has had great references off KateF lol

Hmmm decided there's no time like the present and went to try that skirt on. I obviously ddn't look too closely to realise it has an elasticated waist. So bad choice of aim since I can wear it now and it's not tight anywhere at all. It is rather long though so I need some high heels on when I'm wearing it or it'll trail on the ground

how stupid of me to forget, the great north run was on yesterday so no wonder the motorway was pretty much at a standstill. Oh well, at least it wasn't today.

Went to see Isobel today, and her scales say I'm 12 stone exactly so yay. She made a lot more sense about everything than my previous cdc did as she explained things better. So now I have water flavourings and mix a mousse and more bars etc. I tried a cranberry one for lunch it was wonderful! To be honest just after one visit to see her I feel a lot better about doing this diet than I have been. I was starting to think I'd end up living off 3 soup flavours and thats it, now I know theres more I can have.

Isobel has also made me decide to just explain to my mother about the diet and how I wont be eating a sunday dinner ith them, maybe even not christmas dinner depending on if I get to my goal by then or not. My bmi should be low enough by then that I might be eating though so we'll see. I need to lose 2 stone to get to a bmi of 25, I'm sure I can get there by christmas cant I? If I can lose a stone a month then that would be 2 stone by december. Still a long way to go after that though.

I'm glad the water flavouring doesnt have any colour to it so the kids still think I'm drinking plain water and wont pinch it. I got a couple of tetras to freeze too so I'll try just having them while the kids have ice cream.

I'm amazed I didn't get lost this morning but it was nice and easy to get to from where I work :) I can't believe I've been driving so far to get my stuff when Isobel as 5 minutes away all that time lol.

I'm so tired today for some reason. Maybe I've been overdoing it with all the shopping and everything I havent had a day to just rest for ages, not since I started cd I think.

Hi Kati,
I am really hoping to lose two stone by Christmas and would not mind a little more.

Have you joined the Bonfire Night Challenge on the WeMITT Forum to keep you motivated...every little bit helps.

You could be over doing it and you should take it easy and pace yourself...I hope your drinking your water as it does help.

Love Mini xxx

You're doing brilliantly, Kati! So glad you liked the cranberry bars - yummy!!!

Try to take it easy when the fatigue hits you - not easy, I know but this is your time, remember and you come first!

xxxxx

Hi Kati-

It was lovely to bump into you- it was a bit like meeting a celebrity with only having seen you on the forums and then you being real!!

Glad you're feeling better about things. I've just had a spate of tiredness too- but am feeling better again now and realise I had been quite active.

btw; you always talk about yourself as if you're huge, but I thought you were in fact quite petite and pretty.

Hope you get to have a good rest.

I wish I could take it easy, I tried going in the bath to get away rom the kids nagging me for a bit but it didn't work they just shouted at me through the door. My niece came over and started aasking for food, I'm not a nice aunty so told her to go home if she was hungry but she wouldn't and went through the cupboards to find all the nice snacks I have fr my boys. Finally she got something that I'd said no to and she went home grrrr. If I'd invited her over then fair enough I'd have given her tea too but she invited herself. her parents have far more money than I do so they can feed her not me! So that put me in a terrible temper not helped by the mess of the house. I have loads of ironing all over the place and the kids think ooh lets make more mess. I need a housekeeper lol.

I cant wait till they go to bed tonight, only 3 hours to go ugh. I wish they were litle again so I could have them in bed by 7. Actually no they were a nightmare to look after then I wouldn't be able to cope on my own, I'll keep them this age.

I wish the dog would stop trying to hump the youngest ones legs, it's driving me mad. I don't know why it's always him he goes for.

I haven't actually joined in the bonfire night challenge, it just didn't seem right to barge in there to be honest.

Kate and Isobel it was lovely to meet you both, I'm embarrassed to be called petite and pretty lol I felt like more of a midget stood next to you two.

I've drank about 3 litres of water so far today and have half a pack left to go for later, so I'll manage the 4 litres of water no problem today. Might finish it off with peppermint tea cos I love it!

Back