My Diary

i dont know what happened to mine but it curdled!!!!!! Blooming thing, so i didnt get to eat it.... So i might give it another go, my MIL said i didnt wait for the jelly to cool enough.... Hmmm nit sure where i went wrong.

Katie can you add the curry recipie to m recipie thread????
Cheers

yeeeeeay!!!! im soooooooooooo glad u and ours liked it! Im havin it for tea yummmmmm! I like the jelly to! I used 1/4 boiling water and 1/4pint of cold and whisked it with a big whisk hehe!

Off to find this recipe thread now...

hope u had a fab day hun!

xxxxxxx

Morning all, haven't posted here for days, it's been a manic kind of a week and while I have dropped in to read posts for inspiration I haven't posted in my own diary. Had to post today because it's weigh day and I have lost 4 1/2 pounds this week!!:party0038: AND I can see the number 14 on my scales for the first time since who knows when. Years! So I am a very happy little bunny, I have had a really good week so had hoped for a good loss but you can never be sure. I do have a challenging weekend coming up, out to a jewellery party tonight with lots of food and drink on hand (I was told by my friend I should skip my tablet to enjoy it all, won't be doing this) but as it turns out I will have to leave after one and a half hours to collect my brother from the airport, meaning I will also have to drive so food and drink should be well under control. Another brother and his wife have invited us to their house tomorrow night with the kids and to stay the night. I have already texted her and told her I will bring my own food and have bought myself a yummy M&S Count on Us dinner so that I don't feel deprived. I have also bought some low fat crisps in case I get the munchies. Every time we go to their house to stay over I provide breakfast the next morning which is usually a good old fashioned Ulster fry with sausages, bacon, potato bread, soda bread, the works. I have bought this for the rest of them but hope just to have toast myself. Much will power required!! I am on such a roll that I'm hoping this won't be too difficult.
Hope you are all well, have a great weekend,

KB x

you sound like your in a great head space!!!! Well done. And congrats on the loss this week.. Well done!!!!!!

Congrats KittyBling :D good work!!

At the bottom of the post in the right hand corner there is a little thumbs up sign. Just click that :)

just dropped in to say here I am sitting in my brothers house having just made the assembled masses a huge fry up of sausages, bacon, soda bread and potato bread and I have had a small bite of sausage off my sons plate and that is IT, no other food has passed my lips. Am I proud of myself or what? :D
Mouth is watering though, but not as much as I would have thought.

MASSIVE WELL DONE!!!!!

you must feel so good about yourself for doing so!!!

well chuffed for you

Now that's self restraint!

hey kb! i know this is a bit late but! woooop well done! i cant resist food when its in front of me!!! hahah

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all, just reaching out and touching as they say. How's it going? I had a bit of a wobbly weekend after being so good about the fry, I didn't eat much more than I should have, I just wanted something all day and nibbled a bit more than I should. I think I was just feeling a little deprived because of the lack of fry. Anyway as I said I didn't really over-eat, just felt like it and I got back on track yesterday so hopefully no damage done. We'll see on Friday! One of the boys finishes school today for half term until next Wednesday, the other one finishes on Thursday and is off all next week. This might make Wii Fit etc more difficult to fit in but weather permitting I am hoping to get out and about with them so that might make up for it. I have just done my Biggest Loser so am feeling good and just about to make lunch. That is going to be a sandwich (wholemeal bread) with some wafer thin ham, low fat cheese and tomato, cucumber, a few pickles and some low fat mayo. Really hungry so looking forward to it. I hope you all have a great day,

KB x

Hi KB - I really wouldn't worry too much about your little wobble...it sounds like most of it was in your head, rather that in your mouth, so I'm sure the damage will be virtually non-existent!
Instead, give yoursef a massive pat on the back for resisting that lovely fry-up, and for getting straight back on track after your wobble! The damage gets done when a day of weakness turns into another day, and then a week...(and I'm the proof of that!!)
Glad to hear you're feeling good now - enjoy the rest of your week, and I'm sure the results will show!
Your lunch sounded delicious by the way (very envious, as I had boring old soup - again!)

Hi Alex, good to hear from you, I have enjoyed reading your exploits in Japan, sounds fab! Yes, one wobble leading to a week of over-eating (I'll start again on Monday) was always the way with me before so I am pleased that even when I do wobble now it's only for a day and then I'm back on track straight away. I am a little concerned about dinner tonight, I normally go for Weight Watchers meals or something like that so I know exactly where I am but my son is cooking at school today and normally he just makes a small amount of whatever it is but today he is making enough for all of us. Of course I have to have some of it, it's beef noodles so I am hoping there is not too much in it to cause problems for me. Anyway, it's only one night and if I suffer for it then tough.Hopefully not,

KB x

Yeah, Japan was amazing thanks :) So glad I went! Not so glad about the weight gain, but I'm back on track with that.
I reckon you'll be alright with the beef noodles - at least it's not something like a pie! (I had tango issues after my aunt cooked me a meat and potato pie that I couldn't say no to!)
And I'd think/hope that schools would be teaching kids to cook healthily, rather than using bucket loads of oil or butter (or am I being idealistic!?) You could always skip your tablet if you had serious doubts about it.
I know what you mean about sticking to Weight Watchers meals - I tend to do that during the week. Not really because I can't be bothered to cook, but so I know exactly where I am in terms of calories and fat content. It also helps me with portion control, because when I cook something nice I just can't measure out a small portion, I pile it on!
xx

Hi, we have very similar stories except I have a lot more weight to lose - but as the title to my first thread was "first day of the rest of my life" - thought it was spooky that you used the same phrase. We are the same age, same aged kids and same feelings about not wanting to make them feel embarrassed at the school gates! I do want to lose the weight for me - but more so for them - I want to be around for them when they are parents and help them - I want to enjoy life to a ripe old age - I think finding this forum has just saved my life!! Keep in touch x

Hi Ruthie - and welcome.
This forum really is great for finding all the support you'll need with your weight loss journey. If I ever feel tempted to ditch the diet, half an hour on here reading about everybody's successes soon sorts me out!
KB - how was your meal last night?! Hope it was good, and that it didn't cause any adverse effects!! :eek:

Back