My Diary

times the stones by 14 (there's 14lbs in a stone) and add your pounds.

So for example I'm 16st 8lbs

16x14=224 + 8 = 232lbs.

I do have to use a calculator btw but if you're ever stuck it's handy to know. Now lbs to kgs is a whole other thing :p

Yeah, I'm OK at working it out with my calculator, I'm just too lazy/not good enough at maths to do it in my head :)
...and I have to use one of those converters you can find online to do lbs/stones to kgs! :)

I know the theory of it too, it's the practice I have issues with. And I know that a kilo is 2.2 pounds but that doesn't really doesn't help in my head...
Alex, today was an official weigh day and yes, I am hoping to stay off the scales until next Friday. Not easy though! I don't have all my children back to school until Tuesday so am hoping to get back to the exercise then, even if it's only walking them to school so am hoping for a good loss this week despite the meal out tonight and my son's birthday party tomorrow. Need to stay focused!

KB x

wooop! stop knocking your losses hun! 1 lb a week is almost 4 stones in one year missy!

well done hun!!

xxx

Afternoon all, Well it's confession time. Yesterday was my son's birthday and we had a family party here with the grannies, grandas, aunties, uncles, cousins etc. I decided in the morning that I was just going to eat what I wanted all day and give myself a day off, if I tell you that breakfast was 2 slices of bread smothered in REAL butter you can imagine where it went from there....Having said that, I felt that because I had allowed myself the day off, instead of just falling off the wagon as the day went on, that I had some element of control so didn't feel as bad about the lasagne, crisps, cocktail sausages, pizza, chocolate cake and ice cream as I might have done which has made it easier to pick myself back up today. The house is still full of junk but because I had it all yesterday I don't want any today. (also stomach not feeling so good, obviously pills not out of my system) so I'm back on track and plan to stay that way and hope that, come Friday, I won't be punished too much by the scales... Have a great day,

KB x

Afternoon all, Well it's confession time. Yesterday was my son's birthday and we had a family party here with the grannies, grandas, aunties, uncles, cousins etc. I decided in the morning that I was just going to eat what I wanted all day and give myself a day off, if I tell you that breakfast was 2 slices of bread smothered in REAL butter you can imagine where it went from there....Having said that, I felt that because I had allowed myself the day off, instead of just falling off the wagon as the day went on, that I had some element of control so didn't feel as bad about the lasagne, crisps, cocktail sausages, pizza, chocolate cake and ice cream as I might have done which has made it easier to pick myself back up today. The house is still full of junk but because I had it all yesterday I don't want any today. (also stomach not feeling so good, obviously pills not out of my system) so I'm back on track and plan to stay that way and hope that, come Friday, I won't be punished too much by the scales... Have a great day,

KB x

Hello kb!

hope ur son had a fab day! Its strange isnt it! when you plan to have something off plan you dont beat your self up about it!

Life is for living an when it comes to personal things like birthdays you wanna remember the good things about the day and not how u were miserable cos u were deprived or you ate so much you beat your self up for a week after!

anyways hun hope u r having a fab sunday1

love katie
xxx

Hope you had a fab time KB - and well done for keeping an element of control, even if that meant giving yourself the day off, and starting afresh the next day. That sounds much better than trying to stay on track, but then feeling guilty for every mouthful of 'forbidden food' that passed your lips!
I've got a curry coming up on Friday night followed by a night at a friend's house on Saturday. I've already decided that I'll have whatever I want for the evening meal on both nights (so I know I won't be taking my tablets) but I'm hoping that planning those 'treats' in advance will help me stay on track for the rest of the time.
Or at least that's the plan!

Hope you're enjoying the rest of your weekend, and that the side effects from yesterday aren't too troublesome :eek:
xx

Oooohhhh not feeling well at all, haven't eaten anything today so far and it's after 3! That will teach me to misbehave.... Alex, this will be extra incentive to stay off the scales all week, I don't want to know what the damage is, I'll save it for Friday. Anyway it was a great day and there are no more birthdays for at least a month so that should be all right then...

Afternoon all and I hope you are all having a great day. I had a good day yesterday and have been good so far today. There is still far too much junk lying around this house for my liking, hubby is off today but back to work tomorrow so anything that they haven't managed to eat by the morning is going to work with him. My will power just isn't that good. I haven't posted a food diary for ages, probably because it's usually much the same from day to day and that suits me fine but here goes.

Breakfast; I really have a problem with breakfast and usually don't have any, whether I'm on a diet or not because I have never found anything that I can actually stomach first thing in the morning (apart from hot buttered toast or a big fry!) What I have been doing is trying to have something once I have been up for a while, today it was a small tin of pineapple rings (in juice).
Lunch; This is the same almost every day. I have a sandwich made with wholemeal bread and then I cram as much as I can fit into it. Lean ham with low fat cheddar, tomato, cucumber, pickles and extra light mayo. I'll have a cereal bar or Special k bites if I want them after.
Dinner; Usually a Weight Watchers meal (I like the chicken hotpot or shepherds pie) padded out with some veg or potato or bread with low fat spread. Followed by a Mullerlight or a recent discovery Tesco Mango and Blackcurrant sorbet. YUM!! And really low calorie and only a trace of fat.

That's it, I'll have a cereal bar or a piece of fruit or something similar in the afternoon if I feel like it and I drink loads of water, couple of cups of ordinary coffee and some decaff.

Doesn't sound too bad if I can get rid of all the chocolate that is still lurking around here!!

Have a great day,

KB x

I have to have something in the morning, or I'm good for nothing. Jus a bowl of cereal though.

I'm lucky enough to be able to have my breakfast in the office. I usually get there between 8 and 8.30, do a bit of work until 9 - 9.30ish and then have my porridge.
It's not really because I can't stomach breakfast (I can eat at any time unfortunately :eek:) I do it so that I stand more of a chance of staying full-ish until lunch.
If I had my brekkie at 7, I'd be ready to chew my own arm off by 10.30!!

How are you doing at resisting the scales KB? I've only got one more day after this!!! :)

Alex, I was hoping you wouldn't ask.... Fell off the scale wagon and jumped on the scales this morning. On the upside, they did show a small loss and given the weekend I've had that is a miracle! But motivating all the same. But you can last one more day I know you can!!

KB x

well done on the little loss dispite the weekend.... Good luck and you can get back on track!!!

Alex, I was hoping you wouldn't ask.... Fell off the scale wagon and jumped on the scales this morning
:nono:​

:p :p :p

Lol, I nearly gave in this morning!! And I think I would've done if I wasn't so close!
I think I'll find it more difficult to avoid the scales next week because I'm having a couple of days off the plan/tablets this weekend and I'll by dying to know what the damage is :(

Well done on your loss though! Maybe it was worth a sneaky peek on the scales, because now you know you're still on track for a loss this week :)

I still have to weigh myself twice a day. Can't help it! :(

Afternoon all, I have got my motivation back with a vengeance! I think weighing myself yesterday was a good thing because if I had put on it would have motivated me to get it off again, as it is I had a slight loss which makes me all the more determined. I did Wii Fit last night and again today (haven't been doing much exercise the past few weeks) I did advanced step followed by jogging (long distance, working my way up to an island lap) then 10 minutes free step and then rhythm boxing (super advanced) Then I did a wee bit of Samba de Amigo which isn't officially exercise but great fun! And my arms get sore after a while so it must be doing something... I have ordered the Wii Fit Plus which should be arriving in the next few days. Kes, I am holding you responsible for this, too much talk of Kung Foo and fast step! I'm looking forward to getting a go at those.
I am also doing my usual walking the kids to school which I always did so that can help a bit too I suppose. Food is fine at the moment (just had my normal lunch time sandwich and plan weight watchers meal tonight) so all is well. Hopefully the scales will tell a good tale on Friday despite my binge day on Saturday. Have a great day everyone!

KB x

wooop good luck for fri hun!

keep fighting the good fight! lol

xxxx

love katie

Thanks, Katie, just realised that no matter how good the scales are to me on Friday I am never going to make the (rather unrealistic) goals I set this month. Never mind, better luck next month and a little more realism!

KB x

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Weigh day today and have stayed the same. I know I had a really bad weekend but I have worked so hard all week, loads of exercise and no cheats so I'm gutted. On the upside my Wii Fit plus arrived this morning so going to have a look at it and hopefully it will help me feel more positive. :sigh:

KB x

Reactions: kae
Back