My Diary

Hi Alex, the meal was gorgeous, thank you for asking, and no side effects so far... Really the only oil was what they had used to fry to beef at the beginning so should be ok. It really was tasty and I really enjoyed it, perhaps another Gordon Ramsay in the making?
Have you got your head back together again? So hard to get back to reality after a trip away.

Another quick one from me, I hope you are all well and happy and getting skinnier by the minute. Weigh day tomorrow and I can't say I am looking forward to it. I don't seem to have got my head together all week and while I haven't been that bad, I haven't been that good either if you know what I mean. No major sins but very little in the way of exercise and a little too much nibbling. Well if I haven't lost, or worse, if I have gained then maybe that will give me the good kick up the behind that I need. Fingers crossed, I'll post the damage tomorrow. Racing to get everything ready for the rest of them, early rehearsals tonight, bye!

KB x

Hi KB, good luck with the weigh in... keeping my fingers crossed that you have a nice surprise on the scales.
I do know what you mean about getting your head together....I've been nibbling a lot more this week than I usually do. Just silly things like saying yes rather than no when the chocolates get passed round at work, but I know it all adds up, and I'm better just saying no altogether!

But tomorrow's a new day!! Hopefully whatever the scales say, we'll stay forcussed and have a better week next week :)

Hiya hun! i really do hope u get the resukt you are looking for tmoz! If its a gin so what! the main thing will be that you have noted where you have gone wrong so you wont do it this week! I suspect you may be pleasently suprised!

dont be too hard on ya self! you need to give your self some credit!

love katie
xxxx

Morning all. WEIGH DAY! And somehow or another I have managed to lose 2 pounds this week. Not a huge amount I'll admit but much better than I had hoped for. As I said, I had a bad week but as someone (Alex?) said to me recently it must have been mostly in my head and not in my mouth. I'll happily accept the 2, making a total of 18.5 since 5th January, and hope for more next week.

KB x

Seee I told ya so :) well done Hun! 2lbs loss a week is fab! Good luck for next week love katie xxxxx

Wohooooooo!!! 2lbs is great, and the grand total is even better! :D :D

You're doing great KB, I bet you can really feel the difference in your clothes now? I don't know about anybody else, but when I lost weight before it used to work out at roughly one dress size for each stone...:)

Good luck for next week x

Don't knock 2lbs, I've been stuck at 1lb losses for while and I'm hoping for 2lbs this week :p

So good work! :D

hey hun! hows ya week going?
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Katie and thank you for asking. Week isn't too bad now but I had a really bad day yesterday, probably the worst since I started. I had been sooooo good all weekend, we even went to my Mums for dinner and I turned down dessert AND buns afterwards, then just lost it completely yesterday and hoovered out the cupboards, found myself eating things I don't even like, do other people get days like this? Anyway it was a proper binge, I don't know why, tried to talk myself out of it as I was doing it but didn't work. Back on track today though and have been very good, I am expecting some side effects from yesterday as I took my tablets anyway but so far so good... The only up side is I have managed to get back on track, usually a day like yesterday would end in a week of stuffing myself and "I'll start again next week" but not this time thankfully so that's something. I was just reading your pancake recipe, don't like them so that's ok and ever since I sizzled my hand a couple of years ago (was showing off my pancake-tossing skills, still have no feeling in that part of my hand-bad burn!) I refuse to make them properly so have just taken the kids (off for half term) to Tesco to buy some. Cheating I know but there you go. I'll have to be really focused this weekend, it's hubby's birthday on Friday and then son will be 12 on Saturday. We are going out for a meal on Friday night as a family and I'm hoping to choose a low fat option, then on Saturday all the Grannies, Grandas, Aunties, Uncles and cousins are descending on this house and I am feeding them all. Of course the menu has been chosen by Matthew and consists of cocktail sausages, pizza and the like. My favourite kind of food so I hope the will power holds out.
That's enough rambling from me, hope you are all having a good week, better than mine anyway.

KB x

Hey hun well done for getting back on track! Yes it happens to me and i hate it! Its exactly how i felt last week when i couldnt get back on track! I just stuff food down the hatch in a mad woman sort of daze! Not tasting the food not even chewing most times lol!

Sounds like u have a mega busy week ahead of you! You could try buying the low fat varieties of things like sausage rolls etc the kids wont tell. Or you could plan to be extra extra good all week and allow your self a little indlugance on the day. Plan to have 1 sausage, i small slice of pizza a plate full of salad half a sandwich u get the idea! So you wont feel deprived and also you wont beat your self up about eating some thing you shouldnt! do u get what i mean?

hope ur well hun!

love katie!!

xxx

ps hand sounds v painful! bless ya

We rarely have anything that I want to pig out on in our cupboards

Which makes it a lot easier

Just stumbled across your diary!

Sounds like your doing fab :-D

Look forward to reading it some more!

Best of luck x

PK, I didn't really have anything to pig out on in my cupboards either but that didn't stop me. Although I think that's why I haven't had any side effects, a pig out on Alpen Light and Special K mini breaks isn't quite the same as the previous pig outs on crisps and chocolate!

true

When my parents go away in august I normally stock the cupboard with crap.

this year I bought some walkers baked crisps, B & J frozen yoghurt and tescos health eating cake bars.

Minimises the damage!

You have done the right thing not having anything in the cupboards!

Morrisons eat smart range i find is very good.. .such things as cereal bars (brownies!) have low fat etc.. i use to get them in at the start and nibble them.. but now i realise i don't need them and there just a waste of money :-D even if they do taste amazing hehe x

Morning all, weigh day today and I have lost 1.5 pounds. It's a loss I know but could have been better. Having said that, I've had the kids off all week and my usual exercise regime has gone out the window so I am glad that I at least lost. I have decided to weigh myself in pounds from now on instead of stones and pounds. Everything here, and with my ticker, works in pounds and then I won't get depressed as much about my weight because I won't really know what it is. Does that make any sense at all? Hope you are all having a great week,

KB x

That makes a lot of sense KB - I still can't convert pounds to stones and pounds on my head, not even vaguely, so when I look at someone's stats at the side of the page, I really have no idea how much they weigh, or how much they want to lose! Unless they weigh the same as me!
Weighing in pounds seems a good way to keep track, but also remain oblivious!!

Well done on your 1.5lbs by the way! :D Staying on track when your routine is disrupted can be really tough, so that's a great result :)

By the way, are you joining me in trying to stay off the scales until your next official weigh-in? :eek: I'm managing but it's tough!!

Back